one quick glance.

one.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Conversations continued to flow out naturally between mutual friends who've known one another for months until years. Airy laughs and simple greetings were tossed to one direction to the other, exchanging respectful bows and friendly smiles. He stands there in the suit that he normally keeps tucked inside of his closet until an important event were to fall into his hectic schedule. In a mist of a daze entirely, Sehun shoots a glance from all corners. Observing the scenario that paints upon his perspective only to have it fall onto the woman who stands a few feet away from where he was currently standing.

 

A sudden dryness in the center of his throat captures his attention and he finds himself drifting his eyes somewhere else. His parents informed him that it's never polite to stare during the years, therefore, he complies by doing so. Yet, he finds himself wanting a second glance. So he does. Noticing the petite woman disappearing into the crowds of people that washed over her own frame and he somehow regrets ripping his gaze to the direction where the bar was on the corner. Sighing in defeat with hands tucked into the pocket of his dress pants, walking over to the group of friends he managed to stay with the entire night.

 

Seconds afterwards the young woman in the charcoal colored dress that falls down towards her thighs and a thin second layer on the back that drapes down to her ankles. She finds herself noticing a pair of eyes staring but she assumes it was just a mere mistake. Smiling faintly to herself as she continues on to wander around the sightly crowded room carelessly, awaiting for her friend to come back so she wouldn't feel so left out or clueless.

 

"Naeun-ah?" Her name falls out gently from her friend's lips causing the brunette to turn her head over towards the other's direction. Hiking a brow as she watched the other point to the door upfront. "Time to go, you ready now?" 

 

"Mhm. Let me just place this somewhere."

 

Complying with a subtle nod, the glass containing the clear liquid inside was gracefully placed on the marble patterned countertop. Flashing a warm smile that one stranger sees, saying their quick goodbye's and they'll head out of the owner's house in no time.

 

An arm slips in between Bomi's arm, a firm grasp as a sign that she'd never let go as they continued to walk. The fresh air caressed any exposed skin that was showing, a tint of pink brushing along the surface of their cheeks as well as evidence. "Cab should be here soon, I promise." And Naeun keeps that promise, swaying from one side to the next absentmindedly to let time pass by faster.

 ✄ - - - 
 

"Sehun, hurry up!"

 

Fingers ruffle into the locks of his dyed hair, strands falling onto his forehead only to be blown to one side with a huff. Rushing over to the companion he was with this entire time. "Heard you the first time."

 

"Took forever, did you lose something along the way?" Baekhyun asked, brows furrowed in annoyance with his fingers tugging onto the handle of the car door to open it for himself to slide into the drivers seat. Fumbling with his keys to turn on the engine, awaiting for the younger male to follow soon after him.

 

And in this case, he lost someone. Not something.

 

"One second." He says simply. Ignoring the defeated groan coming from his friend as he ushers over to the two that were standing in front of the house, silently awaiting for their ride to come by.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter