Lost Loves

Ride or Die

            “Do you know what time it is?! I told you 6 o’clock sharp, yet you have the audacity to show up 3 hours late!”

I batted my eyes and put on my puppy dog face.

            “I’m sorry, YG, but I swear I have a completely valid excuse for coming late!”

He stared intently, as though he could see my soul. The sound of his fingers tapping was all you could here in his enormous office. It was about the same size as an apartment. Luxuries found everywhere and the word wealth was practically written all over this room.

The only time you were called into Boss’ lair was to be fired, fired, fired, given a top secret mission, or scolded. Oh, did I mention fired? Considering tardiness was the worst I had done this week, I expected to be scolded and sent to “low-class” training. It was the worst punishment an agent could receive. You go to a large room filled with annoying trainees trying to be the next big agent. You have to work there for a month helping them with tests from physical, oral, down to written. I’d rather be fired then go through that Hell of a place.

His silence confirmed that he wanted to hear an answer and he wanted it now. The thing is … I don’t have an excuse, as usual.

            “Well … what happened was … A DEER! Yeahhh, a deer. So I was driving to work and out of nowhere this deer comes flying towards my car and breaks my windshield. Since the poor thing was hurt, I had to take it to the vet. On my way there, I saw……. A MIDGET! Uh-huh! I saw a midget! And he was homeless and he wanted to fetch this thin-“

He stopped me from continuing my next sentence.

            “Jus-Just stop, Minji, please. I have a big enough migraine with the big political homicide case but on top of that, I have to deal with a late agent who just so happens to be our number one source of information and our only plan to a brand new case that should have been discussed 3 hours prior from now.”

My scolding was quickly forgotten at the mention of a new case. My eyes beamed with joy, excited for my next big case.

Oh, hai! I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Minji, Gong Minji. I am South Korea’s #1 agent, responsible for all cases dealing with people who need to be … erased. I follow in the footsteps of my dad, Kim Jong-kook.  He’s always putting me through weird strength trainings and we always play around.

Sadly, he’s never ranked higher than me. He has always been 2nd place because of his arch nemesis and eldest child, Choi Seung-hyun. Yup, my brother ranked higher than my dad when he was in the field, but soon dropped out to pursue a different career. One of more attention and fame. He became an idol.

Being the #1 agent in all of South Korea, I was expected to take on any case no matter who, what, where, or when. I believed that no case was ever too hard for me, but all of that changed in a matter of seconds.

            “Boss, I can handle anything you throw at me and you know that!”

I was irritated by his reluctance of handing this case over to me.

            “Minji. This will be one of the most difficult cases you’ve ever had before. And I must remind you that once I hand you this file, no matter how shocking the content, you must remember that this is work. Past feelings or current feelings are nonexistent. I’m sorry to say that your next target is … Kim Jongin.

I felt the world being dropped on my shoulders. I was just given instructions to kill my high school sweetheart. I wasn’t sure how to react. Revengeful or miserable? I decided for myself. Revengeful. That Kim Jongin broke me in half and walked away so easily. His pathetic self even tried to put the blame on me for his flaws. I guess this is just some really harsh karma coming back to bite him.

I walked out of the office, file in hand, determined to accomplish my mission  ... no matter whom or what is to be erased.

Kim Jongin

If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open because Minzy is coming to town.

 Sadly, I didn’t realize that my opponent in this deadly game of love would have the same orders and the same thoughts as I. I should give you some advice, though. Never underestimate your enemy until you have all the facts, because that children will get you hurt more then you ever thought you could.

At that same moment on the other side of the world, Kim Jongin was getting into his sleek, black lamborghini with a file rested neatly on the passenger’s seat.

Gong Minji

You'd better watch that pretty, little back of yours because Kai is coming your way.

 

 

Author's Note:

Hello, lovlies ! First chapter of my first fic ... shouldn't that be good luck? ..Ehh, wtf am I talking about I always have bad luck. Since summer is upon me, I decided to take on this story and it's surprisingly okay. Well, whatevs, look at me rambling on when you probably already stopped reading. That's okay, hope you like this chapter .. bi lovlies ♥