Identity

Ride or Die

FLASHBACK

          “Jongin, you know me better than that! I would never do that to you!”

          “Honestly, I don’t know what’s true and what isn’t when it comes from you.”

I watched as her eyes became misty and her lips curled into a smirk. I wasn’t sure as to what I should do so I stood there trying to look dominant even though my heart was being ripped in half.

I couldn’t bare this silence anymore so I screamed the first thing I could think of.

          “I would feel so much better if you would just drop dead!”

The next few moments happened so fast that I still, to this day, have little understanding as to what took place in that dark alley.

All I remember was watching her body slowly drop to the ground and as I extended my hand out to reach for her, everything went white.

Not black, but white.

When I opened my eyes she was on top of me crying, screaming inaudible words. The thing that scared me the most was the unloaded gun next to me. I wondered where the bullets were until some liquid was felt in my left hand.

There it was. The bullet.

Then it went white again.

When I woke up, I was sitting in an office chair being told my training started soon.

FLASHBACK ENDS

          “So Mr. C, what do you need me to do?”

          “Well, Kai, you see, we have a very … how do I say this …Daring mission, for you.”

Confusion ran through my body. How daring could this mission be for Mr. C to feel uncertain giving it to me? I mean, I’ve done plenty of assassinations already. I’ve kept people quiet without much of a fuss and I’ve even taken out some of the biggest stars with their autopsies resulting in “drug overdoses” or “accidents”.

          “You remember how you came here, right Kai?”

          “God, C, I thought we’ve been over this. I remember absolutely nothing and I hate how it happened.”

          “Well, I don’t want to scare you, but I mustn’t hide the truth from you either. If you remember anything, and I mean ANYTHING AT ALL that you haven’t told us, speak now and your punishment will be at the utter minimum. Okay?”

No, Kai. Don’t do it. Don’t do it.

Hi there. I’m Kai and I’m an agent for the American government. I don’t know how I got here or why I’m here, but I went along with it because I didn’t want to be hurt or end up half dead in some ally way for defying my boss. Right now I’m talking to my boss and well…he’s trying to get as much information as he can, but you see, I’ve told him everything I possibly, with the exception of her.

I don’t know who “her” is, but I know that she means something to me. Or at least she did. The only thing I remember is a conversation between me and her and then I ended up here. I’ve made it my goal to find her, but not yet.

Soon, but not yet.

          “Mr. C, you know everything already so there is no reason to continue prying into nothing.”

He looked deeply into my eyes, and then sighed.

          “I guess it’s safe to say that there is nothing to worry about. Okay, here is your next target: Gong Minji.”

I’ve learned to keep my emotions to myself, but this was too much. Thankfully, a phone call distracted Mr. C from me.

Gong Minji.

I swear I know that name. I don’t know how but I do. I took the file and proceeded to the door.

Halfway through the door, Mr. C called out, “Kai! Just a reminder. It takes more power to think about pulling the trigger-

“Then it takes to actually do it. Bye, Mr. C.”

 

Author's Note:

OMFG MY 2ND CHAPTER IS SOOOO SOOO DIFFERENT THEN I EVER THOUGHT … Like, idek where this "forgetting his identity" came from o.0

It just happened .. AIGGOO .. WELL thanks and I hope you subscribe, upvotine, and read my story ! *o*

♥ Bi, lovlies ♥