The one we lost

The one we love

               -Chen, where are we going? – you asked again the same question. 

               -I’m not going to tell you! – he looked at you and laughed – how many times I have to repeat myself? It’s a surprise!

 You looked at him and pouted, but inside you were happy.
You loved your boyfriend and you couldn’t see the world without him.  Now you were sitting in a car with him, going for a surprise trip. With a help of his friends, he planned everything. You had no idea what, where and how. 
 The only hint you had were Sehun’s, Chen’s friend, words: “Noona, I bet you look hot in a swimsuit”. This brat was kind of useful. Anyways, you were super excited. Your had your eyes on Chen, watching him singing song that was played in the radio, while your hand behind window was catching the wind. Chen stopped singing and looked at you.

                -______, you look so beautiful – he grinned at you. God, this man had the most perfect smile you’ve ever seen.

                -Thank you, but you better watch the rode – you delicately hit his arm with your fist.

                -Ya ya ya! Don’t you know I’m the best driver in this country? – he cockily raised his eyebrow.

 You laughed and moved you body closer to his and placed kiss on his cheek. You laid your head on his shoulder, closed your eyes, letting your imagination work. You could already see you and Chen having fun together. Just you two and nothing else.

 Suddenly, you’ve heard car horn, as Chen’s arm pushed you on your sit and his body hovered, covering yours. You had no idea what was going on. You just saw truck hitting the side off your car, lights blinding you. You started screaming. Everything was covered in blood. You tried to move, but your body was numb. 

                -Chen!! Chen! – you were screaming your lungs out.

                -______, wake up, wake up! – you heard familiar voice.

His hand was shaking your arm.

                -Chen? – you asked with scared voice.

                -No… it’s me, Chanyeol. You’re in hospital. You had a nightmare.

 You opened your eyes and saw your best friends face. He had a worried expression and bags under his eyes. He just looked miserable. 
Well, you couldn’t be surprised. Chanyeol was your boyfriend’s best friend science primary school. It was obvious, that he was in bad condition too.
 That was the moment when reality hit you. It wasn’t just a nightmare, 
it was exactly what happened four weeks ago. It was reality. You and Chen had a car accident. You didn’t remember that much. You just woke up in hospital with every part of your body being in pain. But all you could think about then, was Chen, and you wanted to see him. You haven’t even thought of losing him. But seeing Chen’s mother crying was devastating. And then Chanyeol told you that Chen died. No matter how hard you tried to deny it, it was coming back to you. You felt your tears under your eyelids. Your hand wrapped around Chanyeol’s neck pulling him closer. His hand were slowly moving on your back as you cried on his shoulders. You were sitting like that for past few minutes, as you had no tears left.

                -I think… well… I think that you should go to sleep now. You should take some rest ________. - his voice sounded tired and weak.

                -I don’t want to sleep! I don’t want to! All I want to is to have him back! – you shouted.

                -I think he’d love you to rest and recover, you could die there too! It’s a true miracle that you’re alive…

                -How can you know what he would love to! What can you know!– you felt your cheeks becoming wet again.

                -Maybe you haven’t noticed, but you are not the only one that miss him! It’s time for you to face reality, your whining won’t bring him back ______ – you noticed that Chanyeol was hurt by your words.

He was right and you knew it. But your whole life was in ruin now, you couldn’t put it back together in four weeks and pretend that nothing happened. 
But Chanyeol wasn’t just Chen’s friend, he was your as well. During all this time you were with Jongdae, you made friends with Channie. And he was hurt too and now you hurt him even more.

                -Channie I… I’m sorry… I shouldn’t say…

                -I think I’ll go now – he grabbed his thing and went out.

YOUR POV

Just ing great, why do I always have to things up?? How could I say something as stupid as that. Channie’s heart now is probably in pieces. He and Chen, they were such a great friends.

 You embraced your knees and placed your chin on top of them. You lost your parents in young age. Your dad died when you were 10 and 4 years ago you lost your mother. Year after, you met Chen and your life became colourful again.

What am I supposed to do without you, Chen? You felt your eyes becoming watery again.

CHANYEOL POV

 Why did I say it? I should just keep my mouth shut. His back hit the wall next to the door of your room. She barely survived through his accident. I should be there for her, support her and not make her cry more. Chanyeol, you’re so stupid. He messed his hair with his hand.

 He got up and walked towards the exit with the run of thoughts inside his head. You were important to him, you were his bestest friend’s girlfriend and moreover his own best friend. He couldn’t just sit and watch you so sad.


THE NEXT DAY

 You were laying in your bed looking blankly through the window. Suddenly, you heard voices behind the door. You assumed that it was a group of males. When the door opened you saw that you were right, it was Chanyeol with Baekhyun and Sehun. It was probably the most funniest scene you saw science the accident. Tall Chanyeol was holding huge teddy bear in his arms. Sehun tangled in balloons with Baek jumping around him, trying to release the youngest one from his trap.

                -What are you doing guys? – you asked trying to hold your laughter

                -Noona! We didn’t know you weren’t sleeping – Sehun looked like scared puppy.

                -Oh, and all of those noises were supposed to keep me asleep?

                -________, we’re sorry, but we have surprise for you. – Chanyeol smiled.

                -We talked with the doctor, he told us that you can return home now – Baekhyun sat next to you with big grin on his face.

                -So we’re here to help you – Chanyeol continued.

                -That is really nice of you guys – you smiled.

After some time all of your things were packed, Baekhyun and Sehun took your luggage to car. You wanted to use one on one time with Chanyeol to talk about what happened the day before.

                -Mmmm…. Chanyeol I want to… I want to apologize – you looked at his back and you saw his muscle tense -  I know.. I’ve been to selfish, you probably suffer as much as I do. Chen was like brother to you and…

                -I’m sorry too… I said to much… – he interrupted you

                -I think we should forget about it.

                -Yeah, that would be good – he smiled at you.

A few hours later you were sitting in your apartment, drinking tea and trying to avoid looking at all of the photos of you and Chen. Baek and Sehun needed to go, so you were left alone with Chanyeol. You didn’t know why, but for the very first time you felt uncomfortable being with him alone. You were sitting now silently.

                -I think I’ll be going now – Chanyeol said.

                -Um.. yeah, ok.

You watched him as he got up and walked towards the door.

                -Chanyeol wait! – you almost screamed – can you stay with me? I’m afraid to be alone now.

Science the day off accident he was spending most of the nights in hospital with you, sleeping on a chair or on a way too small couch in your hospital room. But when he was gone everything was a lot more scarier. And now, Chanyeol was the only person you trusted in 100%.

                -Yes, sure – Chanyeol said with shy voice.

You felt much more comfortable with thought of not being alone. But only thing you didn’t know, was that you and Chanyeol weren’t alone. There was someone who was protecting you since the day of a car crush. Someone who took care of both of you. And he had plan of how to make both of you happy.