A Is For Amazing

Of Tiring Schedules and Parallel Universes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I proudly present... THE FIRST LETTER OF THE ALPHABET! So, I apologize for it being kind of short and all... And I'm not hating on any Western boy bands or solo artists, just to be clear. Its purely for the purpose of the story and if you don't know what I'm talking about you soon will after you read the chapter. Also, this takes place right after the previous chapter, to clear up any confusion. SO enjoy, subscribe, upvote and comment! :) Thanks for reading!

~

“Stop it.”

 

“Why? It's fun.”

 

“I'm serious. Stop it.”

 

“Okay, fine. Geez Youngie, you're no fun.” Dongwoo pouted. Jinyoung simply smiled and snuggled further into Dongwoo's broad chest, because his new boyfriend/husband/unlabeled relationship partner was just being to cute for him right now.

 

And Dongwoo was usually never cute. So this was some serious aegyo.

 

Jinyoung sighed happily. He had the man of his dreams, who happened to be in love with him too, and three beautiful children who, even though it was less than a day since they were officially his kids, he treasured more than anything.

 

Nothing could ruin this moment right now, except-

 

“Shin. Dong. Woo. I swear to God if you don't stop that infernal finger movement you call 'tickling', I'll make sure your body is cold and six feet under and your head is on a spit.” Jinyoung wasn't ticklish. At all. In fact, he even got irritated when people assumed he was and tried to tickle him, resulting in a very unamused expression from those fox eyes and innumerable swats from those skinny hands. Dongwoo knew this very well, therefore he decided to evoke the annoyed side of his husband by attempting to tickle his neck, and failing.

 

“Nah. You couldn't.” Dongwoo confidently scoffed.

 

“And why not? We both know that I'm perfectly capable of it.” Jinyoung smirked.

 

“Becaaaaauseeee...” Dongwoo drawled, moving closer to Jinyoung's ear, “We both know you love this body too much to share it with even the ground, and the only way this body can perform well enough to make you drool is with this glorious head attached to it.” He whispered, letting his warm breath ghost over the shell of Jinyoung's ear and making him shiver and slightly stiffen... elsewhere.

 

Immediately he shot up, blushing immensely. “I have- um- stuff... to do... so- uh- yeah... bye!” Jinyoung stuttered, scampering out of the room and up the stairs.

 

Dongwoo got up from the sofa, stretching himself out and chuckling.

 

“Waaaaaay too cute.”

 

~

 

Minutes later, Jinyoung emerged from the master bathroom after taking care of his little... problem by thinking about the saddest and worst humanitarian crimes on the planet, successfully softening it (and crying a little bit because of the sad thoughts in the process) without having to go through a round. As he walked out of the bedroom, a piece of bright, white paper lying on the bed caught his eye.

 

He moved towards it, absolutely sure it hadn't been there before. Puzzled as to what the folded-up piece of paper might contain, he yelled for his husband.

 

“Shinwoooooo!” He called, loud enough so Dongwoo could hear from downstairs but soft enough to keep from waking Chansik up.

 

A few seconds later, a long-haired man peeked into their bedroom holding a bitten-into apple. “Neh, aegi?”

 

Blushing at the new nickname, at the same time shaking his head because of Dongwoo's perpetual health-conscious ways, he beckoned him over.

 

“Was that there before?” He asked, pointing at the current object of his curiosity.

 

Scratching his neck and picking up the paper while setting down the fruit in his hands, Dongwoo shook his head.

 

“Nope, but let's see what it says.”

 

Dongwoo opened it up, and began to read aloud.

 

“Dear Shin Dongwoo and Shin Jinyoung,

 

I'm so sorry. You all must be terribly confused by now. Let me introduce myself. My name is Park Jae-Sang. But you may know me by my stage name, PSY. I'll try my best to explain the situation to you, but you must understand that this was completely an accident and wasn't meant to happen.

 

I... Well, there's no easy way to say this, but I'm a Detector. In case you haven't heard the term before (and I'm sure you haven't because it's oh-so-rare), Detectors are people who can read thoughts and make them come true if they wish and if the thought happens to be a true heart's desire. No, we are not fairy godmothers or genies, thank you very much, but you may think of us as desire-fulfillers.”

 

“Huh? PSY-sunbaenim is magic?” Jinyoung gasped, looking like a timid little child.

 

Dongwoo just smiled and continued.

 

“Sometimes, a person may have a true heart's desire for a long period of time, like a wistful longing or a big ambition, or sometimes, a random wish may last for a few seconds with the same intensity of a desire, hence occasionally making it difficult to differentiate between what's supposed to be granted and what isn't.

 

Recently I realized the awareness of K-Pop in the global music scene is going down, and instead being dominated by talentless Western boy bands and solo artists. I wanted to do something about it, but, as you know, my powers mainly rest with the thoughts of people.

 

I decided to sift through the minds of some idols in my spare time. Seeing as I can't grant my own desire, I hoped that someone would be thinking the same way as me. Fortunately, I found Shinwoo with the same thoughts, and now, even though I realize it was just a passing wish, it was thought of with the strength of a desire, confusing me. I was on the verge of granting it, happy that by the next morning, the world would know of K-Pop and its treasures. But before I could do so, Shinwoo got distracted by you, Jinyoung.”

 

Jinyoung blushed.

 

“So, idly, I jumped to your mind and saw a powerful, burning desire within you. As my powers weren't in use and had been bottled up for so long, it was difficult for me to hold them back. My body told me to go ahead and grant your desire, while my consciousness told me not to- you guys were at the peak of your success as a band and I didn't want to ruin it.

 

Hastily, I jumped to another idol's mind to escape your desire. But I landed in exactly the same thing.

 

Key, or Kim Kibum of SHINee, possessed the same desire you wished for, Jinyoung, with an equal intensity. I had to get away from it.

 

I skipped to other minds hoping to escape the one desire that everyone seemed to want to come true. But G.O of MBLAQ and Hyunseong of Boyfriend weren't any better. The same thing, Jinyoung, the four of you desired the exact same thing. The thing that would erase all four of your highly popular bands from the matrix and the minds of people and wipe it clean, making you start all over again, this time in the future.

 

Eventually I was trapped by four powerful consciousnesses, with only one desire echoing throughout them, with the same burning thought to make it happen. I couldn't control my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter