Bindings

Privileged

"Is this your son?" a voice asks. I look up from my silver plate of small pieces of toast and weird jam-like substances. There's one of Minho's friends holding Yoogeun. It was the delicate one that had called him "precious."

"Yes," I say slowly, looking around for a place to put my dish. The man laughs.

"Just put it anywhere. No one will steal it," the man says. I nod and put it on a table next to me, taking a moment to admire its careful stitching.

"So what's your name?" I ask the man.

"Jaejoong," the man says, holding out his hand. I shake it with a smile and take Yoogeun from his arms.

"I'm-"

"Lee Taemin, I know," he says. He looks me up and down and smiles, amused. "You don't look like the type to run away."

"Oh, I did," I snarl as I put Yoogeun down. "Go play," I whisper to my son.

"Oh, let me take him to Yuhno! He loves kids!" Jaejoong offers. I raise an eyebrow.

"Who's Yuhno?" I ask. Jaejoong scoops Yoogeun up.

"He's my boyfriend," Jaejoong says nonchalantly. We approach a man that looks like he could tear an elephant limb from limb, and to my surprise Jaejoong kisses his jaw.

"Baby, could you hold this kid for me?" Jaejoong asks. I shuffle my feet uneasily, not sure if handing my baby to the Asian Hulk is such a good idea. Yunho smiles and takes Yoogeun happily.

"Big man!" Yoogeun says happily, hitting Yuhno's face. I chuckle and watch as Yunho and Yoogeun exchange fist pumps.

"Come on, let's go," Jaejoong says, dragging me away.

"Where?" I ask, almost frantic. Jaejoong laughs.

"To introduce you around. Duh!" he says, enthusiastic. I nod compliantly, throwing one last look over my shoulder. Yuhno and Yoogeun seem pretty safe, so I follow Jaejoong with a pit in my stomach.

"Who's here, anyway?" I ask curiously, my eyes falling on people that look like supermodels and others that look like they need walkers.

"A bunch of people you don't want to piss off," Jaejoong says cheerfully. He turns to face me and points to his own face. "Like me, for example. Yuhno and I run Yamakoto."

"Isn't that the super rich car company that took number one in the stocks last year?" I ask, my jaw dropping.

"Yep," he says cheerfully. "My Yuhno-bear is a little business genius."

"But not as good as Minho," a light, airy voice says from a few feet away. I turn to see a young lady with the S-line of a model. She's holding a bright red drink with a lemon wedge, beckoning to us to join her and her two equally model-like friends.

"Hi Yoona," Jaejoong greet happily, dragging me over. He snatches a glass from a passing try and shoves it into my hand. I grip it tightly, but remembering my last disaterous meeting with alocohol, I don't drink it.

"He's so cute!" Yoona squeals as I approach. I feel my cheeks growing hot. "You're Taemin, right?"

"Y-yeah," I stammer.

"I'm Jessica," a girl with bleached golden hair says with a radiant smile.

"My name's Taeyeon," another girl says with charasmatic flip of her soft black hair. Jaejoong laughs.

"Have fun, okay?" he says to me, putting a warm hand on my shoulder and flashing me an encouraging smile.

"So, you live with Minho, huh?" Yoona asks after Jaejoong's melted into the crowd. I watch her sipping her drink. I nod shyly.

"Have you ed him yet?" Jessica asks.

"N-"

"Of course not!" Taeyeon interjects. She shoots me a smirk. "Minho's not into fags."

"Excuse me?" I ask, shocked. The girls giggle.

"I'm just saying that he'd never waste time with you," Taeyeon says with an nonchalant sip of her drink. My eyes widen.

"You're not his type," Yoona says. "Even if you look like it."

"And what is his type?" I ask, folding my arms.

"The type that doesn't spill their drink on the floor," Jessica giggles. I notice my fumble and straighten my glass with red cheeks.

"And the type that has some class," Yoona adds.

"And more than a dime in their pocket," Taeyeon sneers.

"I don't even think this scrawny kid would satisfy Minho. He likes curves," Yoona says, running a hand over her svelte body.

"Plus, he likes it rough," Jessica giggles, sipping a little more. "I doubt you even know how to do it like he wants."

"Like he would actually want this little shrimp," Taeyeon scoffs. She flashes me a glare before finishing off her glass. She hands it to a passing waiter and takes a bubbling champange.

"Do you even know how to make a man moan your name like I can?" Yoona asks, turning to me with a cynically mocking expression that makes me want to punch her. I open my mouth to fire back a stinging retort when the worst possible diversion stops me.

"Hello ladies," Minho greets as he approaches.

"Oppa!" Yoona greets sweetly. Minho chuckles and I turn to see him walk up next to me.

"Give me your drink, Minnie," he coos. It takes a minute for me to realize that he's talking to me.

"Um... Sure," I say. His fingers intentionally brush mine as I hand him the glass and I narrow my eyes. He just smirks and turns.

"Are you treating my little friend well?" he asks. Taeyoon, Yoona, and Jessica all nod in unison.

"Very well," they chorus. Minho turns to me.

"Is that true?" he asks. I grit my teeth and open my mouth to tell him what had been happening, but Yoona cuts me off.

"He's a bit tipsy. I think you should take him home," she says with a fake worried face. I open my mouth to protest, but I realise that the half-empty glass isn't really evidence supporting me. Minho chuckles.

"I wasn't aware you were drinking," he says, amused. "Come on," he invites, beckoning to me. I follow him blindly, glad to be rid of those es.

"Bye oppa!" they call out cutely.

"How many of them have you slept with?" I ask as soon as we're out of eatshot. Minho smirks and heads for the food table, picking up a cracker with some grey mush on it.

"All of them," he says. He takes a bite and hums approvingly. I roll my eyes.

"Why don't I doubt that?" I scoff. He turns to me and his eyes flicker to the center of the room and he puts on a fake smile.

"Say ah," he orders. I look and see someone approaching. I grit my teeth, remembering that I have to pretend. My stomach churns as I close my eyes. I feel the food touch my tongue and I bite down. I chew and open my eyes to see Minho's pleased face.

"Minho!" an aging man says with enthusiasm.

"Hello, Soo Man-seongbang," Minho says respectfully. I raise an eyebrow. This must be some important guy for Minho to be... well... bearable.

"Minho, how many times do I have to tell you? In public, you call me uncle," the man says kindly. Minho laughs almost nervously, nodding in compliance. Soo Man's eyes crinkle up in a smile as he pats Minho's back. His eyes turn to me, critical but still lukewarm, as if cautiously giving me a chance.

"Uncle Soo Man, this is Lee Taemin," Minho introduces hastily. I smile and shake the hand presented to me, surprised at how warm it is.

"I've heard a great deal about you," Soo Man says, pleased. I try not to roll my eyes.

"Yes, well, Minho tends to-"

"Not from Minho. From Onew," Soo Man corrects me. My eyes widen.

"R-really?" I ask, surprised. "What did he say?"

"Only the best things," Soo Man chuckles. I feel my cheeks turn a deep red as Soo Man turns back to Minho. "And where's this famous son I've been hearing about?"

"Um... That..." Minho says nervously. That's right. Yoogeun's with Yuhno.

"Appa!" Or not.

"Yoogeun?" I ask, turning eagerly. I scoop Yoogeun up enthusiastically. "What are you doing here?"

"He's been insisting to be with his 'appa' since the second you left," Yuhno chuckles as he approaches. I give him an appreciateive smile.

"Minho!" Yoogeun calls, waving from my hold. I force my smile to remain. Minho makes a face and waves back. It's almost... cute.

"Hi kiddo," he squeals happily. I bite back my scowl as Soo Man leans forward to inspect my son.

"He looks intelligent," the man observes with a smile.

"Ajusshi!" Yoogeun squeals. He pats Soo Man's face gently, his palm coming in contact with the nose and forehead. There's a stunned silence at my son's bold actions. Even I begin to get scared when Soo Man's eyes widen. Then his face splits into a smile.

