Lee Sungyeol and Kim Eunjae

January
This is the very first time that Eunjae feels 2 hours and 30 minutes feel like forever. She will glance at the cuckoo clock every 2 minutes and clicks her tounge because mister time-manager is just so slow, why can't he run? Sometimes she thinks that she's stupid for thinking that mister time-manager is real but duh, who cares anyway? 

"Jae, I swear you're gonna be the first person ever who clean the same place for over 20 minutes and I wonder what kind of dirt you are trying to remove. I bet if the table can talk, its gonna scream out loud for being rubbed roughly by you."

"Hyuna unnie, you think the watch stop moving? I mean the needles aren't even moving!"

"Seriously, Jae.. You kinda make me regret to let him met you."

"Unnie, where's the ladder?"

"In the back storage room, wae?"

"Okay, I'm gonna check on the cuckoo clock, maybe its just broken."

Hyuna rolls her eyes, leaving the younger muttering all by herself. Eunjae walks back and fro in the cafe. This time, she's holding a mop. Mopping the floor until the floor looks so clean as if flies can even slip on it.  

Sungyeol is tapping on his table impatiently as he glances at the huge clock hanging on his office wall. Never in his life, he ever feels time passes so slow, ever since he was born, he always thinks that time flies so fast and he wishes that a week has more than seven days in it. He sighs as he ruffles his brown hair. 

"Hyung, I mean, Director, what's weighing on your mind?"

"Oh, Jong, nothing. Do I have any other appoitments today?"

"No, Sir. You just need to sign some documents."

"Okay, you may go home early today. I don't feel good, I'll take care of the documents tomorrow." 

Sungjong bows and leaves Sungyeol's office. This is the first time he ever sees his boss is so unsettled. He has been assissting Sungyeol since he was a kid, but he has never seen Sungyeol is so unsettled, even when the time his business was on the peak of collapsing, Sungyeol was still calm. Sungjong cleans his desk, preparing to go home when Sungyeol calls him. 

"Sir?"

"What do you think? Should I go to salon first? What about my clothes? Is it wrinkled? SHould I go home first and take a quick bath? I smell awful, don't you think so?"

"Um, excuse me, Sir? What do you mean?"

Sungyeol looks at Sungjong with his unsettle face and Sungjong realizes what hits Sungyeol, can it be girl problems? This is...new. Sungjong smiles secretly and fixes Sungyeol's shirt. 

"Are you going on a date, by the way?"

"Oh, shut up, Jong." 

Sungyeol has been looking at his own reflection for more than 15 minutes and has not moved an inch from his spot. The alarm ringing from his phone startles him and he hurriedly grabs his phone and runs for his life to his car. 

Oh, shoot! Why would he run? Now his hair is all messed up again. He restyled his hair while looking at the car rear mirror. Once he thinks he looks alright, he steps on the gas pedal to the café he loves so much (or I should say to pick up the angel he longs to meet).

Eunjae is standing in front of the half-body length mirror, combing her silky brown hair over and over again. 

"Oh c'mon, Jae. You look fine! Stop staring at your own reflection for too long, the mirror might breaks because of your stare."

"Unnie, looking just fine is not enough! I need to look fabulous today! I mean, my prince is finally noticing my existence!"

"Stop being so over dramatic and get moving!"

"Give me a minute, unnie."

"You've been saying that for more than 20 times which means its over 20 minutes since you are standing there! Get going, or he'll think you avoid him and he'll go home withoit seeing you!"

"Omo!!!"

Eunjae grabs her bag and runs outside to see a white porsche parked in front of the café with the most amazing creature standing beside it. The scene in front of her took her breath away. 

Sungyeol is standing in front of his car, fidgeting with his finhers as he waits for Eunjae. This may sounds stupid but Sungyeol can't help but gasps in awe when he sees Eunjae without her apron. She looks... cute?

"Um... hello? Did you wait for long?"

"No. I just came. Yeah, I didn't wait at all. So, let's go?"

Sungyeol opens the passenger door for Eunjae and she can't stop blushing from the gentle treatment from Sungyeol. She gets all embarrassed from all the treatments she received,  this is the first time she ever feels she belongs to the world.  Sungyeol runs to the driver's seat after closing the passenger door. 

"So.. where should we go?"

"Um.. I don't mind the place as long as you- I mean, its up to you."

"Hm, so.. should we grab dinner?"

Eunjae nods her head like a child as Sungyeol starts the car. They fall silence, as they don't know what subject they should bring up to converse with the others. But somehow, the silence between them feels comfortable, as if they are meant to be together even without exchanging words. Sungyeol sometimes catches some glances from Eunjae and vice versa.  

Sungyeol parks his car in the car park of Paradise restaurant and quickly runs to open the passenger door for Eunjae. If people can die from being embarrassed, Eunjae is now dying for the nth times already. 

"A table for two please."

"Right this way, Sir."

Sungyeol pulls the chair for Eunjae and goes to his own seat. He stares blankly at the menu book that he holds as he steals glances at the thinking Eunjae. He memorizes almost every foods served there anyway. 

Eunjae reads dreamingly at the menu she has, trying to pronounce the words she reads in the menu. That was all alien's language for her. Something like L'entrée and all the weird written words. She finally comes back to earth when the most gorgeous cough she ever heard startles her. 

"So, what do you want order? Just order anything you want."

Sungyeol snaps his finger and the waitress comes to take his order. 

"I would like to have one Les Plats Principaux​."

"I'll take the same!"

