five

This Nonexistent Perfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ahn sohee


Sohee didn't know how to feel about being back in Korea. Obviously, she's excited. Korea is her home— but over the years, New York had also become her home. Korea many happy memories for Sohee, but it also held ones that she didn't want to remember. As much as she wanted to be at Korea, she would rather go back to her secret life in New York (or so Sunmi would say). It's not as if her life is a secret. It's just that she would prefer not to talk about it, no matter how far in the industry she is. Well, I'm only here for two more days, she thought.

It was her first full day back and she had spent the day getting settled in her hotel, unpacking and sleeping. Sohee slumped back onto her bed and looked at her gold watch to check the time. 7:47. Her friends at the company and a few others were throwing her a welcome back party at 8pm. Better go get ready, she thinks.

She sighs, jumps up from the bed and heads to the closet. After a few minutes of picking out her outfit, which consists of a white cropped tee, black high waisted jeans and white converse, she went to shower. After she showered, she did her makeup and her hair and headed out to her car to drive to the company, where she was meeting everybody else.

On the way to the company, many people noticed her luxurious car and even recognized who she was, so as she expected, there were lots and lots of paparazzi and flashing lights. Sohee tried her best to cover up, with a black hoodie and her lennon sunglasses (it was necessary for her to carry this at all times, even if the sun isn't out). This was most likely going to be out on the news the next day. She tried to get to the company building as soon as possible, seeing as how the paparazzi was starting to get even worse.

She managed to get to the company on time and was welcome by Mark and Jackson waiting outside the main door for her. She parked her car in a secluded spot in the parking lot and met up with Mark and Jackson.

"Sohee! Welcome back to your motherland!" Jackson happily said as he swung his arm over her and led her inside.

Sohee laughed.

"Glad to be back Jacks." She replied as they went up the elevator.

"I heard you got one of the best rooms at W hotel. Lucky ." Mark said, jokingly glaring at Sohee.

"Yah! They offered it to me, so might as well stay." She replied, lightly punching him on the arm.

"But, you're getting it all for free. God knows your job pays more than enough to get 5 of those VIP rooms." He whined.

She sent death looks at him.

"We're not supposed to talk about my job, remember? And if you wanted to get payed as much money as I do, then why didn't you join the industry with me?" She asked.

"I'm too busy being an idol here." He stated, sticking his tongue out at her.

"I could be your stylist!" Sohee joked.

"Yah! Don't joke. Your status in the industry is way too high for you to be a stylist." Mark commented.

Sohee grunted.

"Guys, we're here!" Jackson interrupted as the elevator door opened.

Mark and Sohee led them to a room that Sohee initially recognized as the old Wonder Girls practice room. They opened the door for her and the lights came on, showing a fully decorated room with "Welcome Back" signs and balloons. All of her friends were there wearing silly hats and playing with the balloons. The rest of the Wonder Girls were there as well as GOT7, 15&, Miss A, 2PM, 2AM, JYP, Joo and Lim Jeong Hee. People from other companies also came. Heechul, Yesung and Leeteuk from SuJu were there, as well as Kai and Luhan from EXO. Hyuna and Gayoon from 4minute also came, as well as CL from 2ne1 and L.Joe from Teen Top.

"Guys..." Sohee can feel herself tear up.

"Welcome back, mandu!" They all yelled simultaneously. 

Sohee laughed with tears in her eyes as she joined them. The table was filled with food and cakepops and a three tiered cake with a miniature Sohee at the very top layer. She sat down with Sunye, Yubin and Kai on the main couch and conversated with them.

"How was New York?" Kai asked.

"Yeah! Tell your unnies. I missed you so much, even so i visited you quite a few times." Yubin said.

"I missed you so much, baby Sohee! You haven't even met little Hailey yet." Sunye added.

If Sohee could physically sweatdrop, she would have.

"New York was fun. I have a job and everything so because of that I won't be in Korea for too long. You guys should really come and visit  me." Sohee replied.

Kai nodded as he took a cakepop and popped it in his mouth.

"I'll be going to New York Fashion Week with Luhan and Tao. Will you be there?" He asked.

"Oh! Sunye, Yeeun and I will also come! Sunmi is going to be there, right?" Yubin added.

Sohee nodded.

"I'll be going to most of the fashion shows, but if you want to come see me, come to the Givenchy, Versace and Dolce and Gabbana fashion shows for the first two days. The next days I'll be with UNIF, Jeremy Scott and O-mighty." She stated.

"Wow, your job does a lot." Sunye commented.

That's when Luhan and L.joe decided to join in.

"Oh! Our Sohee's going to be participating in NY Fashion Week." L.joe said as he wiggled his eyebrows at Luhan.

"So, wait..What exactly is your job?" Luhan asked, curiousity filling his facial features.

Sohee smiled.

"I'm a model!" She said cheekily.

Luhan and L.joe's eyes widened.

"So, you're going to be modeling for these big name brands?!" L.joe asked with stars in his eyes.

Sohee shook her head.

"I'm not modeling for these shows. I didn't try out, but I am a representitive for most of those brands and also a partial designer. The founders invited me themselves, so it would be rude not to attend." She stated.

Her audience seemed to be shocked into silence. The person to break it was Kai.

"You're friends with the founders of Givenchy, Dolce & Gabbana and Versace?!" He asked with wide eyes.

"Wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter