It's Gone

Desire of the Soul

NARRATOR'S POV:

It's been a year and a half...the world has become worst. After becoming 16 and choosing yourself, Jae and Kai discovered that they can only live in the colors blue or white. Yes, that means if they choose one color, they have to live in it for the rest of their life, meaning, their house has to be that color, they have to wear that color, they can only talk to people that has the same color. It was like the world of the blacks and whites. 

Jae lived in white, while Kai lived in blue. Jae disliked everything and regretted everything ever since the Choosing day. Kai absolutely loved it. Since he had a dark violent past, he was now at peace and alone. Jae was too lonely, always too bored. Woke up, worked, came home. Jae's position payed her lots of money...which she liked and stored it in a secret safe. 

Kai had no friends, while Jae had only one. Sophie...or shall I say her new name is Fang-Hua. Jae had to start over with becoming friends with her. For some reason, she remembered everything, when clearly, the government told them they weren't supposed and there was no way to, but how come she remembered her past and everything else? She never new why and she didn't want to. 

Fang-Hua and Jae were as close as Jae was to her old best friend, but something threw Jae off. Fang-Hua always wanted to come to Jae's house, but when Jae asked to go to her house, she would immediately say no and change the subject. 

RING RING RING!

"Yeobesayeo?" She said into her phone.

"Ma'am, you have not payed fee for the apartment." A male voice said at the end of the line. 

"Oh, really? I remembered I payed though." Jae raised her brow.

"Well, it says that you haven't yet." The male said. 

"Really, can you please double check on that?" Jae asked. 

"Yes.......Oh, wait, ma'am," 

"Yes?"

"It says you haven't payed at all." The male said.

"Are you serious?!?!?" Jae shouted.

"Ma'am please calm down," He said.

"No, hold on." Jae shut him off and ran to her room. 

Behind a picture, there was a safe. A safe where she hid her money and she was the only person who knew. She cracked the code and opened it up. 

It's empty...her mind started to stir. I had so much money in here...IT WAS HERE YESTERDAY THOUGH! I REMEMBER CLEARLY CHECKING! Her eyes widen in shock. Could it be?? No...

Fang-Hua slept over at Jae's house the night before. 

No...but could it really? Dude, she works with the police, of course she did. Wait, but what if she did? No, she couldn't have! Sh-she's my...best friend...No, she's not, if she really was, your money would still be here! Jae's conscience argued back and forth with each other. It was like the demon and angel standing on each sides of her shoulders. 

She talked about financial problems too...Jae took her phone out and angrily dialed Fang-Hua's number.

"Where are you?" Jae asked.

"Are you mad? What happened? Tell me." Fang-Hua asked.

"I asked you first. Where. Are. You." Jae quickly lost patience.

"I'm at Club 88." Fang-Hua laughed. 

"Oh, so this is how you spend money? No wonder you have money problems." Jae replied.

Jae hung up and locked the door to her apartment and stormed out of the huge building. She ran to the nearest bus stop and entered the bus and found a seat to sit in. A couple stops later, a business man around her age came and sat next to her. Jae suddenly felt unconfortable as he started scooting closer. 

"Um...excuse me..." She said trying to get out of her seat. 

"Hohoho! Where are you going?" He said and pushed her shoulders down, as a result making her sit back in her seat. 

"Um, this is my stop." Jae lied. 

"No, it's not. I can clearly see on your face you want to get away from me!" The man smirked. 

"No. Seriously, this is my stop." Jae quickly rambled. 

"No, it's not. You could stop at my house sometimes though." 

Sick. Jae was ready to throw up.

She suddenly felt something jerk by her side and it was the business man...with another man.