Moments like these (Interval)

Moments like these
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

05. Tv-shows: How I Met Your Mother

Junho remembers how the end of her (their) favorite Tv-show left her feeling devastated for days. The show started off as her favorite one, turned into his favorite when she introduced him to the fandom and later into their own thing.

The other 2PM members, however, aren’t that fond of the show, groaning hysterically whenever she comes over with a few DVDs of the show under her arm. They would complain about the noise these two make everytime they watch it together, from the loud arguments in between to the laughters that come right after.

“It’s, well, not the kind of ending I expected.” She mumbles, burying her face into the pillow she’s been hugging, not daring to mention the Barney-and-Robin-did-not-end-up-together thing.

“Well, the show is still a great one, don’t you think?” Junho tries weakly, ruffling her hair to make her look up.

“We had great moments together thanks to the show.” He adds with a smile. “And thinking again about it. Life is never the way we expect, maybe the show was trying to reflect that fact too.”

So Eun turns to look at him, lips pressed together forming a thin line. “I still don’t like the ending though.” She scrunches up her nose cutely. “But I have to admit, the show was great. It was our thing.” She grins, eyes still glistening from the tears that threaten to brim over.

 

04. Reality shows: Masterchef US

If there is one kind of reality shows they both dig, it must definitely be cooking shows. They could spend hours on end watching cooking shows without getting bored. So Eun loves cooking and Junho, as it seems, isn’t a bad cook himself.

“I once took cooking classes back in middle school.” Junho tells her while moving around in the kitchen.

“I doubt it’s enough.” She laughs, standing up to offer him some help.

“No no no.” He swats her hand away and pushes her back to the kitchen table. “I’m cooking for you and the boys today. Either you sit there and wait or you can go home and cook something for yourself.”

It’s become quite another tradition of them to experiment on new recipes, recipes they had to scribble down whenever there’s an interesting dish being made on the show. It’s funny how there are notebooks and pens surrounding them everytime they turn on Masterchef.

This time Junho fails miserably, almost burning down the kitchen.

“Can’t help it.” Junho shrugs innocently, nudging her on the arm. “You can be quite a distraction sometimes.”

They all end up having delivered pizza for dinner. And the fact that Junho almost burned down the kitchen became a joke the boys would tell him everytime he attempts to try out something new.

Please log in to read the full chapter