Ravens

Privileged

I look up from my breakfast as the door opens. There's Onew and that little Taemin. I scowl as we lock eyes.

"You're late," I snarl as I duck my head back down to eat my pancakes and french toast. The dazzling sweetness makes me wonder how Jonghyun makes these masterpieces and s Key at the same time.

"It looks good," Taemin says in a baby voice. I look up confused until I see him talking to Yoogeun. He looks up as a maid sets a plate front of him.

"Eat up," she says cheerfully. He smiles.

"Thank you," he says softly as he starts eating. I withold the urge to mock him and gulp down a cup of expresso.

"Yummy!" Yoogeun says. I feel a corner of my heart light up at his cheerful voice. Is this what it's supposed to be like to be a father?

"I'm glad you like it," Taemin says, beating me to the line. His eyes shine as he helps Yoogeun cute his chocolate-chip waffles. I look down at my own mauled breafast, realizing that I've been stabbing it furiously. I growl and shove the mush into my mouth anyway, chewing fiercely.

"ing little ," I mutter through the gagging moutfuls. Onew chuckles from his seat next to me, eating his chicken and drinking his soda. I roll my eyes and finish off my plate.

"I'll take that," another maid says as she bends down, offering me a pleasurable view. I raise an eyebrow and smirk. She turns and I watch as she sways her hips and smirk.

"Onew, when's my next free hour?" I ask. He scoffs.

"You don't last that long, Minho," he taunts. I scolw and slap him lightly with the back of my hand. I hear a little shriek and I turn to see Yoogeun's eyes wide and fearful as he stares at me.

"W-why did Minho h-hit Onew?" he asks. Taemin glares at me.

"You're a parent now! You can't just go hitting people! It's bad for the baby to see," Taemin scolds. Yoogeun buries his face in that 's side, and I expect to see Taemin smile smugly. Instead, he just wraps his arms around my son's head and holds the boy close. I frown and turn away grumpily as I feel guilt creep across me. Too unfamiliar for my tastes...

"Minho, you have a meeting in about an hour," Onew says in his calm, flat tone. I scowl.

Alright, I'm going to leave," I say, looking at Taemin. "While I'm gone, no parties or wrecking my stuff or going into the rooms or-"

"I'm a grown man, Minho," he snarls. "I know how to behave, okay?"

"Sure you do," I scoff. I ignore his shouts and turn away coldly, steeling myself to face some of the richest men I know.

Besides myself, of course.

 

"Why is he such a jerk?" I ask, exasperated. I flop onto the bed as Onew thumbs through my clothes, checking off each outfit on a clipboard.

"He's not so bad once you get to know him," Onew says with a slight chuckle. I scoff and turn over onto my stomach.

"I don't want to know him. I wish I didn't know him," I snarl into the blanket. They're fresh and warm. I cringe at the thought of the maid that had to wash them. I prop my chin onto the sheets and look out of the window. Onew comes over and lays down next to me. I flick my eyes over in his direction before looking away again.

"I'm free today. Do you want to take Yoogeun and get out of this place?" Onew asks. I nod enthusiastically and shoot up in the bed.

"When can we go?" I ask. Onew looks at the ceiling.

"Right now, if you want," he says. He looks back at me with a smile. "Do you want me to get Yoogeun?" I shake my head.

"No, I'll do it," I say hurriedly. I shoot out of bed and sprint out of the room. I've memorized the route to Yoogeun's room in my head, and I make it a point to get there fast.

"Appa!" Yoogeun exclaims enthusiastically, He jumps into my open arms and I twirl him around.

"Hey! We're going out with Onew today!" I say happily. He smiles broadly.

"Is that damn bastard coming?" he asks. I chuckle and clear my throat.

"Yoogeun, you can't call him that," I say. I tickle him and he nods, giggling.

"Okay," he squeals. I walk back to my room to find Onew waiting. He smiles kindly at Yoogeun and takes my free arm.

