Final

Broken Hearts

When Leo saw the tears running down Hyuk’s face, he knew something really bad had happened.

He wasn’t the only one because N was right there, pulling the maknae into a rib cracking hug and asking what had happened. Ken and Hongbin were right behind their leader, both looking a little panicked to see Hyuk in such a state. They all knew that Hyuk wasn’t big on crying in front of people. The youngest liked to hide his emotions away, unwilling to burden anyone with personal problems that he thought were ‘no big deal.’ Ken took Hyuk from N’s arms, trying to comfort the crying boy the only way he knew how; jokes and his infectious laughter.

“Where is Ravi?” Hongbin asked, looking around for the rapper, “I thought you went looking for him?”

This just seemed to make Hyuk cry harder which in turn upset everyone else. All of them were thinking of the worse possible reasons for Hyuk being in such a state. Was Ravi hurt? Or was sick? Had he collapsed someplace and needed medics? There was one other possibility, but none of them wanted to go there.

“He-he,” Hyuk chocked out, “cheated. With-with--.” Hyuk couldn’t manage to get another word out because he was now crying to hard, the full weight of what he had witnessed crashing down on him.

Leo saw red.

“Leo,” N caught his arm before the vocalist could storm off in search of the rapper, “don’t.”

“Why the hell not?” Leo hissed and N looked slightly surprised by the use of language and the tone of voice he had used. Leo didn’t curse. He didn’t use such hateful tones. The fact that he had used both only stressed just how angry he was.

“Hyuk needs you,” Ken said, realizing N was a little too in shock to supply a fitting reason before Leo tried to leave again, “chasing down Ravi isn’t going to help him now.”

“He’s right,” Hongbin nodded, taking Hyuk from Ken so he could hug his best friend, “Hyukkie needs all of us right now.”

“Fine,” the vocal nodded, stealing Hyuk from the visual. He wrapped his arms tightly around the maknae, whispering softly into his ear that he was there and everything was going to be alright.

“I’m going to find managernim,” Ken said, “I think it’s best if Ravi goes home in a different car.”

“Right,” N nodded in agreement, “Leo and I will take Hyuk back to the dorm now and move his stuff out of their room.”

“I’ll help,” Hongbin offered and N agreed without any fight. None of them really wanted to be around Ravi at that moment after seeing their precious, sweet maknae cry like that over him.

--

In another part of the Music Bank building, Ravi sat down against a wall. The rapper stared at nothing, trying to figure out how this had happened. How had he managed to up the best thing in his life? Why had he done this to Hyuk? What the was wrong with him?

The past two months, he’d been flirting a lot with one of the female staff members at one of the music shows. It started as just harmless stuff, nothing to be worried about. Leo and N had both noticed first and neither was pleased. Then Hongbin took note and made a point of telling Ravi to knock it off. Ken had been next to warn him, telling him that Hyuk would be hurt once he noticed.

Truth was, Hyuk had already noticed. But the maknae had convinced himself that it was nothing. Ravi loved him, right? Not to mention Ravi liked guy and this staff member was defiantly a woman. So he didn’t have anything to worry about, right? Ravi was probably just trying to make him jealous because he thought that Hyuk’s jealous face was cute.

But then this had happened.

Ravi had been looking around backstage after VIXX preformed. He’d crossed paths with the staff woman he’d been flirting with and next thing he knew they were making out. Around the time she’d shoved her hand down his pants, they heard someone gasp. Pulling away as fast as he could, Ravi had only gotten a second to realize Hyuk had found him before the maknae was running away.

The staff member just shrugged it off and was about to go back to what she’d been doing, but Ravi told her to get lost. She’d huffed before walking away, muttering insults until she was out of sight. What she said didn’t affect him, though. Hyuk’s heartbroken look, however, destroyed him.

How had he let this happen?

--

“Come,” Ken said when Ravi finally got back to VIXX’s dressing room, “we’re going home.”

“Where is Hyuk?” Ravi asked, looking around in hopes of finding the maknae, “and everyone else? Are they waiting in the car?”

“They went home,” Ken replied and Ravi noticed how void of emotion the main vocal’s voice was. Ken never talked like that. If he was using that tone with Ravi, that must mean he knew what the rapper had done. If Ken knew, everyone else did too. They all probably hated his guts.

“Get in back,” Ken instructed once they got to the car before getting into the front passenger seat. Ravi did as told, hanging his head and not responding.

--

“How dare you do that to him!” N yelled.