"He's bold," Soo Man says. Minho begins stammering uncontrollably, but he's calmed by Soo Man's hand on his shoulder. "It good. He'll have no problems in life if he can stand up for himself."

"Th-thank you,' Minho says slowly, as if the praise is something uncomprehensible.

"I have to go greet the other guests, but it was nice meeting all of you," Soo Man says with a nod in our direction. "Especially you two. I'm expecting great things from the both of you," he says with a twinkle in his eye. He departs, leaving Minho, Yoogeun, Yuhno, and me all in a daze.

"Who was that?" I ask finally. I look over at Minho, who's staring after the man with- what? Admiration? Respect?

"He's my mentor, you could say," Minho says quietly. My eyes widen as I realize that he doesn't just repect Soo Man. He reveres the man.

"I see," I say softly, not willing to disrupt Minho's moment. For that second, he almost looks... wonderful.

"A-anyway," he says finally. He pauses, at a loss for what to say, until he sees Yoogeun. "Come here, kiddo," he calls. I place Yoogeun on the floor and Minho scoops him up enthusiastically.

"Who was that ajusshi?" Yoogeun asks, toying with Minho's hair. Minho gives him a smile.

"I'll tell you when you're older, neh?" Minho asks. Yoogeun nods happily.

"Is that your son?" an all-too-hated voce asks. Jessica approaches with her drink still clutched between long, painted nails.

"He's so cute!" Yoona adds.

"How precious," Taeyeon coos. They crowd around Minho, their bodies pressing to his in the most disgusting way. I wince as they keep poking Yoogeun's cheek, telling him to smile.

"Is Yoogeun thirsty?" Jessica asks. Yoogeun shakes his head and hides his face in Minho's hair, but that just won't give up. She lifts her glass to Yoogeun's face, practically shoving it past my son's lips. I stiffen. No. She's is NOT getting Yoogeun to drink! I step forward to slap her, but Minho beats me to it.

"What do you think you're doing?" he exclaims, stepping back rapidly. I freeze at the fury in his eyes.

"But Minho, I was just giving him a little sip," Jessica says with a glossy pout.

"Don't you dare-" I can tell that Minho's about to spit out some horrible word, but he's caught by Yuhno.

"Jessica, children shouldn't have alcohol. Even you should know that much," the taller man says sternly. "And MInho, I think it's time you went home." He says the last part firmly, flashing something akin to a glare into Minho's face. Minho scowls but backs off. I follow him helplessly, only looking back once to see Yuhno straighten his jacket nonchalantly.

"Minho, should I call Onew?" I ask, fear suddenly washing over me at Minho's sullen eyes that are fixated on the floor.

"No need," he grunts. He hands me Yoogeun, who buries his face in my hair, whimpering silently. I watch Minho carefully as he pulls a pager from his pocket and presses a button. I see the screen light up before he stuffs it back into his pocket. He and I stand there awkwardly, each looking at the other discreetly. I watch him out of the corner of my eye, his fury forcing the shell around him to crumble. I can see him underneath, wonderful and perfect. Is that really him? Is that wonderful person really just trapped underneath? I take a shaky, uncertain breath before I speak.

"That was very responsible, what you did back there," I say softly, feeling that he deserves some praise. Minho scoffs.

"What? Don't I get a cookie?" he asks sarcastically, his eyes lighting up with something close to disgust. I feel myself flare up until I hear Yoogeun whimper again. I force my anger down my throat bitterly.

"I just think it was good of you to stop Jessica from giving Yoogeun wine," I snarl under my breath. I really want to see him in a different light, but why is he being so damn difficult? Especially now, as he smirks up at me.

"That was some pretty bad wine. She should've at least given him some quality booze," he says, tilting his head arrogantly to one side. I resist the urge to slap.

"You're a jerk," I hiss, unable to come up with a better retort.

"Thank you," he returns. I hear a beep and he pulls out the pager. "And with that, our ride is here."

"Good," I mutter, turning towards the door. I don't want to see his face. What happened to that wonderful Minho that was just right there? I sigh. Why does he have to disappear?

 

"Rough night?" Onew finally asks as Taemin huffs down the hall, cradling Yoogeun in his arms. I stare after him, the way his body bends slightly over Yoogeuns as if he's protecting the boy. I find myself wondering about the warmth that undoubtly must radiates from his skin. Has it always been that fair...?

Damn, I drank too much, I think bitterly. I shake my muddled head and storm off to my office. I slump into my chair, rubbing my temples.

"Good night Minho," Taemin calls from the hall, but his voice is bitter and angry.

" off," I mutter, turning to the window. I observe the garden outside, noticing the light from the moon that bounces off of the glossy leaves.

"Rough night?" Onew asks again as he walks into the room. I turn at the sound of his comforting voice and nod.

"It was bad," I confirm, leaning on my desk. I run my hands over my forehead, trying to forget about my horrible past hours.

"So, I heard you played hero and rescued Yoogeun from that Taeyeon girl," Onew says, sitting across the desk and folding his arms.

"Jessica," I correct. "The screamer you kept complaining about, remember?"

"Ah yes. I'm glad you dumped her quick," Onew chuckles. I can't help but laugh too.

"We weren't together except when we were under the sheets," I point out, leaning my temple on my wrists. Onew's eyes light up and he leans forward.

"You know, Taemin was really impressed by what you did," he murmurs. I sigh and groan, resting my forehead on the cold, smooth wood.

"Not caring," I say, my eyes fixed on the floor.

"You keep saying that, but you know you're in love with him," Onew says. I can practically hear the smirk in his voice and the chair squeaks in protest as he leans back on it.

"I'm not," I say in an annoyed, sing-song tune. I look up and glare at him, too tired to do much more. He leans forward and smiles at me deviously.

"Prove it then. Sleep with him and wake up and try to keep denying it," he challenges.

"He hates me. Why would he ever sleep with me?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Fine. We'll make a deal," Onew smirks. I perk up. I like deals.

"Really now?" I ask, intrigued.

"We have a race to see who can sleep with him first," he says. My jaw drops as I sit up.

"You want to sleep with him too?" I ask. That was... new. Slightly infuriating as well.

"Hey, what can I say?" Onew asks, shrugging as he sits up in his seat. "Terms: He has to sleep with us willingly. That means that he has to actually like us when we're sleeping with him, so you can't just pay him off. We can't tell him about this competition, and we can't use Yoogeun. Neither of us can withdraw, and the first one to win gets a reward."

"What type?" I ask, a small smile playing at my lips. I like rewards even more.

"If I win, you buy me chicken for the rest of our lives," he says.

"Fair enough," I laugh. I grab my pen and start jotting it down.

"If you win..." He pauses, musing at what I might like.

"If I win, you never say that I'm in love with Taemin," I say with a grin, "and you never demand chicken again."

"You get two rewards?" Onew asks, pouting. "Not fair. I get two too," he demands.

"Sure," I say, waving a hand to invite him to proceed.

"If I win, you also have to admit that you love Taemin," Onew says. I laugh loudly at how ridiculous he sounds.

"Fine," I say as I calm down. I write it on the paper and we both sign it. We shake hands. and he stretches forward, leaning on my desk with his hand still firmly grasping mine.

"Let the games begin," he growls playfully before relinquishing his hold and walking off. I chuckle as I sit down. Does he honestly think he can get me to fall in love with Lee Taemin by just sleeping with him? As the biggest man- in Korea, I say bring it on.

Lee Taemin, I vow in my head, I will not fall in love with you.

 

A/N - Onew knows Minho the best~ ;)

So, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

And I'm sorry for disappearing, but school and ... And parents... Y'all know the drill, right?

But thank you my loyal subbies! T^T I love you all!

More to come, and COMMENTS ARE LOVE~