"Shall we?" he asks courteously. I smile and nod and he leads us to the door. He opens the car door for me and I slide in. He gets into the driver's seat and puts the vehicle into gear. "Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere is fine," I say as I buckle Yoogeun in. Onew smiles into the rear-view mirror and nods.

"Does the movies sound okay to you?" he asks. Yoogeun bounces up and down in his seat.

"I want to go!" he announces. I grin and nod. Onew starts driving and I admire the scenic view outside.

"We've never been to the movies," I say softly. Onew nods and hums. It's not sympathetic, but it's soft and comforting. Understanding.

"I see. Then this will be a good memory for you," he says joyfully. I nod.

"Neh..."

"MOVIES!" Yoogeun cheers. Onew and I lock eyes in the rear-view mirror and burst out laughing. The car seems to warm up between us, and for the first time since coming to this mansion, I feel safe and comfortable.

 

I bite back a grumble as the old bastard in the front talks and talks about stocks and trade and all that . I let my head lull over the shoulder of the chair, looking out of the window at the highway below.

"...and if the divisions continue on this..." The words just go over my head as I lose focus. My hair feels too tight in the rubber band I've strapped them in. I shake my head a little and notice how my little ponytail hits the back of my neck. I take it out and fluff it a little before strapping it back in.

"Hey, Minho, isn't that your friend?" Junhyung whispers from next to my, pointing to the window. My eyebrows fly open and I turn to see Onew and Yoogeun and...

"That !" I yell. The room grows quiet as I grab my coat.

"Choi Minho, what are you doing?" the fatass in the front asks, miffed at having his presentation interrupted. I sigh and stop by the board, grabbing a pen from the cup on the desk. Calculating quickly, I draw a line on the graph connecting his annual to what it will be in two years.

"Happy now?" I grumble. I slam my card on the table. "If it doesn't work out, call me." I head out of the door, but I back track. "Don't invest in Stocktime. I had a dinner with the CEO and they're going bankrupt."

"What do you-"

"Shut the up and bye," I say with mock cheer as I rush out of the room. I hear protests behind me, but I'm past caring. I swerve right into the stair and hop down two steps at a time, desperate to smack Onew for taking my son out with that Taemin.

"Goodbye, Mr. Choi," the door man says nonchalntly as I streak through the lobby. I pounce on Onew just as he comes into view.

"Minho!" he exclaims as he yanks himself from my grasp. He straightens his jacket and fixes his hair while I take deep, angry breaths.

"What were you thinking, bringing them out here!?" I shout. Onew cringes.

"They were getting bored in the house," he mumbles. I groan and slam my palm onto my forehead.

"The same house that you left unattended?" I yell out. I stuff my hands into my pockets to keep from hitting anyone. Taemin crosses his arms and step up to face me.

"I think Key can hold down the fort for a while. Better than you could, anyway," he snarls. I open my mouth to protest but Onew claps his hands loudly. Everyone jumps a little and he glares us all down. I hate it when he goes all "commando" on me. Then he actually starts making sense.

"Let's get back to the house, okay? Then we can talk about what to do," he says matter-of-factly. I roll my eyes, not wanting to go back tot eh house of crazy.

"Forget it. I'm getting a drink," I snarl. I feel a hand on my pant leg and look down.

"I come too?" Yoogeun asks. I chuckle in spite of myself.

"Not that kind of drink," I say gently as I bend down and pry him away. Taemin gasps behind me.

"Wait, you're going to a bar!?" he asks frantically. I glare at him as I straighten up.

"Yeah? So?" I challenge, jutting my chin out. He narrows his eyes.

"You're setting a bad example for Yoogeun," he snarls. I smile mockingly and pat Taemin's cheek with a few light slaps.

"Then why don't you fix it?" I growl with a toothy smirk. Taemin pushes me away.

"Fine. Go get drunk, but if you crash into a telephone post, don't come crying to me!" he shouts. I scoff.

"I'll call you, then," I retort before turning away. Damn, I need a drink.

 

A/N - Minho, why you such a bad daddy?

More to come, COMMENTS ARE LOVE!