Husband And Kids? Aish... (2/2)

Of Tiring Schedules and Parallel Universes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as they got to their room, Sunwoo shut the door (struggling extensively to complete the task) and sat on his bed, opposite Junghwan.

 

“Hwannie, can I ask you something?” Sunwoo started nervously.

 

Junghwan nodded, duck lips pursed.

 

“So last night I dreamed something a little weird. But it didn't feel like a dream. It felt really real.”

 

Junghwan's eyes widened. “I think I dreamed the same thing. We were pop stars, right?”

 

Sunwoo bobbed his head.”Yeah! You and me and Channie and Jinyoung umma and Shinwoo appa... But it feels weird to call them umma and appa. We called them hyung in the dream, right? And we were all grown up. We were big boys. Not little ones...” Said Sunwoo, demonstrating 'little' with his forefinger and his thumb, tilting his face, his head starting to feel mysteriously cloudy.

 

“Neh. And I was a singer... and you were...” Junghwan sighed, his eyelids drooping from a sudden extreme inexplicable drowsiness that came over the both of them.

 

“Junghwannie... I'm sleeeeepyyy...”

 

“Me too, Sunwoooooooo...”

 

Thirty seconds later, the two four-year-olds had fallen unconscious on the bed.

 

~

 

“Okay Shinwoo. Remember what I said in the kitchen?” Asked Jinyoung, stopping in front of the boys' bedroom door.

 

“Before or after you turned into a human faucet?” Smirked Dongwoo. The second he discovered Jinyoung was okay with skinships like hugging and cheek-kissing (by observing Jinyoung's blush and lack of protest- that Dongwoo did not expect- after the little incident in the kitchen), his confidence as well as his cheekiness had taken a leap to the moon, something Jinyoung was silently simultaneously cursing and thanking.

 

“Shut up. I was talking about what to tell Sunwoo and Junghwan.” Jinyoung grumbled, turning red.

 

“Youngie's all embarrassed!” Dongwoo sang, quickly swiping a thumb over his friend's burning cheek only to have it slapped away by a very bony and irritated hand.

 

“Ugh.” Was all Jinyoung said, before pushing open the door...

 

… And passing out at the sight of his two little boys passed out.

 

Before he could hit the ground however, he was caught by Dongwoo, who almost dropped him again because of how light he was. Effortlessly picking him up bridal-style and carefully placing him on Junghwan's empty bed, he turned to face the two sleeping boys and paled. What'd happened to them? Slowly, he placed his hands on each of their foreheads. Their temperatures were normal. He raced to get a glass of water from the bathroom, returning with it to splash a few drops on his husband's and his sons' faces. Jinyoung shot up as if he was being chased by a psychotic murderer, but immediately started quivering from seeing the boys sprawled out unconscious on Sunwoo's bed.

 

“Sh- Shinwoo. What d- do we do?” Asked Jinyoung, tenderly petting Sunwoo's head and brushing the hair out of his eyes.

 

“Sit here and wait for them to wake up, I guess. I say if they're not up in the next thirty minutes, we take them to a doctor.” Said Dongwoo, lifting Junghwan and putting him on his own bed. He then went to Jinyoung, hugging him because he knew it was during difficult situations like these that Jinyoung most needed another person.

 

And Jinyoung was thankful.

 

After he stopped trembling, he went to sit by Junghwan's bed, Dongwoo doing the same to Sunwoo.

 

They resigned themselves to wait.

 

~

 

Exactly thirty minutes later, just as Jinyoung was beginning to hyperventilate, identical whines were heard from either side of the room.

 

“SUNWOO! JUNGHWAN!” Jinyoung shrieked, squeezing Junghwan tight as soon as he regained consciousness.

 

Dongwoo sighed in relief, releasing a breath that he didn't even know he'd been holding and wiping his forehead of the tiny sweat droplets that had gathered there. He hugged Sunwoo protectively, kissing his cheek.

 

Jinyoung was smothering Junghwan's face with kisses, overly-worried about the state of his son.

 

“Umma! Stop!” Junghwan giggled, playfully swatting his mother's hands away, while Sunwoo asked, “Appa, umma, what happened?”

 

Jinyoung and Dongwoo froze and looked at each other.

 

Sunwoo had called them umma and appa instead of hyung.

 

“Sunwoo... we're your parents, right?” Began Dongwoo cautiously. He had a nagging feeling in the back of his head that somehow, the twins' unconscious episode had made them forget their idol life.

 

“Yeah. You're my appa and you're my umma.” Said Sunwoo, pointing to Dongwoo and Jinyoung in turn.

 

“And where do you live?” Asked Jinyoung, picking up on Dongwoo's intuition.

 

“L.A. You said the reason you and appa moved here is so we could have more opp-opper... opper-tui-ties, right?” Junghwan said.

