Chapter 9. The Alliance

The White Feathers Of The Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9. The Alliance

 

“I don’t think I ever had this much work to do, ever,” Daesung complained, looking at the book in front of him as if it had personally offended him, “How do they expect me to read all this thing?” he murmured, flicking the pages of the book until it closed with a loud thud.

“I think this is quite exciting,” Seungri mumbled, his eyes focused on the open pages in front of him. He frowned slightly at what he was reading and moved to write something in his notebook. Daesung scowled at that. His friend had been doing that for four hours already.

“I just think learning all the parts of our wings and all the parts of a demon’s wings in one night is just crazy… I give up!” He said and stood up, stretching his wings and arms with a yawn.

Seungri shook his head disapprovingly without taking his eyes away from the books, “Yeah, but if I suggest we go out to the town to spend our day, you are going to mumble some excuse about studying hard for our classes…”

Daesung ears turned red at that, and he looked with hurt eyes at his friend. But before he could answer something back, there was a heavy knocking sound that came from somewhere inside the shelter, followed by screams. Everyone at the library raised their heads at that and stared at the closed wooden door that separated them from the commotion with confused frowns on their faces.

“What the hell is going on?” a demon not far away from them whispered and stood up walking close to the door.

The screams became louder and louder as if whatever was provoking the screams was approaching. Daesung took a step back and reached with his hand to Seungri’s arm.

“I think we should be mov…”

“RUN!” one Krevati appeared suddenly, opening the door harshly, her eyes looked frantically at everyone inside the library, “RUN AWAY FROM HERE! HIDE!” she shouted.

All hell broke loose at that precise moment.

People started screaming and running. One of the oldest demon students broke the windows of the library and people started climbing on the shattered glass to reach the outside. A couple of girls hid under their desks crying. Some Krevatis came inside the library with bloody wings and faces, trying to make the younger demons and angels move and run. The sounds of wings flapping coming from the outside made the angels and demons climb back from the broken windows seeking shelter from whatever was outside.

"They are outside! They are outside! They got Marie!" one female angel started screaming before something caught her up and pulled her back to the outside.

Seungri and Daesung exchanged looks. Daesung stood petrified, his limbs unable to move. Seungri, on the other hand, stood up harshly and pulled Daesung from the arm and forced him to run with him. Steps came from the entrance of the library, heavy and intimidating steps that rumbled through the walls. People ran faster erratically, angels and demons stumbled with each other. Seungri, in his attempt to find a place to hide from the danger, lost his grip on Daesung's hand and found himself in the middle of the chaos alone. He searched for his friend among the wings and the shadows running in all directions, but he couldn't spot his friend. People pushed him until he ended up being sharply shoved inside a cabinet by a blonde Krevati.

"Don't make a noise! Don't even breathe!" The Krevati told him, her eyes focused and scared before she closed the door and ran to help the young female angels hiding under their desks. Seungri followed her with his eyes, looking through the small peephole. His wings hurt of being confined in such a small place, but he forgot it all when he saw the demons. There were around five demons wearing leather vests and sporting fierce, red eyes, walking in the direction of the Krevati. She hadn't seen them, in her trying to persuade the girls to follow her.

The cracking sound was nauseating. One minute the Krevati was alive, the next one she was lying on the floor with her neck at an unnatural angle. One of the demons, the one with the long blonde hair, kicked her to one side and kneeled in front of the angel girls.

"Hello, pretty ones," she hissed with a twisted smile on her face. The girls recoiled and flattened their wings to the floor in fear. One of them even enveloped the both of them with her left wing in an attempt of protection. The demon laughed. A laugh that ruffled Seungri's feathers in discomfort.

"Oh look! They are scared!" she laughed and turned to look at her companions. The other demons smiled with her, showing up their fangs in the process. Without notice the desk over the angel girl's heads ignited on fire, engulfing the both angels in the flames. Shrieking sounds rumbled around... everyone stood silent. The chaos stopped at the crackling sounds of the flames.

The silence was only interrupted by more flapping of wings. The Alphas entered from the outside unannounced, one followed by the other. They tackled the demons, taking out long blades and sharp knives. Seungri was so awed by the fight taking place in front of him, that he didn't even notice the steps coming closer until his door pulled open and someone grabbed him from the wings and pulled him out.

"Hey Chaerin!" a female demon with a Mohawk shouted, "Look at this!" she said and pulled his wings higher, what made Seungri moan in pain. He kicked and tried to fight back, squirming out from her grip, only to be knocked out by the demon.

The next time he opened his eyes, the same female demon that had put the desk on fire was staring directly at him. Behind her, Seungri recognized the wings of Seunghyun fighting with another demon, behind him Daesung was trying to hide. He realized then. There were many Alphas as many demons fighting around... though no one seemed to be enough preoccupied to save him.

"Beautiful wings you got there," Chaerin chuckled, running a hand through his feathers. Seungri quietened his moan and looked back at her fiercely. He wouldn't give up that easily, "Beautiful," she said and pulled one of the feathers out. The pain was almost unbearable and Seungri feared to weaken.

"Leave m-me alone," he choked out, squirming and trying to free his wings from the tight grip but nothing changed. Chaerin chuckled and grabbed his chin, and slowly shook her head left to right.

"No. That won't do."

Seungri closed his eyes when she saw her lifting her hands. He knew he was about to be killed. He wasn't strong enough. He wasn't convincing enough. He wasn't intimidating enough. But nothing came except for a voice, steady and almost harsh.

"Chaerin. Take your hands away from him. He is mine."

Seungri opened his eyes at the sound of that voice and raised his head in shock. There he was. The same yellow eyes that had stared at him that night. The same deep voice that had comforted him back to sleep. Seungri couldn't look anywhere but at those eyes that felt so oddly reassuring.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Chaerin screamed and pushed the yellow-eyed demon's hand away from her shoulder, "Aren't you supposed to be fighting with Zion?"

"Esh ordered me back here. He heard about him," Jiyong pointed at Seungri with his head, "The white-winged angel. He wants me to bring the angel to him" he said with a hard and unreadable expression on his face.

Chaerin's wings flapped and raised, "He, what? That's not true! Why..."

"Because I'm his ing best soldier and you know that! Now, move!" Jiyong snarled at her, raising his imposing wings at her. His violent display made Seungri recoil back totally terrified.

Chaerin stepped back too but dared to snarl back at the demon, showing her fangs, "Whatever," she hissed and moved away. Not without sending one last hateful look at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter