I Can See Myself In You

Shade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4 I Can See Myself In You

 

After failing several times to open the door, she finally could turn the key into the lock. Not that there was a problem with the lock but it was her mind that kept slipping elsewhere. She was distracted with something else.

The iron knob was frigid. A cool air hit her in her imagination as she stood in front of the open door. She shivered. The weather was less chilly than the previous hours and her house was surely warmer than outside, but her body's temperature was few degrees above freezing point and she wished she could return to the heat of the streets. Everything seemed cold. Lonely. She didn't want to walk in, she froze there watching her feet. She was fighting the urge to call Chanyeol, to ask him to come back after he had dropped her to her home.

Her home? That empty white box could be anything but a Home. It was only somewhere she could rest in, sleep, eat, watch a movie and laze around. As far as she could remember, the last time she felt at home had been 23 years ago, before that tragic accident that took her loved ones away. That cold lifeless domicile needed only one thing to make it warmer, livelier; a family.

The previous night she had decided to stay there the whole next day but she ended up wandering around with Chanyeol for hours. Chanyeol... If only he could be there. But she was hesitating whether to call him or not because he had spent the whole day with her and she didn't want to burden him again with her fears.

"Are you here, Ghost Guy?" She mumbled, her eyes wandering around looking for him.

She got no response. Why was she even searching for him? Why did she even believe that ghosts existed? Could it be that her imagination was playing tricks on her? Was it possible that the Ghost Guy never really existed? But she not only heard him so many times, she also felt his presence! He had been there with her for 3 whole months!

"Why are you not here? Are you going to leave me too? I need to know at least who you are. I want to know... Tell me..." she uttered. She never got an answer to her question but, that night she heard something else instead. The ghost Guy never really talked to her, he had never said anything apart her name, and even if she had asked him many times to leave, she never truly wanted him to. She only wanted to make sure she was not insane, but deep inside she wanted to believe that ghosts existed, and that there was actually one beside her all the time because, his voice had become a soothing music to her ears. She wanted to hear him again, she wanted him to tell her that he was not leaving.

"Thank you, MeiMei..." was the only thing she could hear. The last thing she could hear. He disappeared like foam eaten by the ocean's water. She never felt his presence again.

Her eyes became wet. She was not going to cry, she didn't want to. Why would she cry over someone she never knew the identity of? Why would she cry over a Ghost? The only thing she did not realize was that her tears had already started falling, travelling their way from her red tired eyes to the floor. She was going to be alone in that empty spooky place, again, and forever this time.

"You're still standing there? What have you been doing all this time? What are you waiting for?" She didn't bother to look around. She thought she was only imagining Chanyeol's voice. Yes, right at that moment, she missed him to the extent of hearing his illusory voice.

"What? You don't want to talk to me now?" His last words jolted her out of the trance she'd been in. She certainly was not dreaming this time. She turned around only to find him standing few meters away from her, short-winded, he was probably running back to find her.

"Are you... crying?" He asked worriedly. He was right. He knew her so well that he could sense she was not feeling good before he left, and he immediately regretted being so stupid and leaving her alone.

"No.. I am not." She lowered her gaze avoiding his eyes.

"You are crying, Meili." He had been trying to get used to her new name since years, but when he was concerned about her, he could only call her with her original name. He couldn't pretend.

"I am sorry Chanyeol! I'm so sorry you have to deal with my problems every time and..." she didn't know when he had come closer to her, she just found herself rapped in his long arms, he was patting her on the back, consoling her only with his fondness. She felt secure again, and she started crying again, heavily, she didn't want to stop the tears this time. She was crying her eyes out.

"Let's go home" he said while leading her inside the house.

Chanyeol decided to spend the night with her. He was not going to leave her in that sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter