It started from the end.

I already knew...

I looked up to him, right into his brown orbs and held my gaze. His eyes stared right back at mine. Emotionless. Cold. And just simply not caring. I wasn't affected by it, not in the slightest, even if I preferred his warmth filled eyes instead of these cold ones.

 

Gun pointed at me, cold pistol in hand, he said without a blink and with a voice dripping with no emotions "Any last words?".

 

He wasn't evil because he didn't smile at the sight of me cornered, he didn't smirk at the fact that I had nowhere to run. He was just plain emotionless, but I could tell.

 

I could tell… that he cared.

 

I didn't flinch at his words, at his voice or at his tone. It didn't surprise me and it didn't frighten me. I was prepared and I knew what he was capable of. And so I finally spoke after the minute long silence, I spoke and I… smiled.

 

"Remember the time we first met? You didn't know… But I already knew… everything."

 

***

Sitting by the stream, I dipped my feet into the cold running water of the stream. I could feel the presence of someone near-by, I could feel them walking towards me, but I didn't look up.

 

I was just a 13 year old girl, parentless. Family less and friendless. No allies. No connections. That was me, the lone wolf but a defenceless lamb on the outside.

 

I once had a mother and a father, they trained me from the moment I could walk until a year ago; to fight, to steal, to kill.

 

They tried to protect me, but they can't now. Not when they are no longer in this world. I didn't cry when the life in their eyes drained before me, I wanted to cry so bad, to scream to shout, to fight back but what could I do? They had trained me for so long, to hide my emotions and never let them out.

 

Even if I wanted to I couldn't.

 

I didn't look up when a pair of feet appeared before me and I didn't look up when the person those pair of feet belonged to spoke. "hey, I'm Hyuk. Let's be friends!" he said in a cheery tone.

 

I kept quiet and continue playing with the water, but he still didn't leave like I expected him to. He did what I didn't expect anyone to do to me.

 

He crouched down and looked directly in my eyes, forcing me to look back and see everything.

 

That was when I knew, that was when I already knew and that was when I smiled for the first time and said "sure. Let's be friends"

***

 

He looked at me confused but without his guard even the slightest bit down. "Knew what?"

 

I ignored his question and said "we were great friends, playing together, laughing together, stealing together…"

 

I gave me a stern look and said "Even if you talk on and delay what is bound to happen, you are just 'delaying' it. You aren't going to be able to persuade me out of this."

 

I laughed.

 

"I'm not persuading you, I'm not convincing you and I'm not making you feel guilty."

 

"I'm just letting you know, what I knew"