Chapter 9: So Awkward

Marrying My Ex-Husband [EDITED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning...

"I heard you agreed to my mother" Donghae started the conversation as soon as Yoona placed the files on his desk. He was leaning by the bookshelf with a book in one hand, not looking at Yoona.

Yoona didn't say anything. Instead, she her heels and walks away from the office but stopped midway when Donghae spoke.

"Don't you turn your back away from me. I'm still your boss, remember?" he said and closed the book, placed it back to the bookshelf.
"I'm well-aware of that, thank you" Yoona said.

Donghae started walking towards her which made Yoona to step back until she felt the wall behind her and Donghae was in front of her, he placed both of his hands on the wall to block Yoona on both sides. (AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! I at descriptions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAHHHH!) 

"What did my mother say to convince you to marry me?" Donghae asked. "I'm actually curious on how did she managed to do so" he said.
"I thought we agreed to not speak of things that are not related to work" Yoona said.
"Well. Ms. Im, you see...this marriage is connected to work. When I married you, you won't just be known as my secretary but as the CEO's wife" Donghae said. "So, tell me. Tell me why agreed to this" he said.
"I miss Yeun Jae" Yoona answered, half-truth. She missed her son, yes but that's not the reason why she agreed. It was the secret that Mrs. Lee was holding about her.
"You miss Yeun Jae?" Donghae asked with disbelief.
"Yes, why do you think I didn't missed him? There's not a day I didn't think about him" Yoona said. "He's...my son, okay?" she said.
"Really now? He's your son?" Donghae mockingly said to Yoona before he gave her a serious expression. "Then, why did you leave? Me? Us? Yeun Jae? Why did you leave?" he asked. The seriousness of his voice is visible.

Yoona wanted to escape but Donghae is blocking her on doing so.

"Mr. Lee--"
"Do you have any idea how much I've---no, we've been through after you left?" Donghae said. Yoona can feel the hurt he feels just by listening to his voice.
"I--"
"You know why I sometimes hate myself?" Donghae asked her. He was looking at her intensely and his next words made her speechless.

"Because even though how much I want to hate you, I couldn't bring myself to hate you. Wanna know why? I'm still in-love with you"

'Why am I feeling this way? Damn it, Lee Donghae! I hate you! Why do you have to make feel this way again??'

One day has passed since that incident and they still didn't talk to each other.

"CEO, here are the files" Yoona said.
"Leave them on the desk" Donghae said, not looking at her.
"Yes, sir" Yoona said and put the files on the desk.

Just then, the door flung open and revealed Eunhyuk.

"Hae!" Eunhyuk called and then he saw Yoona near the desk. "Oh, sister-in-law, you're back!" he said and waves his hand.
"Sister...in....law?" Yoona asked.
"Wae? You're marrying Donghae so you're my sister-in-law again!" Eunhyuk said.

The room fell into silence after Eunhyuk said that.

"Uh, well...are you guys coming?" Eunhyuk changed the topic when he noticed both became uncomfortable by what he said.
"Where?"
"To Taeyeon-noona and Leeteuk-hyung's anniversary party!" Eunhyuk exclaimed.

He then looked at the two.

"What? You two don't know?" he asked.

"I can't wait to see their faces when the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter