three

Moments like these
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

01.

 

It’s been exactly a week since the kiss and So Eun is still avoiding him in every possible way. She doesn’t take his calls, replies his messages nor opens the door when he happens to drop by. It’s been a week full of confusion and devastation, the part where she shows no intention of contacting him at all infuriates him the most, almost driving him up the walls.

He was determined to take it easy and let it run its course. It didn’t bother him when she completely  ignored him the first few days. It was understandable because even he found it hard to process in some certain ways. On the fourth day, however, he started bombarding her phone with endless phone calls, anxious text messages and miserable voice mails. When there was still nothing from her on the sixth day, he made it a point to pay her a visit, knocking on her door for hours- pleading and begging her to open the door. When a neighbor peeked out of her apartment, asking him to leave and adding a threat that she’d call the police if he didn’t, Junho left unwillingly, looking back at So Eun’s apartment door every now and then until he took the corner, making for the elevator.

On the seventh day, he’s so tired of dealing with his personal issues on his own that he breaks the news to Nichkhun as they’re both lying in bed after an exhausting day.

“I think So Eun and I are done.” His voice is barely above a whisper, even a little shaky.

“What?” Nichkhun grumbles, turning slightly to the side to face Junho from the other side of the room. “Is this supposed to sound funny?”

“I kissed her.” Junho confesses, avoiding Nichkhun’s eyes at all costs.

“What?” Nichkhun exclaims, sitting up immediately while his hands reach for the lightning switcher. “You did what?”

“I kissed her. A week ago.” Junho mumbles, rolling his eyes. He’s starting to regret bringing up this issue, he regrets ever thinking of making a conversation about this with Nichkhun.

“Must have been a bad kiss.” Nichkhun throws in, tactfully ducking his head to miss the pillow that is heading to his direction.

“I don’t know...” Junho groans, leaning his head against the wall. “She’s not talking to me and avoiding me as if I were a ghost. It’s awful.”

“I’m sorry.” Nichkhun concedes, trying to stifle his laugh. “I’m just surprised you could muster enough encouragement for a kiss. Doesn’t really sound like you if you ask me.”

“Wait.” Nichkhun shouts, shooting him a glare. “A week ago? You kissed her a week ago and now you decide to tell me? What were you thinking?”

“I was waiting for her to show up so that we could work things out...”

 

//

 

So Eun draws her breath, raising her quivering fist to knock against the wooden door. Her heart beat escalates dangerously as she hears shuffles from inside the house. There’s a faint mumble until the door is finally yanked open.

“So Eun?” Kim Bum asks, peering out of his door.

“Oh, hi.” She waves her hands awkwardly and bites her lips. “I didn’t know where to go. I’m in dire need to talk to someone and you crossed my mind...” She trails off slightly, shifting her weight from one feet to the other.

“Sure.” He says a bit surprised and holds the door open for her. “Come in.”

//

 

“You jerk.” Taecyeon shouts, folding his arms in the front with an exasperated huff.

“Right.” Wooyoung chimes in, throwing another glare at Junho.

“You go around kissing a girl and decide to tell us after a week.” Junsu adds, shaking his head slightly in disdain while the others nod their heads in agreement.

“A whole week as in 7 days.” Chansung ponders loudly, not forgetting to give Junho a shove.

“Serves you right, bro.” Nichkhun grins and shrugs nonchalantly.

Junho lets out a sigh and starts telling his brothers the whole story, from beginning to end without leaving out any detail. Nichkhun’s decided to make an intervention and the six of them gathered in the living room with five of them shooting Junho death glares is the result. After an hour, they’re finally able to put two and two together.

“Okay...” Wooyoung says at length, contemplating the words carefully in his head. “There are two possibilities. Either she loves you or she doesn’t.”

Junho rolls his eyes. “I know that already.”

“Talk to her.” Taecyeon offers, earning a snort fro

Please log in to read the full chapter