vacation

Another Dancing Vampire
“Oh, this is torture…”
 
Peeking forward from my notebook, I looked at Henry, who was now scratching the back of his head and ruffling his own hair in frustration. I silently chuckled at the sight of the poor student, quiet enough so our lecturer, Mrs. Han, wouldn’t hear. She was, after all, walking around just a few feet away from our seat. Everyone knew how much Henry hated Chemistry, and that he actually wanted to apply for the Music Department instead if it wasn’t for his mom’s constant nagging. “Calm down, Henry. You’ve just a few questions left to answer,” Zhoumi nudged his elbow with his own.
 
“Mr. Zhou and Mr. Lau, may I ask for your silence?” Mrs. Han whipped her pointer stick unto the boys’ desks ‒ its tip only inches away from Henry’s nose, sending icy chills down his spine. Henry and Zhoumi let out a small gasp of shock at the sight of the pointer stick. “Y-Y-Yes, Mrs. Han,” Henry stuttered in fright. Mrs. Han hummed in satisfaction before gently removing the stick from the boys’ desk; two sighs of relief soon pursued the action.
 
Mrs. Han was the only Chemistry lecturer here in Daewon. She’s a fine 45-year-old woman known for her strict rules and her liking for silence and serenity. Believe me ‒ she’d spend a whole day in a library if given the chance. And, oh, how the girls hated her strictness. They’d always cringe at the sight of the lecturer.
 
Soon after a period of time, the bells rang: a sign that we could finally go home. All of us handed our papers to Mrs. Han and waited for her to make her way towards the exit. As she walked down the aisle and inserted her things into her bag, all of our eyes were on her, a grin slowly appearing on our faces. She walked out… and closed the door with a click.
 
Henry got up from the chair and stood up on the table.
 
“SCHOOL’S OUT, EVERYBODY!!!”
 
And with that, everyone broke out into a celebration. They screamed and shouted in joy, got up from their seats and started chatting and throwing paper planes everywhere. I pulled out the hair band that was holding my ponytail still and I whipped my hair to and fro, rearranging my hair to its casual look. You might want to think of how Queen Elsa changes her bun into a braid. Except mine wasn’t as crazy.
 
Leeteuk got into chatting with the two Chinese boys while Naeun made her way out of the room. I reckon it was so she could meet up with her friends. I checked my watch and saw that it was time.
 
Time for what? You’ll find out soon.
 
So I packed up my stuff and swung my bag up to my shoulder. I excused myself from the boys and walked out of the room. As soon as I got out, I saw a huge number of students dancing and celebrating all the way down the corridor. My jaw dropped at the sight of the chaos. I swear this school was like a living replica of High School Musical 2. I had to squeeze my way out of the crowd, only to find a bigger one in the center courtyard. I heard people chanting names and screaming cheers for two friends of mine.
 
“OH SEHUN! OH SEHUN! OH SEHUN!”
 
“KIM JONGIN! KIM JONGIN! KIM JONGIN!”
 
I smiled and shook my head in disbelief as I slowly made my way into the crowd to get a better view. “Excuse me, pardon me, coming through!” I said loud enough for the people around me to hear. As I got to the front row of the crowd, I saw Sehun and Kai with their hip-hop clothes on, having a dance battle in the middle of the whole Daewon University campus. Sehun was great, but Kai wasn’t losing. After a few rounds of dancing and chanting, both dancers reconciled and that’s when Kai finally spotted me.
 
“Oh hey, babe!” Kai smiled and swung his arm around my shoulders. Sehun covered his mouth with his hand and it looked like as if he was mouthing “OMG”. “Here we go all over again,” he mumbled and let out a muffled chuckle. Kai and I walked past the crowd easily thanks, where Kai patted the younger’s back in process.
 
“Come on, you little brat. Let’s meet up with the hyungs,” Kai rolled his eyes as the three of us continued to walk down the halls and the corridors. I gave him a quizzical look; he furrowed his eyebrows in return. “What?”
 
“So this is how Daewon University celebrates the start of summer break?” I asked him as I raised an eyebrow at him. Kai chuckled as Sehun caught up with our pace and walked beside me. “The nearby citizens used to call us the Korean version of High School Musical and Glee, so… I guess it’s a ‘tradition’,” the youngest remarked, making finger-quotes in the air to make a point. Kai and I laughed as I smacked the cap he was wearing, making him laugh with us as he fixed his hair.
 
After God-knows-how-long, we finally met up with the rest of EXO-K in the front courtyard, chatting by the parking lot. Suho was leisurely sitting on his Ferrari while Baekhyun and Chanyeol were playing a game in their phones. D.O. was reading a book with one hand while his other hand was stuck inside his pocket.
 
“We’re here!” Sehun announced our arrival.
 
All four heads turned their attention to us. “Finally! It’s about time Romeo and Juliet to arrive on time,” Baekhyun pulled up another tease on Kai, which made the latter growl at the older as we walked past him. In return, I nudged my elbow on his waist and mouthed “Chillax.” to my mate.
 
