Eye Contact

Admirer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third year wasn’t a joke; Daehyun got busy preparing for the final exam and college entrance test at once. He somehow got stressed but he promised not to be failed at anything. He believed that all subjects and lessons would help him to be ready welcoming the future. Besides, he enjoyed it all, no regret or disappointment even just a bit. Indeed his life was tiring and he often rambled but never been too much. He was thankful of everything he had right now. With school that would be over in months, college already waited for him and he got a job. He was satisfied with it and he was going to be serious doing it all.

Sunday was a free time for Daehyun. He would most probably sleep more than usual and woke up at noon. He could only do it once a week because his school stuffs didn’t let him to take a rest even just a bit. But now he wouldn’t be able to do it as much as usual because he didn’t have time for it anymore. No, Youngjae wasn’t dragging him to practice singing but he wanted to prepare himself better. He would be so disappointed if his first day of working wasn’t good enough for anyone. He was a perfectionism after all, he surely would do his best not only because of this was his job but also something he loved.

So after he woke up in the morning, he quickly took a bath and prepared to go to the usual park. He wanted to refresh his mind and hoped that the weather was bright so it could build his mood better.

 

~~~~

 

Every day was like a new day for Yongguk, Sunday wasn’t an exception. He thought that the day was perfect since many people went out to the public areas and he could happily capture the surrounding. His love for art and photography never faded though, he would like to explore it more and more. Just like his passion in music and writing lyrics that he would never been bored of.

As a routine, he would eat his favorite ramyun soon after he woke up. But crap, he couldn’t find any of it inside his cupboard. And then he realized that Himchan threw away all of his stock because the latter said that it wasn’t healthy and didn’t taste that great and blah blah blah. He hissed at the fact that it was almost noon and his stomach started to grumble wanting for food, ramyun for the exact. He usually would take a bath first before left his house but this time was an urgent situation and he didn’t have time for it.

So he decided to grab his hoodie and didn’t bother to change his sleeping pants into something nicer and dashed to the nearest convenience store.

 

~~~~

 

Just as he thought, the park was crowded even since in the morning, weekend indeed. He walked slowly, observing his surrounding with smile plastered on his face. He was thankful of the day, the great atmosphere, the fresh air, the overwhelming aura around him, and even for the empty seat he found in the middle of the crowd. Sighing in relief, he took a seat on the bench and just realized that he was facing the fountain. The calming sound of water mixed with some laughter of the kids there making the vibe nicer and he closed his eyes involuntarily, took all of it by his ears and felt it by his heart. It was amazingly calming and comfortable, just perfect for his liking.

“Daehyun!”

Then it came a familiar voice called for him and snapped all of the meditation steps he just started. He abruptly opened his eyes while groaning lowly and turned his head to the source.

“Geez so here you are!”

“Uh?”

“Don’t uh me, I was running here to find you!”

“What do you want?”

“Practice, silly! We’re gonna meet the pianist!”

And with a blink of eye, Daehyun felt himself was dragged out of the park by Youngjae while kept on mumbling something that he didn’t understand.

 

~~~~

 

The empty stomach made his pace quicker than usual and he just wanted to eat as soon as he found his meal. Entering the not so crowded store, he directly headed to the instant foods area and grabbed few cups of ramyun. He walked to the cashier but stopped on his track to take some cans of beer and a bottle of water. There were two people eating on the side and he couldn’t help but wanted to open the cup and eat it. He was never been this hurry for food, but this time felt so different.

In short story, he was succeeded to finally eat a cup of ramyun and he could smile now. He prepared to go back home with the stuffs he bought when he saw a grandmother got stumbled on something and nearly fell down. Instinctively he ran towards her and held her hands right before her knees met the floor.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter