Café in Love

January

Eunjae puts the last garbage bag outside the shop and wipes off her sweat. The weather is so hot since its summer. Being inside the air-conditioned shop is the best. She doesn't feel like going home. She gets back inside, enjoying the cool breeze of the AC hitting her body.

"Hey, Jae! Why are you still in the back room?"

"Oh! Mianhae, Hyuna unnie! Is it busy? Is it rush hour already?"

"How slow can you be, huh? Its 5 minutes to 2! Aren't you gonna serve your prince charming?"

Eunjae takes a quick glance at the watch; 13.55. Eunjae puts on her apron real quick and half runs to the front. She stops in the middle, fixing her messy appearance and heads to the front desk, joining Hyuna. After waiting for 1 minute and 22 seconds, the bell of the door rings, indicating there's a new customer. 

"Welcome to Shine Coffee Shop, customer!"

Eunjae inhales sharply as she sees the most charming creature (for her) is walking into the shop. The time she has been waiting for is coming. Yep, at exactly 2 o'clock in the afternoon is the moment that Eunjae's been expecting every time she comes to work. 

"Look! Your prince charming is coming! Go ahead and serve him, Jae!"

"Unnie! He's not my prince charming,  okay? He's just our regular customer! "

"Yeah.. yeah.. whatever you say girl ~"

Eunjae takes a deep breath and slides to the new customer's table side, holding tight her notepad. 

"May I take your order, dear customer?"

Eunjae flashes her best smile ever, saying in her mind 'a cup of black Americano coffee, please'. 

"A cup of black Americano coffee, please." 

Yep! Eunjae scribbles down the words quickly as she steals glances at the handsome guy sitting in front of her. Oh God, he nust be the most amazing guy ever exist in the whole universe! 

"Anything else?"

"No."

"A cup of black Americano coffe, coming right away!"

Eunjae turns back rather too quickly, stumbles on her roller skate shoes, giggles at her her own clumsiness and bows apologetically to the guy and slides back to the front desk with a stupid grin plastered on her face. 

Sungyeol watches the waitress as she disappears behind the front desk. His heart is filled with happiness when he sees her sweet smile as she serves him. Her name is... Kim Eunjae? Its been 2 months since he found this coffee shop and ever since he comes at his lunch time, he always have that Eunjae girl to serve a cup of coffee for him. 

In his whole 21 years life, never once he felt the warmth of being able to see someone's smile. Another reason why he always comes to the coffee shop aside from the good blended coffee is to see the waitress. Well, it might sounds ridiculous but what else can he say if that's the truth? Every time Eunjae is preparing his coffee, Sungyeol never stops grinning from ear to ear, anticipating of what clumsy actions she will do later on. The joy of watching her acts is enough to relieve his stress. Even though every time Eunjae does something clumsy his heart will stops beating for a second but the happiness of seeing her smiling face is enough for him. And when Eunjae is back to serve his coffee, he'll put back his hard face on, just like now.

"Your order is here. Please enjoy!"

Eunjae beams as she puts down the coffee cup on the table. 

"Thanks, Eunjae. "

Eunjae's grin is getting wider as she receives his reply. She slides back to Hyuna's side as she takes glances at the guy who is now sipping the coffee she just s just served. 

"Jae, I swear your face is gonna split into two if you keep that super wide grin on your face."

"Oh, unnie! He talked to me!!! I mean he always talked to me when he's ordering, but he called my name!! Omo!!!"

"Hey, I call your name everyday but you never seems this happy."

"Of course unnie! Its the most gorgeous guy of the universe who called my name! Does it mean he notices me?"

"If ever anyone won't notice the one who serves them everyday, they must be blind."

"Can't you just say yes, unnie?"

"Yes."

"What yes unnie?"

"You just told me to say yes didn't you?"

"Oh, forget it!"

Eunjae sits on one of the high chairs behind the cashier desk, watching in awe as her crush is gulping down his coffee. How can there be someone who looks so y even when he's just gulping down a cup of coffee?

Eunjae has been hiding her feeling to the man that comes every 2 o'clock to the café,  his name? Don't know. His age? Hell she doesn't know. All she knows about is his perfect feature that sends her floating in her little world of imagination. That particular guy will comes at exactly 2 p.m and leaves at exactly 2.30. It means Eunjae has 30 minutes time daydreaming and fantasizing about him, having no care about the other customers in the shop. Eunjae glances at the cuckoo clock hanging on the shop wall, 2.27. In a minute he will stands up and heads to the cashier. 