“So, Wangbi…”
 
I averted my sight to Suho, who had his signature angelic smile plastered on his face. “Want to pay a visit to our house? It’s been a while since you last visited us, right?” he offered me. The rest of the boys nodded in agreement, plus Baekhyun’s puppy-eyes and Chanyeol’s additional aegyo (Oh, how I just love that word. Note the sarcasm.). “Is that why you asked me to meet up with you guys here?”
 
“Nah… That’s another story. We just missed you,” Kai nonchalantly answered. I gave him my poker face and punched his arm. “You just danced with me yesterday, Romeo,” I stuck out my tongue at him and Kai hung his head low and shook his head in disbelief. “Oh, not you too, babe.”
 
As Baekhyun started to snicker at the younger, I turned my attention back to Suho. “So what’s up? What happened?” I asked him. Suho glanced at D.O., who flicked his chin back to the leader, urging him to continue. Letting out a sigh, Suho hung his head down before raising it up again to look at me. “Actually, the M guys would like to talk to you about the, um… vacation for summer break,” Suho told me. I glanced at D.O. in suspicion, only to receive a nod in response.
 
“Hmm… Sounds serious for me… Alright, let’s go!” I smiled and EXO-K got into the Ferrari when I got into Kai’s McLaren. We drove side-by-side down the streets and into the house, where EXO-M were scattered around the house. Luhan was playing a 1-on-1 soccer game with Xiumin, and Tao was the referee of the game, while Lay was inside with Kris and Chen (trying out a new song, I suppose). As soon as they sensed our presence, they stopped all of their activities and welcomed us home with a warm smile.
 
“Oh! You’re back!” Lay looked up from his music sheets and bowed his head in respect, being a polite kid he was. “And Wangbi’s here as well!” Chen grinned as he waved at me. I smiled and returned his wave. “Hey, guys!”
 
After EXO-K entered the room, Xiumin, Luhan, and Tao entered the room behind us. As soon as Tao saw me, his jaw dropped. “Oh my God!!! Wangbi’s back!!!” he dashed towards me and bear-hugged me, swaying me from side to side.
 
“AHH! OH MY— TAO, PUT ME DOWN!!!” I shrieked as my feet were off of the ground. Apparently, Tao was too excited to even hear my pleadings. In the corner of my eye, I could see both of the coven leaders face-palming at the sight of the martial artist. Eventually, Kai glared at him.
 
“Tao, my mate is not a stuffed bear. Put – her – down.”
 
The mentioned person eventually stopped wiggling me and pouted as he settled me down to the ground. I was overwhelmed by how a scary, intimidating martial artist vampire could be such a child at heart. “Come on, Kai. I just wanted to play with her…” Tao sang cutely. In respond, Kai rolled his eyes and peeled me away from the earthbender’s embrace.
 
Soon, we found ourselves looking for a chair or a place to sit on so we could discuss about the ‘vacation’ trip. Eventually, EXO-K sat on the sofa and EXO-M sat on the dining chairs. D.O. had made each of us a cup of tea as we started the meeting. “Um… So, Wangbi, have you got any plans for the vacation in summer break?” Chanyeol decided to start the conversation since we were all stuck in an awkward silence.
 
I averted my gaze at my knees as I thought of the question. “Except for accepting Feng Ying’s offer to China, I’ve got nowhere else to go,” I recalled. The boys, minus Kai, knitted their eyebrows at the mention of the lady’s name. “Who’s Feng Ying? And… China?” Xiumin asked.
 
“You mean, Feng Ying, as in the famous Chinese ballerina?” Luhan suddenly blurted out. As I began to wonder how he knew of her, he told us that he saw her dance when he was little. “Isn’t her company in Beijing?” the waterbender asked again. “Yeah.”
 
“That’s great!” Chen exclaimed and clapped his hands as EXO’s expressions grew brighter. “You can stay in our house just like when you first met us!” he continued, exaggerating his actions in the sentence. I turned my head to EXO-K (or more specifically, Kai and Suho), who nodded in agreement. I wonder if this was all a plan of theirs.
 
I turned my gaze back to EXO-M. “Are you sure? I mean, I could check in for a hotel if you guys want me to,” I was beginning to feel like a burden again. “Oh, come on! What’s wrong with staying at your own friends’ house?” Chen asked me back. “And anyways, Luhan could get a chance in visiting his hometown again,” Kris added.
 
Then, after considering and planning out my schedules, I decided to join up with EXO-M to their house as I proceed with my schedules with Feng Ying. I contacted Feng Ying in the evening and she told me everything about where we’ll meet up. As they were leaving tomorrow, Kai drove me back home in the evening and helped me with packing.
 
“Wangbi…” he called.
 
Well, that was unusual. He would usually call me ‘babe’ or something similar to that. He would only call me by my name if something’s serious or when he’s annoyed. Nevertheless, I responded with a hum.
 
“Are you really thinking of leaving me behind?”
 
 

 

Hey, guys, I'm backkk! Sorry I haven't been updating... Internet connection's really got on my nerves. So yeah, did you enjoy the update? Please tell me what you think in the comments!

 

 

OT12 FOREVER! SARANGHAJA!!

 

Please COMMENT, subscribe, and upvote! I don't like silent readers~
Ciao~