Kiss Day & Christmas Day

Crush
June 14, Kiss Day
 
 
“And for the assignments, you can check your partners at the notice board. I'll be expecting your reports on my desk by the due time. Have a good day.”
The teacher finishes her lessons and walks out of the room.
 
_ * _
 
‘Lee TaeMin, Lee TaeMin..’
I'm mentally chanting my name inside my head while sliding my fingers on the notice board.
"Jung MinAh..” is written next to my name. She is going to be my partner.
 
“Are you Lee TaeMin?” A pretty girl with her long golden blonde hair clipped with a red bow, asked me. She must be Jung MinAh.
 
“I am, Lee TaeMin.” I extend my hand for a handshake. She greets back and shaks my hand. “Jung MinAh.”
 
“Which class are you from? I’m from 12-3.” She asks me.
“I’m from class 12-1,” I reply.
 
_ * _
 
I’m standing in front of the gate of our school building. It is raining today and NaRae had asked me if I could walk her home with my umbrella again.
It has been 15 minutes since the agreed time, I held my breath, it can’t be that she’s cancelling without even telling me right?
 
From afar I can see NaRae waves her hand to a guy whom I find familiar. It's Yoon HyunShik, the guy who used to bully me in my first day of school. I smile bitterly. Why does it has to be him? Out of all guys, HyunShik has to be NaRae's partner?
 
“TaeMin? Are you still waiting for me here? I've already told YunJae to inform you that I have extra work with HyunShik so you don’t need to wait for me.” NaRae looks surprised to see me here, waiting for her. Damnit YunJae, you didn’t tell me!
 
“Well, he didn't tell me anything, so I thought you’re just running late. Can we can go now?” I opened my umbrella and walk to her side.
 
Just like the last time, the rain is pouring very hard. My bag's practically drenched because I'm trying to make NaRae to be as dry as possible. Since when I become so caring towards people, huh?
 
“So, i noticed that your partner is Jung Minah, am I right?”
The noise from the rain is making it hard for me to hear her voice.
“Yeah, how do you know?”
"The notice board," she replies while looking at me funny.
"Right..."
“That’s good then, you’ll have another female friend.” My gaze snaps to her when she says that and is that jealousy I see in her eyes? Nah, it can’t be.
“I used to be in the same class as her last year. She’s really pretty, don’t you think?”
Does she thinks that I like her?
 
We reach the front gate of her house.
 
“You’re bag is wet!” NaRae exclaims as she sees my bag at my side.
"You shouldn’t have walk me home, you know. I could’ve ask HyunShik,” she continues. I can now confirm that I  100% dislike that HyunShik guy now. I stay quiet while she keeps on talking about something that I couldn't grasp onto.
“NaRae..” She finally stops talking after I call out her name. She looked at me questioningly. I lean forward and kiss her forehead.
 
“Happy Kiss Day.”
 
_ * _
 
MinAh enters my classroom and looks around. I know she's looking for me to talk about the assignments that's due in two weeks. She crooks her neck side to side and when she finally spots me, she hurriedly skips to my seat.
 
“TaeMin-sshi, i want to talk to you!” She grabs a chair from another seat and pulls it in front of my table so she's now sitting right in front of me.
I put down my headset from my ears and close the book I was reading.
 
“What do you want to talk about?” I try to smile but it probably ends up a little creepy. I narrow my eyes to the nitizens inside my class. Are they seriously mocking me just because they see MinAh with me? Tch. Immatures.
 
“It's about the assignment, can we do it today?”
MinAh's voice is soft and gentle, different than NaRae’s which is prim and stern.
 
“Of course. We can do it in the library after school if you want.” I offer, but I already tell NaRae that we'll go home together today because she dowan't bring her umbrella wih her as it's raining, again.
MinAh nods and says she’ll be there after school.
 
I put on my headset again, but before I can turn the music on, NaRae talks to me. “Are you going home with MinAh today? If that’s so, I’ll just go and ask HyunShik to accompany me home.”
 
“No, I’m not going home with her. But I’ll probably be late and if you don’t want to wait, then yeah, you can go home with HyunShik.” I the music and continue to read my book.
 
_ * _
 
As you know, the whole class has agreed that we’ll have a Christmas party on the 25th. And for more information you can ask out class rep, NaRae.”
The teacher concludes and leaves the classroom.
 
_ * _
 
December 25, Christmas Day
 
 
Our Christmas party is being held at a restaurant, the whole place is very noisy and chaotic. We are all laughing at some jokes, and the atmosphere was very fun and, well, noisy. I look at the other end of the long table, NaRae's laughing with some other girls about something, it’s a really rare sight.
 
“Hey Lee TaeMin. You’re the newest kid in class, so you have to sing one song today to liven up the atmosphere!”
HyunShik who sits the opposite of me, suddenly yells and the whole class hears it. Now, they’re all applauding and urging me to come up on the stage and sing. I really hate that guy.
 
I'm trying to make an excuse, which I badly failed at.
“I can’t sing, my voice .”
“No one cares about your voice, just sing!”
YunJae beside me comments and everyone cheers. So much for a friend. At this kind of situation, there is no other way.
 
I drag myself up to the stage and tell them the only song that comes to my mind at the moment. I awkwardly make a speech.
“Please enjoy the song, bear with me because I’m not exactly a singer.”
 
The slow and soft melody comes out of the speakers. 'B1A4 Sandeul – Crush' is playing. As soon as I finish, cheers and applauses fill the entire room.
“Hey, Kang SangHyon. Tell us your crush or you have to sing one more song!”
That jerk HyunShik just never gets tired of teasing me, does he.
 
"말해봐 ! 말해봐 !(Tell us! Tell us!)"
 
Have they lost their minds? I sigh.
 
Sing one more song or tell them who’s my crush.. Well, the answer's pretty obvious.
 
One.
Two.
Three.
Here we go.
 
“NARAE, HAN NARAE! I LOVE YOU!”