Do What U Want

Just Do That Thing That You Do
Characters: Hongbin, Taekwoon
Universe: Twisted Reality
 
You can't have my heart, and you can't use my mind,
but do what you want with my body.
 

Up one square to the left.

Hongbin takes a pause and swipes his hand through his hair. His pretty hair, he corrects. Everyone says it’s pretty. Everyone says that he’s pretty. They say he’s so pretty, so handsome, so good looking, all the time.

 Jump one. End two squares up two squares over.

They can do what they want. They can touch the pretty, talk about the pretty, and believe the pretty, but Hongbin recognizes the truth. The pretty is a stain. It got painted on as his body developed, but it is only topical, underneath he’s still cheap wood and a bad nailing job. None of his pieces really line up.

Up and right. Stay on the black.

Hongbin thinks it’s funny. He hides by losing control while Taekwoon hides by taking control. It’s even funnier because Hongbin knows no one can tell what he’s doing, but everyone can tell with Taekwoon. When you refuse to play by the rules you stick out. When you play by them too well no one can ever tell.

Double jump. He’s winning.

Hongbin knows it’s his own fault. He could stop what he does, but he also sees the other members work so well with his current state. They can use him. He is such a useful object. They can talk about him, about his pretty. He makes such a lovely discussion piece. He is, after all, their artwork.

Double jump. He’s losing.

 He’s also only ever a discussion. The members don’t talk to him. They talk through him, around him, about him, without ever needing speech from him. In the end, Hongbin minds little. This is his strategy. It happens to make him much lonelier that Taekwoon’s strategy. No one expends extra effort focusing on alleviating his discomfort or getting him to contribute. They don’t need to because his strategy is perfect compliance.

Last chance. Kinged. Unstoppable.

Why the strategy? It’s obvious really. He has no confidence in his own actions. He finds the shades of his personality don’t add up to paint a very interesting picture, that he makes a flat, unappealing, composition. Hongbin is pretty sure it’s better to be a beautiful object than a deficient person, so he is happy to let others create his narrative.

King. Jumped. Stopped.

Hongbin is satisfied with his reassessment of his action plan, or really inaction plan. He drops the train of thought, and instead focuses on how it’s the third time today he has both won and lost a game of checkers. Hongbin has found playing by yourself is decent when no one else ever comes to interact with you. Of course, when you confine yourself to the laundry room, it’s clear you don’t want anyone to show up.

 

 

 


Hi guys! Did you enjoy this one? It's a bit dark, but I think it's an interesting look at how the meaning of an action can be negatively effected by changing the actor's intent.

In case you did not know, chapter one got re-written, so if you want to, go check that out. Otherwise, I am hoping you all had great weeks and that this next one is ultra fabulous for all of you ^_^