1. [like words being said for the first time]

in statu quo

(Even if you say you don't know me, I know you)

Chapter 1
“Don’t worry. All we want is some fun.”


Kyungsoo nurses the bruise on his left shoulder, wincing as he rolls the joint around to let out some of the tension there. It had hurt when Sangmin had knocked his shoulder blades against the wall; there was definitely no fun in that. Sangmin's a senior just like Kyungsoo but a couple years more advanced in age, having been kept back after committing school offences that were deemed too insignificant to report to the police. In other words, he's an . Kyungsoo scowls. The streets he strides by are neither crowded nor empty, the time of day being just after when everyone gets off from work. This , and he still has to go for training. This week they added dancing to his list of training sessions, and he found he really doesn’t have the talent for it. He doesn’t even have enough body length for normal day-to-day functions, much less complicated processes like dancing for godsake.

He’s too caught up in his thoughts to observe his surroundings any more (the route to SM already muscle memory by this point), but a call soon fishes him out of his reverie.

“Hey!” It’s a girl’s voice. One that he’d been acquainted with for the first time just a few minutes ago, back at school.

Kyungsoo groans internally. He thought he’d walked fast enough for him to lose the girl, but obviously he’d thought wrong. In fact, she’s now rapidly catching onto him, if her panting and running footsteps are anything to go by. He doesn’t turn around. He doesn’t even stop, choosing instead to quicken his pace; he needs to hurry to practice, but he also can’t have anyone from school connecting SM to him. Ah, how do you lose her--

“Do Kyungsoo! Stop right there-” He freezes. She knows his name? That’s quite strange. He’s slightly curious now; he’s sure he’s one of the most low-key students in his level, and most people just know him as the small guy with large eyes (and a head too big for his body, if you look at him from afar). He turns around.

“Fine! Thank you, alright?” He emphasised the syllabus, making sure to speak formally. He’s pretty sure the girl’s younger than him, what with him being a ‘fast-liner’ and all, but he wishes to put it across to her that they’re strangers, and that he doesn’t quite appreciate strangers who assume familiarity with him. He just can’t afford that kind of complications in his life right now. Kyungsoo isn’t a rude guy, just a cold one, more often favouring to ignore others over outrightly provocating them. But this girl has chosen to worm her way in, chosen to try to involve herself somehow in his life, and he must admit he finds himself a little defensive. Maybe it’s just everything that’s happened today; one day he’s an unnoticed high school senior and the next, having more interactions with his peers than he cares for. All he knows now, anyway, is that he does not really want to talk to anyone. Not now.

“Can you stop following me, now?” The girl has managed to shorten the gap between them, and now they’re only a metre apart. It’s so close that Kyungsoo doesn’t need to shout, but finds himself raising his voice a little anyway. She looks up from resting her hands on her knees and blinks.

“You know you could be a little nicer. I kind of did just save you from a bunch of douchebag bullies.”

Kyungsoo scowl deepens. There are a lot of things he wishes he could wipe clean from his memory, and one of them is of being rescued from a group of idiots by a meddling girl. He could fight his own battles. He always has.

“Well, I didn’t ask you to,” he snaps. “I hope you aren’t expecting me to beg to return the favour or anything, there’s seriously nothing I can give you.”

The girl (see, he doesn’t even know her name!) falters. "I'm not- looking to get anything-"

Kyungsoo pauses. An important thought crosses his mind. “It's just that... I mean, I don’t even know you-” He's not a mean guy, and the girl- well, he acknowledges that she seems to be the most sincere person he has talked to from school so far. He supposes he just needs to get out of here as quickly as possible, and can afford to be slightly nicer.

She, on the other hand, seems a little stunned at what Kyungsoo thought was a basic statement of fact. “We have homeroom together.”

Ah. Well, it’s not like all the other kids ever bothered to know him, so it was only right he responded in kind. But apparently Homeroom Girl knew his name. What else did she know, he briefly wondered, before realising he’s spent a good ten minutes talking to her now. He’s going to be late if he doesn’t beat it, fast.

“L-look… I have to go. Like now. But,” - here Kyungsoo stutters, just a little - “but I’m sorry if I was a bit harsh.” Unsure of how to end off exactly, Kyungsoo turns around to walk off. Three steps later and he looks back, checking if she’s still following him. She isn’t. She hasn’t moved at all since he started walking off, a puzzled frown on her face.

He doesn’t know why he does what he does next. Nothing he does these days make sense anymore, especially so to himself. Maybe he feels more sorry for responding harshly than he thought; whatever it is, he’s too late to stop his own voice when it comes out.

“See you tomorrow,” he shouts over his shoulder, even though there’s no need for shouting. The distance between them isn’t that great yet. The girl features perk up at his greeting, only to fall back into bewilderment moments later.

“See you tomorrow, please stop following me!” he hastily adds, a little desperate, though it is without any hostility. He turns around, and somehow feels her puzzled gaze continue to bore into his back.

---

So our dear kyungsoo meets our leading lady and becomes a little less hostile at the end? haha
He's such a dork isn't he, let's hope he makes it out of this alive

(just kidding)
I'm not naturally inclined towards fluff when I write, but I tried! xx 

btw the title and the chapter description (in brackets at the top) is from this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2vnvamxVgUsuper amazing song that i stumbled upon. feeeel ;A;