100th Day

100th Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Jiyong's POV]

 

“Come here you bunny!!”

 

“You can’t catch me! You’re so slow Jiyong!! Come on!”

 

I laughed with her as we are in the midst of chasing each other. Oh how I wish everyday will be like this. With me and her, having fun to our hearts content. I stopped running and just stood by looking at her. Her perfect smiles, her round eyes that tells everything about her beautiful soul, her long soft brown hair that I love to touch every time we cuddled up, her petite body that fits perfectly in my embrace. We’re a perfect match.

 

“Jiyong~~ Why are just staying there? Are you tired already? She asked me while looking at me with her innocent eyes.

 

I smiled at her at pull her into a hug. We stayed like that for some minutes taking in all that’s good that’s happening to us.

 

“Stop being so sentimental.”

 

“And cheesy.” She added as she pulled out from my embrace.

 

She looked at me, slowly reaching out for my face. I felt it. Her soft hands my face like I’m the most fragile thing in the world. I reached for her hands, clutching it and put it on my chest where my hearts at.

 

“You feel that?” I asked her and she nodded.

 

“You make me feel alive. With just you being here with me makes me feel alive.”

 

She smiled and nodded with understanding. I pulled her closer, leaning closer. Our noses touching each other, eyes saying so much that words can’t be said. Slowly I reached for her lips closing my eyes in the process. Then I felt her move and I heard her giggle. I opened my eyes and just in time she pulled her hand from my hold and started running away from me.

 

“Catch me first Ji! We’re still not done playing.” She said between laughter while running.

 

“Did you actually left me hanging?!! You’ll pay for it! Come here!”

 

I chased her. She’s sure fast for a girl or am I just so slow?

 

“Ahhhh! Urggggh! It hurts!”

 

Just then I saw her on the ground. Holding her head and there I knew she’s in pain.

 

“Oh my God Dara!” I ran to her and crouch down..

 

“Make it stop! The pain make it stop!!!!!!” She screamed as I held her.

 

“It will stop…” I assure her..

 

“NURSE!! Nurse! Someone?!! Anyone help!!!” I shouted for help and they better get here fast..

 

She looked up at me. And there I saw it. I saw fear in her eyes. I saw how hurt and lost she is right now.

 

“Get off me!!!” She screamed at me.

 

I tried to hold her more but she keeps pushing me away.

 

“Get off me!!! Who are you?!! Stop holding me!” She screamed some more trying to free herself from my hold.

 

Once she successfully freed her one hand, she was able to slap me and scratch me in the process but I did not let go.

 

“Help!!! Anyone!!! HELP ME!!!!!” She struggles some more.

 

“I’m Jiyong.. Dara… I’m your Jiyong.” I told her softly… I tried to touch her face but she swatted my hand with hers.

 

“D-dara?” She paused for a while and looked at me with questioning eyes.

 

Panic strikes in her and she started trashing again. “Who am I?!!! Who are you?!!! Why can’t I remember a thing?!!! Get—off—me!!! HELP!! SOMEONE!!!” She screamed panicking and I saw her crying. She’s crying for help. She’s crying for she’s afraid of me. I wanted to cry. I wanted to cry but I won’t. I promised her. I hugged her tight and she keeps hitting my back with her free hands. I endured the pain. I must for her.

 

Then I saw the nurses running on our way. And that’s the only time I let go of her. She run as fast as she can. She ran away from me, from my hold. I watched her as she tries to shove off the nurses but she’s out numbered. I saw one nurse took out an injection.

 

“Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!” She screamed. Surprised by the sudden contact of the needle.

 

And just by few seconds, the medicine took its effect and she passed out. I saw one of the nurses carry her back to the hospital as another nurse approached me.

 

“I’m sorry Jiyong. It just has to be one of those days.” She said to me.

 

“Isn’t she getting better? You told me a month ago she’s getting better!!!” I said angrily at her.

 

“She is… Trust me Jiyong… Compared to the other months that she can’t really remember you, now is somewhat a miracle that she remembers you for a week. Don’t you think that’s a good sign?”

 

I looked at her with understanding. I felt bad that I yelled at her. I shouldn’t be taking out my anger at Dara’s unfortunate disease towards this nurse.

 

“I’m sorry nurse Han. I j-just… Why is it have to be her?”

 

Yes. I keep asking that. Why is it have to be Dara who has to catch that Alzheimer’s disease? Why does her mother have to ing leave her with that kind of sickness?!  And why does it has to be her whose father seems to have a disease worst that Alzheimer’s, living a life out there and forgetting he has a daughter here at a ing sickening hospital?!!!

 

“You have to rest too Jiyong… Your girlfriend will be fine.” The nurse patted my back and head on her way.

 

I stared at the retreating back of the nurse and turned to the hospital. This hospital, where me and Dara met about a year and a half from now. I met her when I was roaming around the hospital and we bumped on each other. The first time I saw her, there I knew I won’t be able to forget her face. She’s too beautiful to be forgotten. I thought she’s just someone who’s visiting a family, until the other day I bumped into her again. We said our sorry and I introduced myself to her. She smiled at me and I was mesmerized. I tried getting to know her but every time, mostly almost every five minutes, she will ask me who am I.

 

There and then I knew something was wrong. I asked for the nurses around if they know her and they told me her name and her case. Some people will let it be and leave her but her sickness draw me closer to her. It made me love her. I want her to remember. I want her to remember me and never forget. That time I found my purpose in life.

 

A tear found its way from my eyes as I remember how I court her every day and I wiped it immediately. She established this relationship of ours 3 months ago. Before I keep telling her that I’m courting her, every time she forgets.

 

Three months ago:

 

“Who are you?! What are you doing here in my room?!” She panicked as she saw me by her door.

 

“N-nurse!!!” She called out.

 

I came in and sat on the couch that is parallel to the window where she’s standing at.

 

“I’m Jiyong.” I said calmly.

 

“I’m actually courting your for 3 months now. I see you forgot again.” I added and I make sure that disappointment can be heard in my voice.

 

“Y-you’re what? C-courting me?” She asked in disbelief.

 

“Yes! And I’m deeply hurt that you still keep forgetting about me.” I pouted. Hahahaha guilt trip my friend I thought to myself.

 

“I-I’m really sorry. I guess you knew about my disease.”

 

“Yes. And I hate it. You keep forgetting how much I love you. I’m waiting for too long now!” I looked into her eyes still pouting.

 

She walked near me. Slowly. Then she smiled. She reached for my hands then her other hand on my face. She planted a soft kiss at my forehead. That shocked me and I saw she’s as surprise as I am.

 

But then she composed herself and put back her sweet smile.

 

“I guess I don’t really forget about it completely Jiyong. I think my body still remembers you.” She said.

 

“Do we used to hug?” She asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter