The Stupid Party

Stupid

That bartender is so screwed, Chaerin thought. What liquor must he have given her for her to wake up like this? Hangover at its finest, memories of last night’s happenings became a mystery and here she was, lying oh-so flamboyantly on this king sized bed whilst hugging a large cottony pillow she actually thought was a cotton candy whilst . Well , she could’ve at least woken up with a sheer blanket to cover her up out of this misery but no she was to the extreme level.

 

And in the meantime,

 

There she was on top of a screeching Baekhyun as she had her hands wrapped onto his neck, strangling the life out of him. In a room, which looks like one that comes from a luxury hotel, all that was heard were her growls of ferocity and Baekhyun’s wails and choking.

 

Well, Chaerin or CL has all the reasons to end the boy’s life. Wonder why? Well, there are no flashbacks of any sort since I’m going to tell you that detail by details. Listen well, all of you! (Maleficent)

 

It all happened yesterday.

 

Friday, 3:30 pm in the YG building

 

“Oh come on guys, this will be fun! We rarely get to go out and mingle” Dara, pleaded her members with all her might hoping that they would agree to her little request.

 

The oldest was busy with her phone as she munched on a corn on her other hand, the maknae was also on her phone looking like she’s playing something as a series of curses came out of her plump lips while the leader stared at her with full annoyance.

 

“How about no unnie? ” says the blonde with her monotone. A sign that means anything that would come out of her unnie’s mouth is either ignored or invalid. The three of them were sitting at YG’s lounge while the brunette was up in front of them.

 

But Dara was having none of that; well she is the group’s spokes ambassador. And ambassadors are usually persistent. And yes, Park Sandara is one of the most persistent persons you’ll ever meet.

 

“Oh dear, what’s so bad about hanging out with them? They’re nice . . . in a way” Dara argued nodding her head slightly at what she just said.

 

“Unnie, ofcourse you’ll say that . . . You’re close to some of them” the leader rolled her eyes on the petite brunette in front of her. “That is enough reason so please leave us alone, you can go” . . .

 

“Anyways, whose idea was that? Pretty stupid if you ask me . . .” Bom, on the midst of finishing her third corn, butted in giving her giggle at Dara.

 

“Well, it was Donghae’s . . .” Dara bit her lip.

 

“Figures . . .” Bom and CL let out a hearty laugh down the poor girl. Dara just rolled her eyes, not wanting to retort back since she is in need of them. Badly.

 

“Celebrating the years of our company’s rivalry? That is pretty smart though for someone like Donghae . . .” Bom continued her laughter as she threw her corn shaft on the nearest trash bin like a basketball pro earning a score.

 

“Well, we all know how Hae can be a little off sometimes but this is a good opportunity for us to get socialized? You know, actually befriend someone else outside YG”

 

“I’m Friends with F(x), unnie . . .” Minji grinned as she let out her first sentence that hour while setting her phone down. Bom hauled at the maknae with claps.

 

“Okay, well I meant with boys . . .” Dara responded, a hint of annoyance radiating from her tone.

 

And that made both Minji and Bom’s ears perked up! And in an instant, they were now looking at CL with the same pleading face as Dara had earlier.  Bingo!

 

“Well . . .” Bom started with her playful grin. “Darong has a point Chaerin-ah” and to that Minji nodded.

 

Dumbfounded, CL only face palmed herself

 

Yes Bom, knowing how big of a flirt she is would agree, and Minji hanging out with Bom too much is starting to inhabit Bom’s quirkiness and a dash of her hunger for boys.

 

“You have got to be kidding me?” CL muttered as she swept her hair to the side.

 

“Aigoo, Chaerin-ah . . . Pretty please??????” Bom then, with all her might, turned her charms against the leader.

 

 “I guess I’ll just go hangout with Ji” she then gathered all her belongings as she stood up from the lounge they were chilling out at ready to go ignoring all of Bom’s failed aegyo attempts. “Bummer . . .”

 

“Well that won’t be right . . .” Dara suddenly muttered. A playful grin evident on her pure face.

 

CL shot her head towards her. “And why is that? . . .”

 

“Because Bigbang is invited too and Bae told me they’re coming . . .” Dara let out a dry smirk.

 

.

 

---

8:40 pm, The girl’s of 2NE1 arrived at one of the most luxurious hotels in Seoul dressed up nicely but not to overwhelming since their main objective is to look approachable. Bom was giggling alongside Minji while Dara was on her phone probably talking to Donghae. CL on the other hand was literally dragging her legs to walk the marbled floor.

 

She was pissed, annoyed, angry, mad and all things that comes between.

 

Reason is she’d rather stay at their dorm and lay down on her bed. She doesn’t really have anything against SM artists, she just felt odd hanging out with them. Curse Dara for having friends with them, and Minji. Come to think of it Bom is getting quite a handful too.

 

CL can only mutter a dry ‘’ to let loose. Having the urges to run back to 2NE1’s van service and get herself out of her misery.

 

“Chae stop that, you look like you’ve been ditched by Johnny Depp . . .” Bom nudged her breaking her thoughts.

 

“Do i? . . .” was her only response. Well, she doesn’t want to look like she didn’t want to be here (In fact she does) so when Bom nodded lightly she straightened up.

 

“Guys, Donghae is on his way down here . . .” Dara suddenly jumped in beside CL as she got her phone back down. “Let’s wait for him”.

 

“Well do we have a choice? . . .” CL rolled her eyes as she swept her blonde hair to the side of her face.

 

“Oh well, I hope there’s a lot of food . . . and boys” Bom grinned, her alien self taking over her again.

 

“Aigoo unnie, I sometimes wonder why I’m friends with you” Minji laughed.

 

“Bish shut up, I’m awesome . . .” and to that Bom let her tongue meet their gaze. CL felt like she was in a bad Korean movie with her being the only normal being there is.

 

As everyone can see, CL may look like the party animal of the group but actually she’s more like the party pooper. Bom is the weird one that usually contradicts everything right, Dara is the angel faced devil when times and moments like this come and the baby maknae is . . . well we can say she’s not really the innocent Minji everyone thinks of her.

 

They were standing for almost 2minutes on the hotel’s lobby before they heard the elevator popped open, next was Dara flying towards the direction. There was Donghae wearing his casual outfit that had CL cringe not because of his taste in fashion but because he had a glass of liquor on his hand as he hugged Dara for his greetings looking sober as ever.

 

“DARA!” he grinned.

 

“Well, we made it . . .” Dara led him towards the others.

 

“Hey pretty ladies, nice for you to come” He greeted them with Dara on his side.

 

“Wouldn’t miss it . . .” Bom giggled as she clung onto Minji’s arm dragging her to the elevator. Donghae chuckled at the playfulness of 2NE1’s supposed to be oldest member before he shifted his gaze on CL. She smiled slightly.

 

“Yeah, right . . .”

 

“Well let’s get you ladies partied up!” He nodded as he wrapped his arms around Dara, dragging her towards Minji and Bom. CL, seeing how occupied her unnies and maknae were just sighed before taking a step towards them.

 

The elevator ride was pretty much okay.

 

Donghae and Dara started bickering on who can drink the most; Minji was helping Bom with her hair while CL stood up on the corner quietly. Pretty much okay!

 

“Well, everyone seemed to be present tonight.” Donghae started as the lift took them up.

 

“Are we the last to get here?” Dara giggled as their bickering just ended seconds ago. Donghae nodded, the grin never leaving his face.

 

“Well, better be fashionably late . . .” Bom flipped her hair earning a few laughs from everyone. Minus Chaerin.

 

“And bigbang arrived early, thought YG pips never wait?” Donghae announced.

As the elevator reached the highest peak of the building, Donghae led them towards a room, a VIP room to be exact, and as they entered they were met by the loud booming music from Lady Gaga and a whole bunch of dancing bodies on the spacious room.

 

“Wild huh? . . .” Donghae winged his brows to them as he dragged Dara of towards the center. “Hey everyone, 2NE1 is in the building Yow!” he yelled with Dara close in tow.

 

And with that, everyone’s head shot towards the girls. Cheers were emitted as they bowed to them. Yes, they bowed back, even CL.

 

“Well, enjoy the party guys!!!” Donghae laughed once again as he disappeared with Dara onto the bar section which was a table fixed with drinks and necessities with a bartender on the back.

 

CL was smiling.

 

Yes she was. Awkwardly.

 

---

 

After 30 minutes have passed, CL was still not able to find any reliable Bigbang members. Well, she came across Seungri together with some SNSD members back at the dance floor but knowing Seungri it’s a bad idea to hang around him. Take note of that.

 

Bom was casually chatting with someone she believes is from EXO which is 3 times her height with eyes larger than a marble and ears sticking out from his hat. Minji was with F(x) probably playing uno cards at somewhere from the back. Dara was with Donghae alongside Yoona, Jessica and Eunhyuk having a shot battle and to CL’s view, Dara was in trouble considering she can’t even blabber a word properly.

 

“Great, just great . . .” she muttered as she plopped on the couch she found.

 

CL might look the party goer type but that’s just her persona. In real life, Chaerin is far from that. She enjoys alone time the most and the people she hangs out with were only limited. Yes, she’s not well socialized like Dara, or outgoing like Minji and far from being someone like Bom.

