Chapter Two

Catch Me {hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2
Word Count: 1870
Date Posted: 1st of July 2014

 

Did he just say that? Am I deaf or...? Maybe I’m hearing things again.

 

She was about to confront him when the cable car opened its doors signalling them that they made it to the top.

"Were you saying something?" she hurriedly asked, tapping him slightly on the shoulder before they go out but Jungkook was in a rush as well pulling her out with him from the big vehicle.
 

 

Namsan Tower is famous for the memories it leaves to its visitors every single day. In a corner you'll see a rainbow of padlocks with variations of sizes and shapes. People would leave their padlock, with the wishes and promises they want to cherish and keep forever especially to something or someone very important in their life as they lock it.

 

Much to Ain's awe she didn't notice Jungkook leave her side. But instantly snapping out of her thoughts, he's still not there.

She hates to admit it. It might sound selfish. But she felt empty.
"I guess you're too excited to meet her then" she sighed, hugging herself from the cold breeze.

Even though Ain wanted to enjoy killing time with Jungkook – considering his absence – she'll do it by herself.

 

Ain made her way to the shop where she could buy padlocks, and the shop left her amused because of the locks she has seen. There were simple locks, colored locks, shaped locks and even couple locks! After looking through everything, she decided to buy the pastel blue circle-shaped lock. She went straight to the corner where the round tables are located and wished for one thing that she scribbled on the lock with a permanent pen.

Finding the best place on where to put her lock, she excitedly closed her eyes and whispered her wish again as she smiled to her content.

 

*Click* and she locked it.

 

An hour later, Ain grew tired that her legs felt a bit wobbly. She felt hungry too, and she thought Jungkook might have forgotten she’s with him when he came here. Although she’s a bit hesitant, she decided to ride the next cable car on the way back down.

It was really cold considering they’re at the top of the tall building. She breathed hot air on both her palms to keep her warm from waiting until the next ride can be seen coming closer to where she is. Suddenly, a pull on her arm stopped her from going in making her turn around to whom it is.

 

“Ya, where are you going?” her eyes widen seeing him in front of her, but to keep her composure she faced him going back with a straight face. Just earlier, she was the one taken aback, but now it was the other way around with one reply.

 

“Home. I’m tired. I’m hungry. I’m cold!” She looked away, not daring to get a glimpse of his face before she changes her mind. She turned around again, and tried to loosen his grip from her arm but Jungkook just doesn’t give up that easily. He’s just as stubborn as he is.

 

“You’re leaving me here?”

 

She glared at this statement, pissed because as far as she knows, she’s the one supposed to be the one saying that the time they arrived.

 

“Mind you, aren’t you the one who left me without a word?”

 

Silence was all Jungkook could respond, and she knows what she said was right. Unfortunately, Ain missed the ride, so she has to wait for the other to arrive. There were no people waiting along with them making them alone. Jungkook was just there, standing motionless.

Ain was still waiting for any sound from him but there was none so she tried to point out that terrible feeling she get without showing a hint of how she truly feels about him.

 

Maybe I was being too harsh on him?

 

“You know, you should have given me a heads up that you’ll be that busy,” her back still facing Jungkook. She doesn’t see him, but she knows he’s there... listening.

“I mean, what am I, a chaperon? Jungkook this isn’t a joke, okay. You could’ve at least treated me a snack or something

“I know you’re meeting her but you asked me to come too! So I should be–“

 

She widened her eyes in shock when a pair of arms slid around her waist from behind.

 

It was Jungkook, obviously. It felt warm and cuddly and... sweet that she almost forgot everything she just said.

She admits, she’s been dreaming of experiencing this for a long time after watching tons of dramas and she had always thought of what it would feel like being backhugged by the person you like. She heard from her friends that it felt so cozy and secure and warm... all the things Ain just wanted to feel. Although her aunt is there to support her, sh

Please log in to read the full chapter