Chosen

Desire of the Soul

Narrator's POV:
(Maegan's Side of Life)

"Maegan," 

"Yes, mom?" 

"Are you ready? It's time to go!" Her mom screamed.

"Yes," She said goodbye to the small things that she was going to miss and ran her way down the stairs of the house she was never going to walk again, "lets go."

Maegan was an only child, so you could say she was lonely her whole life. With her mother as a docter, she was never home, while her father, the police man, was also never home, because of cases that always came up. The only friend that she really had was her nanny. They practically did everything together. At school, Maegan always kept things to herself and was labeled the usual "loner", but did also have just one true friend.

Maegan and her parents made their way to the big clear glass building where everything would take place. They bid goodbye and Maegan braced herself as she walked inside. 

"Follow me please." A middle aged lady said.

The lady led Maegan to a room with a stage and many chairs where it looked like musicals took place. Too bad the seats were occupied by other girls and boys her age...

"Maegan!" She heard a familiar voice call her name and Maegan turned her head. 

"Sophie!" It was her best friend with eyes big as saucers.

The two girls sat by each other afraid of what was going to happen next. 

"Ahem, excuse me." A lady around her 40's came up to the podium and started speaking.

"Call me Tiffany. I am the Founder and President of Transplant, this company which you are under. We will be calling your names one by one and then you will be escorted into a room where you will be able to basically choose yourself. Choose your nationality, hair color, eye color, etc." She introduced.

I hate this lady...she makes everyone forget everything. Maegan thought...she did have a grudge against Tiffany.

"After this day, our specialized docters will perform on you, and you will get what you basically wanted on your face. Also, you will forget your past life and start a new one. We start in 5 minutes. Say your goodbyes and what not, because we are getting started soon as possible." Tiffany explained.

"This place gives me the shivers." Sophie wrapped her arms around herself.

"That speech gave me the shivers." Maegan mumbled angrily.

"Well, I guess this means goodbye! I'll miss you forever, even though we will forget each other, we'll still be friends." Sohpie gave Maegan a hug.

"Don't worry. I'll find you no matter what." Maegan patted her back as she started crying. "Hey, don't cry...you're making me cry." Tears started to wet her cheeks.

They said goodbye to each other as each of their names were called.

The same lady that led Maegan led her again to a different room. This room what lit up with white, bright lights. Basically everything was white and not a single shed of another color.

"They were going for a pure concept...you know, the color white means pure." The lady observed Maegan and answered her question.

Yeah....pure my .

"You can have a seat here." The lady pointed to a chair that sat in front of a fancy computer screen. And now Maegan was in front of it. 

"Great, I'll let you get started. Good luck!" She smiled and left the room. Soon it was just Maegan by herself with the computer. 

First it was a blank screen, then suddenly, a set of simple black letters appeared, "Current Name: (enter here)" She entered her name she was born with then clicked on the "Next" button. 

 

"New Name:

First Name:  (enter here)        

Last name: (enter here)" was the next screen.

 

"New name....what should it be...ahh, I know!"

 

"First Name: Jae

Last Name: Lee" Maegan filled. 

 

"Current Nationality: Asian" She typed quickly.

"New Nationality:"

 

"What..."

 

"New Nationality: Korean" 

 

"Yeah, why not..." Maegan spoke to herself. 

------

After she took the test, Maegan was once escorted to an operation room again. This time, she was put to sleep and everything went black for her. The docters operated on her on what her chose and quickly finished her up cleanly. 

------

"Maegan..." She could hear a faint female voice. 

She opened her eyes and saw the lady that escorted her before.

"Um...where am I?" Maegan asked.

"You successfully finished your surgery! You're so beautiful...do you want to look?" The escorter held up a mirror to Maegan's face.

Oh my goodness...I look like this now? Ah..I really like it!  She thought to herself. 

"Daebak!" Her lips spoke.

Sweet! I can speak Korean too! She smiled to herself. 

"Your new name is Jae...Lee Jae. I hope your happy!

 


Sooo...how was the first chapter??? I'm decicidng to not make Kai's side of life, because it would basicallly the same as Maegan's. i really hope you liked it tho, keep reading! I'll update soon! ;)