 

“I need a drink, pronto . . .” she got herself up ready to head towards the bar. She met familiar faces on her way and they gave her eyes smiles and nods which she returned politely but the hint of awkwardness still on the feels. She was only a few steps away when she caught something on the corner of her eyes. Kwon Jiyong

 

Yes, she finally found someone she can stick around with. CL ignored her agenda towards the bar as she walked off towards Bigbang’s leader when all of a sudden, she saw a cake flying towards her way. A flying cake is not good.

 

Her eyes widen at the sight, but thanks to her fast reflexes she managed to dodge a little ending up to the cake hitting only a portion of her hair. CL felt like going home the moment she saw how everybody was looking at her the moment the cake hit her head.

 

“Omy, I’m so sorry it was meant for Luhan hyung . . .” her head perked up to a young guy, probably from EXO too, bowing his head apologetically towards her. GD eventually took this chance to approach her since he saw every detail of what happened.

 

“Are you alright?” he asked getting his scarf out to wipe the spoiled icing out of CL’s head.

 

“Sehun you punk, look what you have done!” Another guy, yet an EXO guy again, went to the guy who probably threw the cake before hitting his head. Hard

 

CL watched as the two bowed their head towards her. GD was still cleaning her head with a grin plastered on his face.

 

“We’re sorry sunbae . . .” they apologized.

 

“It’s okay . . .” she managed to mutter. GD finished wiping her head chuckled.

 

“Wow, you sure like cake so much . . .” GD managed to joke earning a glare from CL. Eyes were still on her as the two young guys were looking drop dead  scared.

 

“It’s okay everyone, she lived!” Jiyong shouted chuckling pointing at CL. Everyone chuckled and returned their focus to what they were previously doing while the young boy who looked handsomely evil was dragged by the other female-like Chinese dude.

 

“You managed to mock me. Great” She rolled her eyes at Jiyong sarcastically.

 

“Hey, chillax Chae. It’s a party! Worst things could happen.” He nodded. He then led her towards the Bar to grab her something that could calm her down.

 

CL is composed.

 

But pissed.

 

Jiyong instantly ordered, cocktail for the blaring cheetah beside him. CL held the glass tightly before taking a sip.

 

“This is the reason why I don’t hang out with people” she muttered.

 

“Oh come on, you never really hang out with anybody” Jiyong laughed down at her. Again.

 

“I hung out with you guys, that’s pretty much enough for me” she then finished her glass, ready for another round of cocktails she might be getting down with that night.

 

“Orz, well besides us. Don’t get me wrong Chae but having a social life won’t hurt anybody”

 

And yes he has a point, CL hates it when GD has a point because right now she looks and feels dumb.

 

“Well, hate to leave you out here but I’m actually busy with Tae . . . better get back there” Jiyong patted CL’s back before heading out towards somewhere she doesn’t want to know.

 

3 cocktails down.

 

“Hey . . .” CL was about to order her 4th glass when suddenly, a guy with a high pitched tone sat down beside her at the bar. She shifted her gaze towards the intruder, and there she saw his face.

 

Dark ebony hair, piercing eyes with a feminine facial feature and a hint of a flower boy look. The kind of guy that can swoon millions of girls with just a wink!

 

The was,

 

He was grinning at her.

 

Grinning? Why the hell would he grin at her she thought?

 

“Ugh….?” He muttered.

 

“Uhm… do I know you?” she managed to speak slurry.

 

“Nope, I don’t think so but hey everyone knows you” CL was amazed at how his grin went wider to her wildest dreams.

 

“Ugh, well okay?” she nodded before proceeding with her order leaving the boy her view.

 

“By the way I’m Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun from EXO”

 

“Ah yes, EXO”

 

And as CL was given her order, she saw how he scooted closer to her. The grin was still there.

 

“Ugh, do you have any problem?”

 

The EXO dude, Baekhyun suddenly shook his head.

 

“No, no… everything is very well actually.” He nodded.

 

“Do you need anything?” she cocked an eyebrow at him feeling how awkward it is talking to someone she barely know.

 

“Well, I just need to know whether you’re busy or not?”

 

“As you can see I am” she had her monotone again.

 

“I don’t think so sunbae-nim… I’m actually alone right now since Chanyeol joined both of your group members in shots and Suho hyung is drunk at the tub with Krystal ssi doing god knows what, SNSD sunbaes where together with the Bigbang hyungs and the last thing I remember is they were at the dancefloor, your maknae was with F(x) but I don’t see her now and . . .” but before he was able to continue, CL cut him to it.

 

“And yes I get it, I’m busy with this fine cocktail so you can go bother someone else pls.”

 

“Ugh, well I wanna hangout with you tho” he pouted.

 

“Why?”

 

“I feel like we have a connection, a weird one.” he answered a bit dazzled with himself too.

 

What is wrong with this dude?