Eunjae smiles awkwardly at the prince figure in front of her. Who would have imagined such a y guy invited her to dine together? Eunjae and Sungyeol steal glances at each other as they wait for their orders. This tine the silence is killing, none of them wants to start a coversation. When the waiter comes they sigh as if an angel just come to save them. 

Sungyeol and Eunjae eat their dinner silently, well more like Eunjae tries to copy Sungyeol how to eat that kind food, because honestly this is the very first time she eats something like that. The dinner looks very luxurious, and bet on it, Eunjae will never ever has the chance to eat it again.

Eunjae takes a few glances at the guy sitting in front of her, he eats his food just as graciously as how he walks, like really flawless. Eunjae watches as how he puts his food in his mouth and munches it, well not all guys eat their food as beautifully as he does. No, I think its wrong, shouldn’t it be he eats his food so cooly? Eunjae feels like she’s somehow watching a hot guy in a drama is eating right in front of her and he’s now wiping off some sauce on the sides of his lips. Even when he’s taking his napkin and wipes his mouth, Eunjae still feels like she’s witnessing something so very extraordinary.

“You don’t like the foods?”

Eunjae almost spits her food out when he’s suddenly talking to her, no, he’s actually asking her a question abour her actually.

“If you don’t like it, just order something else. I’ll call the waitress?”

“No no.. I mean, yeah, I pretty like. No. I mean I like the foods, really...”

“You sure? You seems like you spaced out a bit just now, I thought you don’t like the foods.”

Eunjae quickly jabs the meat in front of her and shoves it right to , well its really so not lady-like action. But, who cares anyway?

Sungyeol watches how the girl in front of him is eating her food rushly. Well, its really not like how the girls in his household eat their meal. The girls in his household will be like eating the meats in front of them as if they don’t like the meats and they’re gonna vomit if they eat too much of it. He secretly smiles to himself as he sees she eats cutely and messily. Sungyeol thinks he will never find this kind of scene again once he goes home, so he puts down his eating utensils andstares at the girl in front of him. A few seconds after he puts down his eating utensils, the girl stops eating abruptly and she sets down her eating utensils as well. Well, maybe its because she just ate so hastily that she leaves some sauces on the side of her lips. Unconsciously, Sungyeol takes his own napkin and reaches out his hand to wipe the sauce off.

Eunjae is taken bu surprise when her prince charming suddenly reaches his hand to her and wipes . She swears she can just die at that moment because of embarrassment and happiness. She can feels her face getting hot as he pulls back his hand.

“Er... umm.. thank you..”

“Well.. yeah.. your welcome?”

Both of the laugh nervously as they try to find a way to start a conversation with another party.

“So.. um.. your name is Kim Eunjae, right?”

“Er.. yeah.. Just Eunjae. I mean just call me Eunjae.”

“Yeah.. I’m Lee Sungyeol by the way.. You can just call me Sungyeol if you want.”

“Ng.. yeah, sure.. Sungyeol-nim..”

“Well.. no need to be so formal you know.. just Sungyeol is fine...”

“Er.. okay.. just Sungyeol....nim..”

“Hahaha.. really seriously.. just drop the ‘-nim’..”

“Sungyeol...nim...”

Sungyeol sighs and he accidentally touches the hot pot if front him, thus he abruptly pulls back his hand.

“Sungyeol! Are you okay?”

Eunjae stands up from her chair almost too hastily as she sees worriedly at Sungyeol. Sungyeol puts out both of his hands and smile childishly at the worried Eunjae.

“Fooled you.. The hot pot is no longer hot you know.. and you really can drops the ‘-nim’ by the way.”

Eunjae gaps as she looks at Sungyeol with disbelief eyes. Who knows the prince can make such a lame joke? Eunjae sits back with her face as red as tomatoes. Sungyeol can only laughs slowly at the silliness of Eunjae. But because of that too, they are starting to get closer and talks more.

Sungyeol takes Eunjae back to the apartment where she lives. If not because she lives her, I bet he will never ever once step his foot in that area. Eunjae smiles at Sungyeol as she gets out of his car, somehow she feels like Sungyeol is not someone out of her reach, someone who is impossible to notice her, somehow she feels like he’s no longer the actor she has always been hoping to meet, Sungyeol is just like any other guy that she can talks to normally.

Sungyeol watches Eunjae skips to her apartment building and he still can’t stop smiling at the scene he’s watching. Sungyeol shakes his head as he sees Eunjae trips over a small rock, somehow he feels like he’s no longer the block wall, he’s no longer the stone-faced man he has always been. Somehow it feels just so right for him to smile so freely and smile so wholeheartedly.

If this is love, people say love is painful and bitter. But if it’s not love, then what is it called?  And that’s how Lee Sungyeol and Kim Eunjae start one of many journeys of their life.

 

 


 

hello guys! second chapter is finally up!! ^^ 

its been like forever since I updated this fic.. I'm really sorry because I need to adapt with my new school life, so I don;t really have much time to update my stories.. I understand if many of you are starting to get lazy ready my stories and get sick of waiting my updates... I won't force you guys to wait for me like forever... I can only say I will try my best to update it as soon as I get the chance, but I can't promise you when... 

If you are leaving, I still thank you for supporting me, and I still love you for giving me what an author always wants, which is love, support and of course spirit... 

If you are staying with me after all these times, I love you guys even more! I will try my very best not to disappoint you, everyone~~ 

And like always, I wish you like this update and anticipating for more.... THANK YOU GUYS!! <3