 

“The word is 'opportunities', Junghwan.” Dongwoo said, chuckling.

 

“Opportunities. Okay.”

 

“What about your friends?” Jinyoung continued. He recalled seeing a picture on the fridge of his boys and a group of children, their names neatly lining the edge of the picture in black permanent marker. American names: Maria, Joyce, Connor, Juliette...

 

“Ooh!” Sunwoo said excitedly, clapping his hands, “Can we go see Joyce and Brian today umma? They said that their new jungle gym is coming in and that they wanted me to come over and try it out with them! Can we go umma? Can we, can we, can we, can we-”

 

“No! That's unfair because I promised Maya I'd come over today!” Junghwan cut off his brother. “She said that her and her mom were making cookies and she wanted me to come help!”

 

“Come on Hwannie! Joyce and Brian are funner!”

 

Before Junghwan could open his mouth to counter-attack and Dongwoo could point out that 'funner' was not actually a word, Jinyoung stepped in to make peace.

 

“How about this? I'll drop Junghwan off at Maya's and then drive you over to Joyce's house? That way, the both of you guys can meet your friends. Okay, Sunwoo?” Jinyoung said, in a slow and understanding voice, successfully quieting the bickering children.

 

“Okay, umma.” Sunwoo agreed, nodding.

 

“Okay then, get changed and ready. And if I hear another sound of an argument from this room...” Jinyoung trailed off, looking stern.

 

The twins immediately stood and made a motion of zipping their lips shut.

 

“Good boys. Now hurry up if you want to get there soon!” Jinyoung said, dragging a gaping Dongwoo out of the bedroom.

 

~

Dongwoo was amazed. He never expected Jinyoung's ability with children to be at such a high level. Even during their Hello Baby, his skill with Eunsol and Hyunwoo wasn't the greatest. Sure, he could cook and provide basic necessities for them, but handling their arguments? Comforting them? Dongwoo was being introduced to a whole new side of Jinyoung and although he would never admit it, he liked it.

 

“You were right.” Jinyoung beamed (momentarily blinding Dongwoo with its brilliance), once the two were safely behind the closed door of the master bedroom.

 

“About...?” Dongwoo asked. “I'm right about a lot of things.” He added, cockily.

 

“Ugh. Why am I even married to you.” Jinyoung said flatly, rolling his eyes. “About how them passing out made them forget everything. Thank goodness. They're only four. I didn't want them to burden themselves about thinking about their lost idol life. They can be normal kids now. Thank you, oh magical being that made all of this happen.” Jinyoung sighed. Everything was alright.

 

Not knowing what to do or say, Dongwoo put his hand up and smiled.

 

And Jinyoung high-fived it.

 

~

 

“Yay! Maya's Maya's Maya's!” Junghwan chanted from the middle seats. Sunwoo just crossed his arms and stared out the window at the houses and scenery, mad because Junghwan got to go to his friend's house first.

 

Chansik just burped from his carseat in the back.

 

“Hey Junghwan? Why don't we play a game? Instead of me just driving you there, why don't you tell me the directions to get to Maya's house?” Jinyoung suggested. Honestly, he didn't have the slightest clue as to where to go, but judging from Junghwan's behavior and his non-stop chatter about his 'best friend forever Maya', he deduced that Junghwan may know the directions from having been taken there countless times.

 

“Okay!” Junghwan said brightly. “Umma, you just have to go over that hill over there,” pointing straight ahead at the end of the long street, “And Maya's house is the colorful and pretty one with the garden!” Junghwan said, clapping his hands at the thought of the pretty house.

 

“Alright. Buckle up everybody!” Jinyoung said, starting the car. He didn't doubt his driving skills because he was due to get a license in Korea anyway, before all of... this happened.

 

Pulling up in front of Maya's blue, pink, and purple house, Jinyoung twisted in his seat to face the pouting twin. “Sunwoo-ah, sit tight in the car with appa and Channie, and I'll be back real quick, arasso?” Frowning, and noticing the anger with which Sunwoo nodded his head, he decided to lighten his mood by also saying, “And don't let them get into any trouble, alright? You're the king of the car for a few minutes. Make sure appa and Chansik stay in their seats and don't wander around.”

 

At that, Sunwoo grinned toothily and said, “Okay appa? I'm king of the car! Umma said so! So you can't leave your seat!”

 

Dongwoo, playing along as Jinyoung unbuckled Junghwan and helped him out of the car, pretended to unbuckle his seat belt and open the door to leave, “But I want to leave, King Sunwoo. Please?” He said, smiling a bit at how fast Jinyoung was able to change Sunwoo's mood.

 

“No! You can't!” Sunwoo shrieked as he giggled, trying to reach the front passenger seat to grab his father's shoulders and force him to stay. In the background, Chansik witnessed all this with a gummy smile and periodic claps from his tiny hands. He looked the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter