Annyeong~

White Confession~♥

White Confession~ - Chapter 1 - Annyeong~ 

It was cold. He blew on his palms, trying to bring some warmth into his body, but the cold air seemed to get stronger and stronger with each breath he took. His brown orbs looked around the room he was in and scrunched his nose ever so slightly. This isn’t where he was suppose to be. 

To simply put it, the boy was lost. A hospital isn’t a place where a 6 year old ought to be in. He was in a hallway, somewhere where he hasn’t been before. The lady at the counter was different, the water cooler was somewhere else, and the rooms were counting up from 700 instead of 200. The hallway was covered in creamy white paint and the floor didn’t make a sound when he walked. 

With a slight pout, he got up from his seat (next to the heater), and started walking over to where the lady at the counter was, because, he’d hate to admit it, he was lost and needed help. 

His black sneakers found themselves in front of the counter. He craned his neck up so that he could see the lady and waved his left hand as high as he could. The counter was a little bit tall and whooshed past him in height. Not that he minded, he’ll grow, he knows that much. 

“You look a little young to be roaming the halls here! Now tell me what’s your name sweetheart.” 

The lady got up from her counter seat and crouched in front of the boy, patting his hair softly. She was dressed in starch white from head to toe. The boy scrunched his nose a little. 

“Myungsoo.” 

He hesitantly said. The lady’s face broke out into a wide grin, and she took Myungsoo’s hand before fully standing up, her knees cracking softly. 

Myungsoo’s soft brown eyes looked up at the nurse expectantly. 

“What’s your room number darling?” She asked softly, gazing down at the little boy’s head. 

“erhm.” 

Myungsoo dropped his head and stared at the floor hard. 

“I forgot.” He whispered softly. What if the lady couldn’t find the room number? What if he was left here forgotten by his parents and has to stay here forever? His eyes turned glassy as water filled up, threatening to spill at any moment. 

“Aigooo don’t cry darling, ahjumma will help you find your room okay? Right now, you can make a new friend okay?” 

Without waiting for an answer, the lady pulled Myungsoo over to room 777 and opened the handle before pushing Myungsoo into the room. 

“Sungjong-ahh! Someone’s here to play with you!” The nurse said, dragging Myungsoo to the bundle of blankets on the bed. Myungsoo blinked his eyes multiple times. The drastic change from white walls to bright pink walls was rather daunting. 

“Myungsoo-ah, I’ll go down and see if I can find your room number arraso?” 

Myungsoo nodded dumbly, his eyes glued to the blankets. The nurse smiled and left the room, the click clack of her high heels fading away. 

Silence prevailed around the room, so thick that you could cut it through with a knife. Myungsoo was uncomfortable. 

“Uhmm….hi?” 

The bundle of blankets rolled around to face Myungsoo. He then saw a small brown eye appear in the midst of the folds of sheets, staring back him. Myungsoo was taken aback. He was scared. He took one step back when the voice spoke. 

“Annyeong Myungsoo-sshi.” The voice spoke softly.  Myungsoo’s eyes softened a bit. He dragged his foot that he had pulled back before next to his other foot and waved shyly at the eye. 

The voice giggled a bit. Then, the little person pulled the pink sheets off itself and shook its head cutely, the brown locks of hair flicking back and forth. Myungsoo’s eyes widened every so slightly. 

She – she looked like a girl – stood up and pushed her IV stand next to her. She then took baby steps towards Myungsoo. When she stopped, she bowed deeply and giggled. Myungsoo smiled. She’s cute. 

The girl then clasped her hands to and started giggling again, embarrassed by what she had just done. She then rushed forward and grabbed Myungsoo’s hands, dragging him to her bed. She hopped in and motioned for Myungsoo to come. 

Myungsoo clumsily climbed onto the bed and carefully looked around the room. The room was fully stocked with stuffed animals, drawing pads and other things that a kid would have. The IV stand was positioned between the table top desk and the bed, a needle carefully inserted into her soft skin. Myungsoo felt sad. Why does she need an IV? Is she really that sick? 

“How old are you hyung?” 

The voice broke Myungsoo out of his trance. He looked back at the girl with a puzzled look. 

“H-hyung? Aren’t you a girl?” He stuttered. 

The girl...or boy in this case, pouted and shook his head roughly. 

"Ani, I'm a boy. I'm 4!" 

Myungsoo cocked his head sideways and drew his lips in. How can a 4 year old boy look like a girl? And look so cute at the same time? 

"Mianhe..." He said uncertainly. 

The boys eyes widened and sparkled and he grabbed Myungsoo's hand. 

"Gwenchana hyung, how old are you?" He asked excietedly. 

"I'm 5..." Myungsoo said quitely. He was shocked at the boy's bright personality. How can someone be so happy while in hospital? Myungsoo cleared his throat out. "What's your name again?" 

"Sungjong." He said inbetween smiles. He liked his new friend. 

"Want to play with me?" Sungjong asked carefully. He didn't want to scare his new friend, expecially someone as nice as he. A lot of kids shy away from him after they figure out his illness and he didn't want to scare Myungsoo hyung away. 

Myungsoo nodded his head. He was lost anyway, so a bit of play wouldn't hurt right? 

Sungjong squealed and clapped his hands together, the warmth of his hand leaving Myungsoo. Sungjong grabbed his notebook that was on the tabletop and tore out two sheets of paper. He then handed one to Myungsoo and set the other piece of paper infront of him. 

"Do you know how to make paper cranes?" Myungsoo nodded. He's been practicing, for his mother, who was diagnosed with typhoid fever. Something you shouldn't get these days. 

Myungsoo got set to work, folding the pages carefully, trying not to crease the soft paper. His nose slightly scrunched, he cocked his head to one side while folding again. Sungjong on the other hand, didn't know how to make a paper crane, and while trying to follow Myungsoo in making one, tore the soft creases that he made on the paper. Sungjong pouted. This is hard. He set his ruined paper to one side and watched Myungsoo carefully. 

When he was done, he lifted the crana carefully and put it on the table top. It's head was perfectly poised and the wings were stiff and straight. Myungsoo smiled. He then looked at Sungjong, who was looking at the crane in facination. 

"You can keep it." Myungsoo said pointing at the crane. Sungjong's eyes widened. 

"Really?" Sungjong asked, his eyes on Myungsoo. 

Myungsoo smiled at Sungjong's innocence. He's cute. He nodded in response. Sungjong clapped his hands together and lept up from under the bed covers. He threw his arms around the older's neck, pulling him into a tight embrace. 

Myungsoo was alarmed. He never recieved a hug in a long time. It feels nice. To be hugged like this. Myungsoo gingerly wrapped his arms around Sungjong's waist. 

"Myungsoo ah! I found your room number!!" The door opened with a loud bang as the nurse from before strutted in. 

"AIIIGOOOOOOO ARE YOU GUYS ALREADY HUGGING?? CUTEEEEEEEEEEE!!" She gushed as she walked towards the two boys, who have seperated when she started fangirling. They looked at each other and smirked. That nurse is weird. 

"Now Myungsoo ah, your room is 277 okay? Try and remember that honey." She wrapped her arms around Myungsoo's waist and lifted him up and down onto the floor. 

"Say goodbye Sungjong!" Sungjong waved enthusiastically. Myungsoo waved back gingerly, smiling softly. 

"Aiggooooo lets go." The nurse said, dragging Myungsoo out the door. Myungsoo smiled, this time wider. He hoped he could spend more time with Sungjong again. Cute...

 

A/N: Annyeong!~ Here's the first chapter <3 I didn't proof read it since I've been meaning to get this chapter posted up and everything so if you spot any mistakes feel free to let me know and I'll fix it up ^__^ I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and the next one will be coming soon!~ Also thanks so much for subscribing, commenting and upvoting it really gave me energy to write this up knowing that there'll be people who will actually be reading this <3 ^__^ Stay tuned!~