Chapter 2

A Unique Connection

"Do you know that some called it fate. I honestly think that he can help you with whatever Minwoo-hyung assigned you." Andy points the straw he was drinking with at Eric, before sipping his juice. "You've got no idea how annoyed I was just now." Eric argued back. "You can't blame him, he's born this way." Andy shrugged his shoulders. "And beside, I think he is cute." 

"How would you know that?" Eric raised his voice. "You didn't even met him!" 

"True," Andy nods his head, "But he seems innocent and kind through the way he had spoken to you." Andy sticks his tongue out at Eric for he knows that he had successfully rebutted Eric. Eric scoffed. So after not seeing his older brother for a few years, he has improved in the area of  talking back to others.  To make things clear, Andy had just came back from a business trip in New York much to the surprise of Eric, for he thought that Andy wouldn't be back for another 4 days. 

"You know you should have called me so I can applied for a leave, and you wouldn't have to rush to meet me." Eric scolded. "You know I hate surprises." 

"What's wrong with your younger brother paying his older brother a visit after staying away from home for 2 years." Andy put on his innocent face, blinking his eyes furiously.

 

"Whatever." Eric waves his hand off at Andy. " So how are you and JunJin doing?" Andy, upon hearing his sweetheart's name, brightens up. "Oh, we are doing great, his parents even said that they wanted to go on a vacation with us. But JunJin doesn't want that." Andy blushed and Eric immediately knows the reason. He hastily puts his hands in front of Andy's face. "Don't tell me! I don't want to know the reason." 

"How about you Hyung? Any girl that you are interested in?" Andy paused before adding with a smirk. "Or guy. Whichever you are interested in now." 

"Nope, no one." Eric said non-chantly.

"You should get to know more people. Other than Minwoo- hyung, Dongwannie, JunJin and me. You got no other friends."

 

Eric glared at his younger brother. 'Oh sure, if you say it like that." He then stood up and took out his wallet. Andy suddenly got all flustered. "Yo-you are not angry at me right? I was just stating the facts." His tone getting higher at the end of his sentence. Eric silently smiled to himself. He knows that whenever Andy is scared, his tone variation will always end up weird. "I was just going to pay the bills. C'mon, let's go. I still need to re-fuel my car." 


"So, have you found the person Minwoo asked you to find?" Andy asked. 

 

Eric shakes his head. "It's not as easy as you think Andy-ah. And besides, Minbong gave me such useless clues. How the hell am I going to find him?" Andy nods his head, processing the information. "I think you just need to look deeper. And erm," Andy glanced around in his seat, "Don't you think that the guy refilling the petrol is taking a long time?"

 

Eric thought so too. "I'll go check up on him." Unbuckling his seatbelt, Eric got out of his car. "Hi, is anything the matter?" 

 

"Ohh, no sir. Today's my first day of work. I am still trying to figure out some things." Scanning the male in front of him, Eric could easily identify the male to be at most still a high school student. "Well, in that case, take your time. I'll help you as well." While Eric was busy helping the employee, he could hear an exchange of blows coming from the petrol shop. "Do you know how annoying it is that every time you are on shift, there will be a whole lot of unsatisfied customers!" 

 

The employee smiled awkwardly at Eric. "Sorry. That's the manager. He has got a bit of an issue with the employee he is 'talking' to." 

Why do I feel so unease? Eric felt sick. He swear that it was getting violent through listening to the noise. He then looks at the employee and said "You should be able to continue from here right ? I think I should go check up on the situation."  Andy, sensing how nervous his brother was, anxiously unbuckles his seatbelt and followed behind Eric. 

 

"The company's profits is decreasing and it is all because of you!" He slammed his fist across his employee, who could do nothing but shout for help in his mind. He rubbed the back of his hand against his nose and was mortified when he saw blood. "Blo...blood." He shoved his hands straight up to his manager's face so as to show him that it was enough. But that only infuriates his manager even more. "I don't want to see whatever you are hiding in your hands!"

Pushing his hands away, he was about to go at his face for the second time when suddenly someone gripped his wrist that was in midair so hard that he screamed. 

 

"You better stop hitting him if not I will start hitting you." Eric growled as he tightens the grip at the manager's wrist.

"You okay?" Eric motioned towards the employee. But something causes Eric to take a second look. "Hy-Hyesung?" He stuttered. Immediately, he releases his grip and rush to Hyesung. The manager, thinking that this was the moment for him to escape, tried, but failed. For Andy was behind him the whole time and he had learnt boxing while in New York. He, without any hesitation, slammed his fist right into the man's stomach, causing him to curl up into a ball, in pain. 

 

"I am so sorry." Eric whispered to Hyesung, while wiping Hyesung's tears with his thumbs. "I should have rushed in earlier." Holding him in his arms, Eric could heard whimpers. 

Looks like Andy is right. We are fated to meet again. 

 

Andy, who has been watching from the back, whipped out his phone. Searching through his contacts he found JunJin's number and typed: 

I think you should come back home. There's some interesting stuffs going on in my brother's life. 

 


 

A/N: I hope this chapter doesn't offends anyone. I mean like you may think I generalise those who are mentally disabled by making them weak but that's not the case. 

Also, as I have been super busy with my projects, assignments and test, it's obvious I haven't written in a long time, my writing would have gone a bit rusty. So hope you guys can overlooked that. *Bows 90 degree*