The one who loves

The one we love

CHANYEOL POV

What have I done? I’m such a idiot, I just couldn’t resist her. She looked so beautiful and  I don’t even know, when my lips touched hers. Now, she probably won’t speak to me ever again. You ed, Chanyeol. But on the other hand, she kissed back and I’m sure, she enjoyed it just as much as I did. I don’t know anymore.

 I got up and went to the kitchen for something to drink. With a can of beer in my hand, I sat on a couch. I took a sip and looked at place where not so long ago I was making out with ________. And then it hit me. I’m in love with her. Even when Chen was alive, my heart was racing faster when I was with her. But due to my friendship with Chen I never let myself to think about her more than my friend. When she was in hospital, I was next to her almost all the time. I wanted to wipe every single tear, I wanted to make her smile again. I wanted to make her happy. And again, I ed up. I didn’t even apologize her properly. I decided to go to her and make things up.

YOUR POV

 You were walking fast, until you’ve reached your home. You closed the door of you apartment and leaned on it. Your legs were trembling and you felt wet drops falling down on your chicks.

                -God, damn it, what have I done.

 Your feelings were mixed. You enjoyed the kiss with Chanyeol, but in the same time you felt guilt building up inside of you. Less than two months ago your boyfriend died. You loved him and you pictured your future together. The worst thing was that you knew, that you started to develop deeper feeling for Chanyeol. Only thanks to him you met Chen and science that moment you were called perfect trio. But you and Chen started dating, Chanyeol were happy and he was supporting your relationship. Their friends were teasing Chanyeol, that he should find himself a girl and live you and Chen alone. But neither you nor Chen had problem with him as a friend. You just enjoyed your company. You were for sure happy together like this.

 After accident, you saw how devastated Chanyeol was, but he was hiding it and despite his own sadness, he tried to make you feel better. You accustomed to company of Chanyeol, you felt save with him. He always could  you laugh. It didn’t took much time until you’ve started to have feelings for him. 

                -What am I supposed to do now?

 Your run of thoughts was stopped by someone knocking to your door. You got up and opened them. You were surprised to see Chanyeol, panting in front of you. He tried to say something, but his voice cracked. He looked at you with worried expression and took a deep breath.

                -I wanted to apologize. I just got carried away by emotions. I… – he straighten up – I just wanted to say that I think I love you and I know that it’s out of the blue, but I just wanted you to know. _______ - he looked right into your eyes –  I can wait. If there is any chance, that you can have feeling for me too, I can wait until you are ready for a new relationship.

You were just numb, looking at him with shock expression. He scratched his neck.

                -I think I’ll be going now. I hope you’re going to have a good night.

He hesitated, when the idea of a goodbye kiss flashed through his mind. He just shook his head and left you alone. You were standing like that for a minute or two. Your heart was beating fast. Way too fast. You went inside of you apartment. Your body felt on your bed.

                -Good night? Good night??? How am I supposed to fall asleep after that?

 Happiness and guilt were fighting in your mind. You were relieved that Chanyeol shared your feelings.

                -What should I do now? – you almost screamed, thinking out loud.

                -Yeah, what should you do about that?

You jumped from frightened. You knew this voice. You would recognize this voice in every moment of your life. It was impossible. You grabbed first closest thing and looked around the room. But you drooped it, when you saw Chen leaning on the door of you bedroom. He looked different, like he was kind of transparent

                -Chen? Is that you?

                -Kind of – he smiled

                -But.. but you’re dead. I mean how can you be here?

                -Well – he hesitated – technically I am dead, but before my soul can leave this world I have one mission to complete.

                -Mission? Soul? What? What is going on here? Am I dreaming? Is this some kind of a stupid joke?

                -No, you’re not dreaming. And for sure its not a joke.

You felt your eyes tearing up.

                -Chen, I’ve missed you – you tried to run to him to hug him, but you end up hitting the wall.

Chen let out a strangled laugh.

                -Are you trying to kill yourself?- he teased you

                -This is not funny! Do you know how much I suffered when you died?

                -I know, I’m sorry. I was with you all this time. And I would love to hug you and kiss you, but I can’t.

You could see pain in his eyes.

                -Oh Chen, I love you.

                -I know. I love you too, ____. And I want to talk with you about something -  he sat on your bed and patted spot next to him.

                -Is it about your mission?

                -Yes, I was told to make you and Chanyeol happy.

You felt your cheeks turning red on a thought of Chanyeol.

                -I know that you have feeling for him and he has feeling for you as well. It wasn’t easy for me, but I know he’ll take good care of you. I want you to be happy and I don’t know other person that can make you more happier than our Channie.

                -But what about you Chen?

                -Let’s face it, I’m dead _______. I can’t stay with you. You won’t be happy with a ghost. I love you and I always will love you. I know that you won’t forget about me – he smiled.

                -Wait, all off those strange things that happened today, was that your fault?

                -Yes, but without my help nothing would happened! – he grinned at you.

                -You should be thankful Jongdae that I can’t touch you!

He laughed and show you his tongue. He looked into your eyes.

                -I’m glad. I think I’ve completed my mission – you know what this means, right?

                -That you have to go? – he smiled.

                -Yes.

                -You’re not going back, aren’t you?

He nodded his head.

                -I think I’ll go now, you know what to do. Don’t mess up!

You nodded your head and watched as his silhouette vanished in the air. You cheered yourself up, grabbed your things and as fast as you could run out of your home. You didn’t feel tired when you were carried to Chanyeol’s place on some kind of magical wings. You stopped in front of his door. You were knocking, but there was no sign of him.

                -Maybe he’s not home?

When you wanted to give up, you heard sound of door opening.

                -___________? What are you doing here, it’s late. – he said with surprised and shocked voice.

You saw that Chanyeol looked like he just woke up. With messy hair he looked so handsome.

                -Chanie, I have to tell you something. I was thinking and well… we can say that I had extraordinary help.

                -What?

                -Never mind. I just wanted to say that I have feelings for you too and I think I’m ready for it.

He opened his eyes widely. When he wanted to say something, you jumped at him. Your arms wrapped around his neck. You kissed him successfully keeping him quiet.