Once Ravi had gotten inside the dorm, he’d been greeted by N and Hongbin. Both were glaring darkly at him and silently pointed to the couch. As the rapper made his way over, he glanced around in hopes of seeing Hyuk. The maknae was nowhere to be seen and Leo was also missing. Ravi recalled the older boys words from five months prior.

“But if you hurt him, I’ll be the first one to step in and take him from you.”

He didn’t think that Leo was moving in now. No, Leo had class and Hyuk was hurting too much. But once Hyuk’s heart didn’t hurt so much? Leo would take the maknae’s heart and Ravi would lose him forever. Something about that realization made Ravi realize just how badly he’d ed up. Before, he had hope that he could make everything alright with a few dozen apologies and a couple weeks of sleeping in his – their – room alone.

Now, he realized he might have lost Hyuk forever.

--

“It’s ok,” Leo whispered for what’s probably the millionth time, “it’s going to be ok, Hyukkie.”

“It hurts, hyung,” Hyuk replied between dry sobs – he’d run out of teats and Leo was very tempted to run to the kitchen to get the younger boy a glass of water. It will do him no good to become dehydrated.

“I know,” Leo just hugged Hyuk tighter to him, “I know. And I hate him for doing this to you.”

“I hate him,” Hyuk cried into Leo’s neck, “but I love him so much. It’s not fair, hyung. Why did he do this to me? Am I not special enough? Am I not good enough?”

“You’re perfect, Sanghyuk,” Leo argued, “you’re perfect, talented, wonderful, and kind. He’s just a fool who can’t see that.” It killed the vocal to see the one he loved asking such questioned. It pissed him off more than anything else in this world could to know that the one who had done this to Hyuk was in the next room.

Leo could hear N yelling. He hoped that the leader would hit the rapper, too. Right in the face. Or the balls. Either would do enough damage to keep Leo happy for at least a few days. After that? Who knows? Leo might see fit the beat some sence into Ravi’s head.

“You have to say that,” Hyuk sighs, pulling away and giving Leo a good look at his tear stained face, “we’re friends. And group mates.” Leo didn’t really hear him, too focused on Hyuk’s red nose and swollen, red eyes. The maknae looked like a mess.

“No I don’t,” Leo finally answered, “I wouldn’t lie to you. Not about something like that. Not when you’re hurting like this.”

“Thank you, hyung,” Hyuk whispered, pulling Leo into a hug.

The pair stayed like that until the younger fell asleep, arms wrapped tightly around each other. Leo slowly pulled away, resting Hyuk on his bed and tucking him in before leaving the room. N was still yelling at Ravi who made no attempt to defend himself. Part of Leo was incredibly pissed off by that.

“How is he?” Hongbin asked when he noticed Leo walking to the kitchen. Everyone else looked up, their eyes locking onto Leo.

“He finally stopped crying,” Leo replied, locking gazes with Ravi, “but mostly because he ran out of tears. He finally fell asleep out of exhaustion.”

Leo wasn’t a vindictive person. He didn’t like to take joy in other people’s suffering. But seeing the devastated look on Ravi’s face after hearing about Hyuk made him want to smile. In the vocal’s mind, the rapper deserved every second of pain. He wanted to see Ravi hurting just as much as Hyuk was. Actually, he wanted Ravi to hurt even more than Hyuk.

“Go to bed,” N sighed, turning back to Ravi, “I’m finished.”

“I’ll go check on Hyuk,” Hongbin said before leaving the room. Ken followed, taking the bottle of water Leo handed him as he passed. Both knew Hyuk would need a drink when he woke up.

“Come on,” N said, pulling Leo into the bedroom after him, “he’s not worth the trouble it will cause.”

Before the door shut behind him, Leo heard the first sob escape Ravi. Normally, Jung Taekwoon wasn’t a vindictive person, but hearing that noise brought a small smile to his face.

--

That night, Ravi cried himself to sleep in his bedroom, staring at the spot Hyuk’s bed normally sat. Leo fell asleep with Hyuk in his arms, N sleeping on the maknae’s other side so that they formed a shield of sorts around the youngest. Hongbin and Ken moved so their heads rested near the top of Hyuk’s head. They had both fought N for the spot the leader was sleeping in, but since they lost that fight this was the next best thing.

A/N: I feel awful about doing this to fictional Hyuk (and fictional Ravi for that matter. Just FYI, Ravi always struck me as the loyal type, for both friendships and romantic relationships so writing a ‘he cheated’ scenario was kind of hard to do without feeling horrible……..I still feel bad, though). But I never learned how to say ‘no’ to the plot bunny when he comes knocking with a plot (that’s why I have a pile of unfinished stories on my laptop and external harddrive).