The Alley

The Love Triangle

A/N: LKAJDKJFKskdl;ks......

I should be sleeping...

ugh. Sorry for the late update!!! Longer chapter this time! ^^


Yoon POV

8:30 p.m.

Seohyun and I just finished eating the dinner that my mom made for us. We were both washing the dishes in the sink, when I spoke up and told my mom, "Later, can we both go to Cha Tea? We'll come back before midnight."

"Cha Tea? But, girls, it's a school night."

"Please, umma! We're meeting up with Taeyeon unnie!" I whined, as Seohyun gave her puppy-dog eyes.

"Oh, well if it's Taeyeon, then it should be alright...But are you girls going to walk there? If it was earlier, it would be ok, but I'm afraid it's going to be too late."

I wanted to tell her that us Redheads are more than capable to be walking out in the streets at night, but I couldn't reveal our secret to my mom right then and there.

"Well...I--" I sputtered, but I was interrupted.

"Umma, I'll take them." said Hoya, walking into the kitchen. I glared at him, and mouthed We don't need your help! at him behind my mom's back, as Seohyun whipped her head to stare at him, shocked.

"But--"

"I'm going to meet up with Sunggyu hyung nearby. So I can drop them off, and drive them back home." he said, grabbing his keys off the hook near our front door.

"All right." my mom said, shaking her head and smiling, "Don't come back too late,"

"Seriously, umma!? Thanks!!" I cried, hugging her and then pulling Seohyun back upstairs. I called to Hoya, "Wait up for a few mintues, we have to change!" He just sighed, and shrugged on his jacket.

 

 

"Aish, Hoya is seriously driving us?!" Seohyun complained, slipping on a black cotton shirt, and an equally black sweater over her head.

"I know it , but I have to thank him later. Last time we were late to the meeting, and Taeyeon practically whupped our . Remember?" I shuddered, and put on a warm jacket.

"Yah, I'm grateful, but... does it really have to be him?" pouted Seohyun, and she was going to grab black sweatpants, before I stopped her.

"Hoya is driving us." I told her slowly, "Are you sure you want to wear those pants?" 

Seohyun widened her eyes and replied, "Oh, thanks. Do you have anything more flattering?"

I handed her some black distressed jeans, and she nodded her head in thanks.

Finally, we were dressed, and we grabbed our bulky bags.

As I was heading down the stairs, my mom took one look at us and chuckled.

"Girls, why are you bring such big bags? What's in there, guns?." she joked.

Seohyun laughed half-heartedly, "Ahah.....good one, Mrs. Lee," she said. We both anxiously clutched onto our bags tightly.

"Bye, umma!" I called, and we strode out of the house.

Hoya was waiting outside by the car, and turned to us.

"You guys took long enough," he grumbled. I just stuck my tongue out at him. "If you were any slower, Sunggyu would have my hide."

"Yah yah, Sunggyu." I drawled, "Turn up some music!" 

And so our car ride was silent (sigh) except for the warbling voice of 2am singing love ballads.


When Hoya to the quiet street of Chaun Ave, I commanded him to stop.

"Park on the side. If Taeyeon knows you're here, she will personally kick your . Even if you're my brother." 

Hoya sighed and parked. "Bye." he muttered to the both of us.

"Yeah, thanks," I said, as I got out, and heard Seohyun say, "Thanks for the ride,"

"No problem," he replied, and then made a U-turn to get out of there. His shining headlights soon faded away, leaving us in total darkness. There were no street lamps here.

"Well," I started, shifting my shoulder strap, "Let's go,"

Seohyun nodded, and we both started the long journey to the Alley.


The white crescent moon was our only source of light while we walked. Chaun Ave was an abandoned street. No one lived here anymore, except for us Redheads. We meet up at the The Alley, were there are candles, flashlights, and dim lamps to light up our hideout. It's a tad bit narrow, but seeing our gang is only made up 8 people, it's really not too bad. There are folding chairs, and a small wooden table where we sit. It's not too uncomfortable because Suzy had brought royal purple cushions to sit on. We may look like a bunch of homeless people staying here, but for us, it's a familiar and fond place which we call our Redhead home.

What do we do at The Alley?

Lately, we hanged out, talking about the newest gossip and news. Some days we did light training, some days heavier training. It has been quiet for a couple of years. There wasn't anything major happening.

Unlike the gang rebellion 5 years ago. There was a war between all the gangs in Hankuk city. Police were constantly chasing down gang members, arresting people, and using violence on whoever were in their way. 

It was an ugly time. Luckily a group of women managed to work out all the problems with all the gangs. With the more violent ones, they couldn't reason with them, so they resorted to capturing them to send them to police.

These ladies were both Taeyeon and Chaelin's mom, along with their aunts.

These women were technically the founders of the Redheads. However, they decided to live normal lives as housewives and independent women.

So they left their daughters Taeyeon and Chaelin to be the leader of their gang.

That was how everything started.

 

 

"Five more minutes and you guys would have been late," said a disapproving voice coming from a shadowy figure standing in front of The Alley's entrance. 

"Sorry, it was Hoya's fault," I replied wrinkling my nose.

"But, he was the one who drove us here, remem--" cut in Seohyun, before she herself was interrupted.

"No matter. Lee Yoon and Seo Joo-hyun, Enter," our leadernim formally said, allowing us to pass into the The Alley.

I breathed in it's earthy, dusty scent, smiling at the memories that come to mind whenever I enter my home.

"Omo! Yoon, Seohyun, you're here!" cried a sweet voice from deeper in The Alley. Immediately, my good mood was gone. I squinted my eyes, which were still adjusting to the dim lights in the dark, and saw a head of wavy long hair that flowed down to a slight girl's back. And in a flash, the girl was hugging us together, squeezing us tight.

"Yah! Suzy what do you think you're doing?" I demanded, pulling myself from her tight grip. She smiled brightly at me, but then continued to clutch around Seohyun. I frowned when Seohyun grinned, and hugged her back.

"I see you every week. There's no need to pretend we haven't seen each other in a year," I grumbled, rolling my eyes when Suzy finally let go of Seohyun.

"What are you talking about?" Suzy then turned to me, a mockingly confused expression on her face, "It's really a shame I can't see you guys everyday. You're such a bummer, Yoon." she replied, pouting cutely, and crossing her arms around her chest. I glared at her.

Bae Suzy, the most annoying and babyish member in our gang. At least in my opinion. Whenever I tell Seohyun how insufferable she's being, she always defends her and says "she's adorable". Yeahh, no.

We don't do "adorable". Again, this is my opinion, seeing how even Taeyeon even relents her harsh punishments and rules for her. Talk about unfair.

Suzy is the maknae in our gang, a youngster of 15 years of age. She joined a year ago, begging for Taeyeon to let her join. We had her do a test for physical strength and to see how good her intuition and loyaltly to us is. She passed with flying colors. And only then, did Chaelin speak  up and say that she was much too young to join. That was the first time she and Taeyeon ever fought. However, it was 6 against 2, so the majority won. Guess which side I was on?

Yup, I was the other one of the two, with Chaelin. 

But what I didn't get was why everyone else sided with Taeyeon. Yes, having more members in our gang was a good thing; the more the merrier, right? But honestly, joining such a dangerous group at the age of 14; I doubted her "reason" for joining.

She wanted to do good, to protect her city and her family. 

Now, she has definitely won the trust of all the members, including me, believe it or not, but it still doesn't help how sometimes she is just way too much for me to bear, and how she purposely gets on my nerves.

Even her brown hair pisses me off. It's NOT red enough. We're called Redheads for a reason. Everyone says it's auburn, when it's obviously chestnut. How can anyone see otherwise?

I scoffed, and stomped further in the cramped space, searching for the other members.

"Chaelin?" I asked aloud, wondering why there was only her there.

"Seungyoon and Amber are scouting. Taeyeon just greeted you outside, no?  So that leaves Suzy and I here. Guess who's late?" Chaelin informed me, her voice flat, and her face impassive. 

"There's no....." I stopped short, and then remembered. "Krystal!" I exclaimed. Chaelin nodded, examining her nails. I could have sworn I saw a trace of a smile forming across her lips. But suddenly, she snapped her gaze to me, and a scowl was etched in her face again.

"Speak of the devil," she murmured, looking behind their shoulder to witness two figures walking their way. One was standing straight and walking to them slowly with a purpose, while the other was shuffling her feet and hanging back behind the other.

It was Taeyeon and Krystal.

Chaelin stepped forward, brushing her shoulders into mine, and crossed her arms. "You're late," she stated.

"Yeah...eheh," Krystal said giving her a sheepish smile. "Unni, could you possibily let me off just this once?" she asked, giving her big puppy eyes.

"You're on cleaning duty tonight, so make sure you lock up the gates on both sides," she said, ignoring her request, and tossing her the keys. "Also, make sure you sweep the floors throughly. Last time Yoon did it, and she was sloppy. Don't make the same mistake." 

I scoffed at her, but did not say anything else.

"During training, you won't get a partner. You're punishment for losing the training will be double, and if you win, you won't recieve the reward either. Additionally, you have to do comabt training with either Taeyeon or I." Chaelin informed her, and with each word, Krystal's smile turned into a full frown.

"Yes, Chaelin," she said, pouting and making her way to the chairs to sit down grumpily.

"Okay, we'll wait until Seungyeon and Amber come back to start training," Taeyeon announced.

"Um, unni, are we going to do that hunting tournament thing? Because we already did that last week and I'm still sore," Krystal whined.

"Yes." she answered, but then softly smiled, "It's alright."

"Pft! It's far from alright!" I grumbled. Taeyeon glared at me, but I kept talking, "If you hadn't came in late, you probably wouldn't have to make us all suffer with you." I complained.

"Yah, Yoon," Taeyeon snapped, "You're on cleaning duty too." 

"....What?!" I cried, "So unfair! Why?! I thought it was Krystal's job!" I whined.

"Keep complaining like that, and you'll be on cleaning duty for the whole month." Taeyeon ordered, obviously annoyed at me. Whatever. It's not like I can back out anyway.

I stormed past my leader, going to the tables where Chaelin and Krystal sat, and sat down grumpily. I blew my bangs up in the air, rolling my eyes at mostly Krystal, because if I did that directly to Chaelin, I would get my face bashed in, and gutted in my stomach. Seohyun had reluctantly followed me, daintly taking a seat and chatting with Krystal about recent news and gossip.

I sat there in silence for about 10 minutes, bored and tired for waiting for our other gang members. I glanced at my phone. It was late 9. What was taking them so long?

"Hey, Taeyeon," I called, "When are Seungyoon and Amber coming back?"

"They just messaged me. They had to take a detour somewhere. It won't be long," she replied.

"Can we go for a drink? I'm thirsty," I asked, impatient with them.

"I don't think that's a good idea..."

"Taeyeon," Chaelin cut in suddenly. "I'll take her. We'll get drinks for everybody."

The Redhead leader hesitated, then nodded. 

Chaelin just raised an eyebrow. 

"Pay up. I'm not buying a free drink for all of you." she scoffed.

Taeyeon pursed her lips, and handed her cash, along with Seohyun.

"You guys, I didn't bring any money," Suzy piped up, "Hey, Yoon, mind if you pay for me?" she asked sweetly, flashing me a smile that would send boys, and even some girls melting into a puddle of their own tears. But not me.

"Then you don't get a drink. Too bad." I said nonchalantly. I felt a nudge in my side, and was surprised to  see Seohyun glaring at me before saying, "Suzy, I'll pay for you, 'kay?"

"Thanks!" she beamed.

"Oh, what do you know, Seohyun, it seems I've lost my wallet. Can you--"

"No." Seohyun said to Krystal. The latter scowled.

"Geez, okay, then," Krystal made a face, and said, "Whoa, looks like I do have money! Here you go Chaelin! I want green tea,"

Seohyun rolled her eyes. But honestly, I don't understand why she offered to pay for Suzy when I knew that that sneaky girl probably did have money on her, and just didn't want to pay. I narrowed my eyes at said girl, only to recieve a playful smirk and a wink. Ugh.

In the end, we decided on 3 green teas, 2 black teas, one boba milk tea, one lychee black tea, and a strawberry-bannana mango smoothie with boba and whipped cream with caramel.

Chaelin rode her motorcycle to Cha Tea, and we payed for the ridiculous, humongous order. Well, actually the only ridiculous order we had was the strawberry smoothie one, but considering Suzy wanted that, it couldn't be helped.

We got all eight drinks with cupholders, and I held both, and Chaelin speeding back down to our hideout to bring back our drinks.

I noticed that when we were walking back, both Seungyoon and Amber had already arrived.

"Hey," I called to them, "We bought drinks for you. It's--"

"Yoon!" Suzy interrupted me, "Gimme my drink!" She exclaimed, waving me over. I glared at her, pointedly ignoring her.

"We got you black tea," I finished, handing Seungyoon and Amber the drinks.

"Thanks," they both said, Seungyoon bowing, while Amber stabbed the straw through the hole forefully, and biting on the tip as she sipped it.

"Yoon!" Suzy cried once again. I made a point to give the drinks to everyone before Suzy.

"Yoon!" she cried again. I just sipped on my own lychee black tea, while holding her smoothie. Looking straight in her eyes, I said, "I wonder what this smoothie tastes like."

"No--!"

But it was too late. I took a big slurp of the pink concotion, making a face when the sweet liquid entered my mouth. About 4 bobas slipped through my lips, and I noticed Suzy's drink had a bittersweet caramel aftertaste.

"Mmmh," I hummed, but in reality, I found the smoothie too sweet for my taste. The strong flavour distracted me, and I didn't notice the drink being ripped from my hands, and the floral smell coming from the girl in front of me.

"Yoon, that was my drink, you jerk!" she cried angrily. 

"You should have gotten up from you chair and gotten it yourself!" I shot back.

Suzy just scowled at me, uncapped the top of the cup, and drank the dang thing in big gulps.

"Yoon, don't do that to Suzy okay?" Taeyeon said, rubbing her the side of her face in annoyance, "We don't have time for this."

"Well--"

"Yoon!" this time it was Seohyun. I gaped at her, mind boggling when I realized she had taken Suzy's side.

I sipped on my drink in furious silence.

"C'mon," Taeyeon then commanded, "It's time to start training,"