2.28. He starts to stands and fixes his buttoned up shirt and heads to the cashier. 

But.... oh damn! Eunjae just can't hold it anymore, she just needs to pee. Yeah, what a bad timing she has. Eunjae runs as fast as she can to the washroom, slamming the door behind her. 

Sungyeol walks to cashier, taking out his leather wallet and sees the waitress whom he has taken interest to is running for her life inside. Did she see something bad outside the café?  Sungyeol looks back to the shop's wide window and finds nothing. Oh, what most horrible is what if she runs because of him? Shaking off his thoughts, he walks quicker to the cashier and takes out a few sheets of money. 

"Excuse me?"

"Yes, can I help you?"

"Can I meet one of your waitress here?"

"Which one, sir?"

"... Kim Eunjae..."

"Wait a minute please. I will call her right away."

Sungyeol knows, asking to meet the waitress there is kinda.. unprofessional.  But duh, who cares? 

Hyuna runs like a crazy woman she is and bangs the washroom door loudly. 

"Oh God! Can't you please be patient? I'm going out right now! Oh, its you unnie, can't hold it in? Go ahead, I'm done."

"Oh what the hell are you saying now, don't make him wait any longer!"

"Why are you yelling at me now? And who's waiting for me anyway?"

"Gosh! Just come with me!!!"

Hyuna drags Eunjae to the waiting guy at the cashier. Eunjae tries to pull away violently from Hyuna's grasp.

"Unnie! I'm a mess!  How can I meet him in such a way?!"

Hyuna literally throws Eunjae to the cashier table, leaving Eunjae stands in front of Sungyeol gaping like a fish. 

"Kim Eunjae, right?"

"No. I mean yes."

"What time will your shift ends?"

"Excuse me? Can you repeat what you said?"

"What time will your shift ends?"

"At 5. Yeah, at 5."

"Okay. I'll wait for you at 5. White porche, okay?"

"Sure! No, I mean, did I do something wrong?"

"No, I just want to talk more to you."

"Talk. Okay. Um, sure. Okay, at 5, white porche,  right?"

"Yeah. Gotta go now. See you later."

Sungyeol leaves the dumbstruck waitress, smiling all to himself. 

Even if its unprofessional and silly, what's most important is he can see her again in the evening without desperately waiting for tomorrow to come faster. He opens the door to his white porche,  slides inside, closes the door and grins like a maniac as he drives back to his office. 

Three minutes has passed yet Eunjae is still standing motionlessly, mouth gaping wide as she watches the guy drives away. Her brain starts working really hard, making sure whether it was merely her insane hallucination or real. 

 Hyuna taps Eunjae's shoulder rather hardly.  

"Now now, who's got a date today, huh?"

"Unnie, am I sleeping now?"

"My dear Eunjae, you are wide awake now."

"Then, that was not a dream?"

Hyuna nods her head, passing the still ahocked Eunjae to the kitchen. 

Slowly, a smile starts to formed on Eunjae's, the smile is getting wider and wider and wider and...

"Oh my God!!!! I got invited by my prince!!!!"

 


 

hello!

first chapter is up!! ^^

I hope its satisfying ~~ as usual I'm sorry for grammatical errors and mispelling since English isn't my first language  ~

Upvotes are optional, but if you do, its veeerryyy appreciated! <3

I will try to post the next chapter next week IF the views reach 100 ~ help pls? 

Btw, if you noticed, I deleted the first chapter and just re-posted it, I mean.. no one left comment... You know, when I check the fic I updated, I always wish there's at least one comment, I mean how am I supposed to know about my update if no one comment? .-. So yeah, can you please, please leave at least a comment for me?

I know I'm being such a pain in the a** kind of author, but well for an author, the reader's views are important ~ 

So yeah, hello again my old readers who keep following me till here! And welcome new readers, pls bear with this talkative and demanding author, k? :)

Okay, that's it. Its really the end of my super annoyingly-long note, hope you won't hate me for this !  (readers' say: glad you finally stop your lecture! :p)

Bye-yeom!  *throw hearts*