one date, one reunion.

one.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been weeks. Constantly exchanging messages or sneaking in a phone call before heading into a deep slumber on their own mattresses. There's a smile, planted upon their own lips that causes their roommates to raise a brow in curiosity. The reactions completely different though. Bomi would usher over to the young woman's side, trying to peek at the screen and throw guesses of what they're talking about until a shade of blush dusts along Naeun's cheeks. Compared to Kai, who figured it'd be from Naeun and when he notices Sehun nod he scoffs under his breath and continues on with his day.

She promises him to visit that day, properly this time without them suddenly bumping in the streets. Knuckles lightly tapping against the door and swiftly he opens the door for her to step inside, wondering if he was waiting besides it due to the quick pace.

"Make yourself at home." Sehun said. Watching Naeun step inside with her shoes pushed to one side, a quick smile is all she gives him and he guides her to the tiny living room area. Taking a seat besides one another, a random movie playing on the screen and he eyes how straight her posture is. "Naeun, I mean it."

"Hm?" Turning her head to glance at him from over her shoulder. Noticing how slumped down he is, back resting on the couch and she gradually follows along rather timidly (and quite loss too). 

They asked the usual questions. Naeun would start off with asking him how his day went and he's explain with no certain emotion to back up his words. He'll toss the inquiry back and she'll ramble on, but he never minds. It's quite endearing since she was normally quiet around him or other people. A pair of eyes were glued to the television screen the entire time. Sehun's arm lazily resting on the top of the couch, sneakily trying to let it fall onto her shoulders instead and when he does his eyes fall onto her visage. Her body stiffens up and when he was close to pulling away, a shade of pink blossoms on her cheeks causing him to snicker.

And as quiet Sehun was trying to be Naeun heard it regardless.

She whines at the childish sound he makes, turning her head the opposite direction to cover her face from his vision. Brow arched and he nudges her side in return. "What's wrong?"

"Just.. Nothing." She starts off, craning her head forward to gaze back at the screen. Usual Heroic stuff that happens, trying to capture the bad guy but surely it's never an easy tasks for the Hero of the movie. 

"It's cute."

"What was?"

"The way you blush." Sehun pointed out, remaining calm about the situation rather than feeling embarrassed about it. He speaks thoroughly, about his opinions or the way he feels and it's nothing he's ashamed about.

And that's a difference between the two. Because as much as she'd like to say something far more than a "thank you" that tumbles out of her lips shyly. Speaking wasn't she enjoys, she'll talk when needing to but normally the conversation dies down within minutes. 

The tiredness in her eyes were becoming more obvious, unknowingly tilting to his side with eyes suddenly coming to a close. Strands of her hair began to tickle the side of his neck but he ignored the feeling. Sehun lets her sleep in peace, trying not to shuffle in position or get up. The arm resting over her shoulder began to bend, pulling her tiny frame closer. The warmth he carries makes a small smile show along Naeun's lips. Fingers would push back any strands that fell on her face and when the vibrations of his phone press against his thigh, he immediately picks it up. Barely making an attempt to check the messages, he presses down on the button on the side to turn it off instead.

 ✄ - - - 

Fingers began to dig deep into her shoulder blade, her body moves back and forth but she'll still unconscious. They'll shout at the top of their lungs but no response was given back and it's beginning to grow quite painful. She hears it but Naeun couldn't exactly see it. She could feel it but she doesn't know who it was either. It's still a nightmare that reveals nothing.

Naeun's eyes fluttered open, just in time before it got worse. Cheek pressed against the surface of his chest, inhaling the faint scent of his cologne before she pulls away instinctively. Hands resting on his sides as she glances at him. Sehun blinks out of surprise at how quick she was, yet the closeness wasn't really ignored. "Sorry."

"No it's fine." He reassured as she watches her stutter out more apologizes and he laughs behind his palm. "Seriously, it's fine." Reaching out to push her hair away, the corners of his lips flash a grin.

To him it was okay, she assumed he was saying that to appear kind. She was known to move around while she sleeps. Glancing at the time etched on the screen of her phone, hurriedly getting up her teeth gritting together. "Oh, shoot. I forgot I needed to help Bomi with something at home." 

The disappointment grown in Sehun's mind but he shrugs it off. Getting up after Naeun in order to lock the door when she leaves, standing by the door with his fingers wrapped around the knob.

"Thank you again, let's meet up soon?" She asks, his head bobbing into a curt nod in response. Fixing the end of her shoe to adjust it properly to let it fit more comfortably, she turns back to wave goodbye while stepping out of his apartment complex. 

"Next week. I'll pick you up this time."

Turning after five steps. Astonished by his suggestion as she captures her lower lip. "Like a date?"

"Sure." He chuckles. Applying most of his weight on one foot as she continues to stare at Naeun. "If you'd like to call it that."

"A date it is then."

 ✄ - - - 

"Welcome home!" Bomi chirps, the usual greeting that hugs Naeun close for comfort and warmth. The younger simply waves a hand out in response, getting comfortable as she walks over to the kitchen a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter