Part One

I'm Already There
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Taeminnie! Can you answer the phone please?”

           

“Hyung’s in the bathroom. I’ll get it!” The bubbly nine year old Sungjong yelled as he ran to the phone to answer it. “Hello?”

           

“Sungjongie? It’s daddy.” Came the deep reply from over the phone.

           

Smiling happily, Sungjong yelled toward the kitchen, “Daddy’s on the phone!”

           

Almost immediately, the twelve year old Taemin came hurrying out of the bathroom, drying his hands on his pants. “Daddy called?” He asked eagerly, getting a nod from his younger brother.

           

Their father let out a soft laugh. “Put it on speaker, Jongie, and call umma over too.”

           

“Papa! Daddy called you ‘umma’ again and he said to call you over!” The nine year old yelled as he put the phone on speaker.

           

Kibum scoffed and rolled his eyes as he walked into the living room where the phone was while drying his hands. “Yah, Minho, how many times to I have to say that I’m a man too?”

           

Minho chuckled softly on the phone. “I know, kitten…but you're still the more beautiful one of us so that still makes you umma.”

 

Laughing softly, Kibum hummed in agreement. "I know I'm beautiful~ But yeah, you have always been the more manly one of us."

           

“Daddy, when are you coming home?” Taemin questioned as he leaned against the couch.

           

Sungjong pouted a bit as he leaned against Kibum, the man’s hand lifting to play with his youngest son’s hair. “Yeah, daddy. Papa still doesn’t wanna play soccer with us ‘cause he says he sweats too much.”

           

The sound of Minho’s breath catching could be heard as well as a muffled sniffle before they could hear him clearing his throat. “I—Listen you three, you know, I love you guys very much, right?”

           

Taemin laughed. “Yeah of course! To the moon and back times infinity~!”

           

“Min? Is everything okay?” Kibum questioned a bit worriedly, not quite liking how his husband was talking.

           

Instead of answering the other man’s question, Minho simply continued on. “Bummie baby, Taeminnie, Sungjongie…I want you guys to remember that I’m already there with you and always will be. Whenever you go out into the sun, I’

Please log in to read the full chapter