A friend

Mission: Find The Queen

A girl was worried about being exposed. She moved around secretly, carefully avoiding the fighting mass of people. She heard a small noise escaping someones lips, and when she turned around, she saw one of those creatures pointing at her and calling others for help. Her eyes widened in fear, but she saw soldiers trying to stop their way with no avail.

She started running away from those slowly closing killers. They kept killing innocent citizens on their way to catch her, not giving a dman if it was a child or a woman. She was already exhausted, but she couldn't stop. They knew how to kill those evil things, but somehow they just couldn't stop them today. They seemed different, too strong and too invincible. No one won the fight against them, they were all slaughtered. 

When did they gain this kind of powers? she thought while running. "Your highness! Here, come. Hurry!" one of her guards said. She turned her head to the direction of the sound and started following his orders without a word. Soon she could hear a vivid scream from someone she loved deeply. A tear rolled down her cheek, but she had no time to stop and cry, or she could be killed too, so she just kept running. It wasn't you right? It couldn't be! I don't believe it, I.. I can't believe it! 

She finally reached a secret tunnel behind a painting and she stepped in, not hesitating even a bit. She was panting hard but soon, those who followed them, would find this passageway. Her guard called some others to accompany them and they followed her till the other end of the tunnel. They got away but there is no doubt that they will be found. They can't stop moving or the enemy could locate them. "We should head to the darkest part of the land." she said firmly, shocking her beloved guards. I know I could've met her today.. So did they.

 


 

Jieun's pov

I know this might sound crazy (it is, believe me) but I think I want to do this. Not because I want to find someone who we don't even know (now that's crazy) or because I like my teammates. Yeah, we aren't exactly in good terms. Yet, that is. I just.. Choose this rather than my old life. Of course, superpowers is a big plus! I'd like fire or water or healing power or.. teleportation! It would be so cool! 

I was still  sitting beside the table, grinning like a fool. "Jieun? Jieun? Hoy, earth to Jieun!"  Key called me. I came back to reality and Key was staring at me worriedly. "I tried calling you like, 100 times?" He said haughtily.

"Oh, sorry." I answered and grinned to him. I wondered how could I ask it without being rude but in the end, I just blurted it out. "So how does this superpower thingy work?" I asked, my voice rising excitedly. Key smirked.

"So that was what you were thinking? I thought you were dreaming of a hot boy." He said and ruffled my hair.

"Hey! Not my hair!" I screamed and he just shrugged. But thinking about hot boys isn't that bad either.. No, Jieun! Focus!

I snapped out of my thoughts just to hear Keys explanation. "Almost everyone that has magical blood, has some powers. But not all, like me. To know if you have powers or not, those powers must be activated. It will most likely hurt and you should stay away from people." He said quickly. It.. Hurts?  I wondered. Why would I want to do something that hurts? But I must... I shut my eyes tightly and whined. Key was shocked and thought I was hurting. "Jieun! Are you alright?" he asked obviously worried.

I opened my eyes and blinked couple of times. "Of course I am! If you don't include the mental stress you have given me... diva." I whispered the last word, but his eyes widenend in shock as if he heard. And he certainly did.

"Who are you calling a diva? You'd better take that back, young lady!" There it was again. The motherly tone that I missed more than anything. I didn't want him (or anyone else) to see my tears, so I turned my back to him. Why does he have this kind of effect to me? Even Marie didn't make me cry and she's a women for crying out loud!

Slowly I felt how his warm hand landed on my shoulder. It made me feel good even though I still cried. Thank god the computer nerds, oops my bad, guys left to eat lunch a moment ago. I didn't want anyone to see this, how I cried my eyes out. Actually this time, with Keys hand, I just stood there when the tears flowed freely down my cheeks.

"You jerk d-diva." I muttered. I heard his steps coming closer, he still had his warm hand on my shoulder, and soon he turned me around. There I was, showing myself crying like a little kid for my mom. I raised my hands to cover my embarrased face but in the end, he just lowered them and cupped my cheeks. I must look like an idiot now..

Key didn't mind me crying or that he's hands were wet with salty water now. He just smiled at me kindly and started comforting me. "It's okay to cry sometimes, but I'd really like to know who you cry for, so I know should I punch someone or cry with you." He said sweetly. I looked at him, confused.  I thought it for awhile. Should I tell him or should I not? It was really hard to decide at this point, but I guess the truth is the best option in these kind of situations.

"My mom.." I muttered nearly audible, but he was so close that I knew he heard me for sure. He nodded and out of nowhere gave me a big bear hug. He lifted me uo and spun me.

"So you need lots of love then!" he said. "I don't need to punch anyone, just hug you all the time and nag at you!" He said happily.

When he finally let go of me, I felt a bit dizzy. I saw him looking at me seriously, it was weird to see him like that, so I asked what's going on. "May I ask something personal?" He asked not answering my question. I nodded. "How long has she been dead?" He asked. My eyes widened and I pushed him away from sudden anger.

I started walking away slowly, almost not answering. Near the door I suddenly halted and clenched my hands into fists. I bit my inner cheek before saying, "14 years." I left the room, leaving him stunned. He deserved the truth..

I was still lost in the hallways when he found me. I honestly didn't even know why I had run away, why I had got mad. That jerk.. He brings up all my emotions... Wait, is that his power? His power is to leash all these hidden feelings? I stopped beside him and looked at his face features, trying to see if I was right. I got nothing, so I decided to ask it directly. "Is your superpower to find these freaking hidden emotions, that I don't want to have?! This only happens around you!" I said. My vision was getting blurry again, but he just knocked me in the head. "Ouch!" I whined and rubbed my head.

"Yah, pabo! Did you even listen me back there? I said I have no powers! I'm just good with people, you stupid little brat." He said offensed. I got mad after hearing him. I think he said that because he once wanted to have some cool superpowers, like I now, but got nothing else than a huge dissappointment. Right now, I didn't care, even if that was his reason. Only thing that mattered was that he called me a stupid brat!

"Moron." I stated.

"Idiot." He stated back.

"Ahjussi."

"Kid."

"Girl."

"Boy"

"Stuck up diva!" I said and stuck my tongue out. I saw how his eyes widened in shock and then he narrowed them accusingly.

"Young lady!" He said. This time, I didn't cry or try to run away. This time it made us both laugh and we laughed until it hurt, and even longer than that. It felt so nice. So nice to have someone to laugh with you, joke with you and to comfort you. Someone... Who is my friend.

Yes, Key was now my first friend.

 

 

I know this is an short update.. But hey, I made a double update! Thanks for someone's inspirating comment and the reaction to my updates ;) I love all my subscribers and can you believe it? I got new subscribers! Now I have 10 subscribers. Seriously, I want to thank you really much, so *bows* kamsahamnida~ So do you have any guesses regarding to this story? Does this update even make any sense? I know I haven't told the ages or anything but I might add them to foreword later or just add them in the other chapters :) I try to update soon, have a nice day and don't forget to subscribe and comment! <3