nine

This Nonexistent Perfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

dong youngbae


Taeyang had heard from Seungri about the incident with Jiyong last night. Seungri hadn't told him the details but just enough to know that Jiyong had found out Sohee was back, demanded to see her and when Sunmi refused, he blew up on her. That was last night. Now, it was 2:04pm and he was waiting for Jiyong at his apartment, knowing that he spent the night at Kiko's yet again (like he always does when he doesn't get what he wants). He propped his legs up on the coffee table and decided to turn the tv on and catch up on the latest news. Just as he was about to turn the volume up, he heard the familiar twist of the doorknob. When the door opened, he saw Jiyong come in and put his things down on the counter. Taeyang coughed to get Jiyong to notice him. Jiyong looked up, not at all surprised.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Nothin. Just came to check up on you." Taeyang replied.

Jiyong scoffed.

"Did Seungri tell you?"

Taeyang nodded.

Jiyong took a seat next to his best friend and put himself in a comfortable position.

"You don't need to worry about me. I'm fine." He said nonchalantly.

Taeyang rolled his eyes at him. "Not according to Seungri."

"Listen, Youngbae. I'm fine. Absolutely okay. You need to chill. I don't care about Sohee, I was just surprised."

"You're sizing the situation down here, Jiyong. Why don't you just tell me what's really the matter?"

And at that moment, Taeyang could swear that he saw an anger in Jiyong's eyes that he hadn't seen in the longest time. He was snapped back to reality with a growl.

"There's nothing wrong! Why don't you get it? Sohee & I are in the past. She means nothing to me and I mean nothing to her. I could care less what she does. This isn't the first time she's returned to Korea, so why do you keep bothering me about it?!" He raised his voice, which momentarily surprised Taeyang.

Taeyang kept his calm, though his best friend just lost his temper. He knew what Jiyong was talking about. He was there. Well, he was there watching the tv when it happened. However, it wasn't as if Sohee returned that day, just like she did today. The last time she came to Korea, it was last year and nobody knew until they all saw her on Music Bank. It was the end of November of 2011 and the Wonder Girls were promoting their album, Wonder World. Their title track was Be My Baby but they also promoted another song called Girls, Girls. The girls promoted without Sohee, although her vocals were included in the track so everybody assumed that they'd worked on it all together. What really surprised him and Jiyong was the fact that they'd seen Sohee on Music Bank performing another song from their album. GNO, he remembered. Some song about clubbing. He remembered that day very vividly, due to s' surprised reactions at the provocative-ness of their single performance. He remembered Jiyong's irritation and anger the most.

-

"Hyung! Turn on the TV! Music Bank is on and I don't want to miss anything." Daesung said excitedly.

Seunghyun laughed and bopped Daesung's hair covered forehead. "Arasso, just keep quiet."

Daesung squealed and took a sit next to Seungri on the couch. Taeyang was sitting on the love seat with one leg propped up. Jiyong sat on one end of the couch while Seungri and Daesung sat on the other end. Seunghyun was sitting comfortable on the bean bag. Seunghyun took the remote in hand and pressed on some buttons, making sure that it was Music Bank that was on the tv before them.

They sat quietly as the intro to the program began. Announcements and teasers from groups and soloists that were debuting/coming back were playing. 

An awaited comeback from the girl group leading the Hallyu Wave-

"Leading girl group? Snsd?" Seungri asked.

"I dunno?" Seunghyun replied, not knowing.

The Wonder Girls have comeback after a year of hiat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter