Chapter 2

Awkwardly Adorable(Under Major Reconstruction)

The few weeks have passed like a blur. And here we are! At incheon airport in freaking Korea.

"Omo! Korea is sooo beautiful! It's good to be home!"My mother gasped in awe as we walked around incheon airport. 

 

"Mom, it's like any normal airport... There's nothing special here."I grumbled, walking behind as I crossed my arms. 

 

"Wow! Mommy! Look! It has our name on it!"Yoonshik pointed to a couple holding a big sign saying, 'WELCOME TO KOREA SONG FAMILY! WE MISSED YOU!' with our family picture at the bottom. 

 

"Omona! It's the Kim's!! Hyungseok-yah! Seojin-ah!"My mom practically squealed running to them. Ugh. Talk about embarrassing. But then again, it’s been a long time and to be able to see your best friends, since you were a kid, is worth squealing about. I looked at my dad and he had the same teary eyes. I felt a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. I sure am happy for them! 

 

When we were in L.A my dad missed uncle Hyungseok a lot and my mom missed aunt Seojin.. The four of them were childhood friends and well, things turned out well for all of them. I wonder if Jin is with them. I held Yoonshik's hand and we walked together to auntie and uncle. 

 

"Omona! Is this our Yoojung? Aigoo, such a beautiful young lady! Still as angelic as ever!"Auntie Seojin hugged me so fast, I wasn't prepared. We almost fell at the impact. "I-it's good to see you again auntie!"I laughed.

 

"Is this our little Yoong? Oh my! Last time I saw you, you were this cute little baby that would always cry when you hear uncle Hyungseok laugh!"Auntie giggled, giving Yoonshik a hug. His eyes were as big as ping pong balls but he smiled sweetly hugging auntie.

 

"Man, Kyungsan...You're daughter blossomed into a beautiful flower... I bet Jin would be shell shocked.."Uncle nudged my father's ribs and kept on wiggling his eyebrows. I felt myself blush because of his statement. Will Jin be really shell shocked?

 

"Speaking of Jin? Where is your son? Shouldn't he be here with you?"My mom asked, looking around for Kim Seokjin. I felt my heart rate quickening its pace. Does he still remember? How tall is he now?  Does he still like pink? How is he? D-does he have a girlfriend? A lot of questions start to flood my mind. WAIT.

 

Why the heck am I suddenly curious? AISH! I sighed inwardly. "Oh Jinnie? He's with his friends today. But he said he'll catch up! Let's go and have lunch! I bet you guys are starving!"Auntie chuckled, walking with my mom to their van. Me and Nathan followed suit. 

 

~(Thirty minutes later)~

Our lunch was interrupted when a teenager went up to our table and tapping my mom’s shoulder. “Kim-seonsaengnim!”He exclaimed, making my mom turn around. “Omona! Jungkook-ssi? Is that you? You’ve grown quite a lot!!”She giggled, messing his hair.

 

I raised a brow with the chopsticks still in my mouth. “Who’s he?” Me and Yoong asked at the same time. The boy was all smiles and he bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Jeon Jungkook. I was once a student of Kim seonsaeng here.”He patted my mom’s shoulder.

 

Dad chuckled. “Oh, is this the kid from L.A? When you were a kindergarten teacher before? Was he the student who’s good at dancing and keeps giving our Yoojung flowers?”I looked at Jungkook with an indifferent expression, studying his face to see if I know this kid. He noticed me staring at him and smiled shyly.”Uhhh.. Yup! That’s me!”He laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

 

“Oh? Jungkookie?”Auntie Seojin exclaimed.”You know who he is Nara?”She asked mom, Mom nodded eagerly. “Yeah, he used to be a student of mine when we were in L.A.. Why? You know the kid too Seojin?”

 

“Actually, he’s a friend of Jin’s! Jungkookie-yah, Are you with Jinnie?”Auntie asked, Jungkook looked at auntie and nodded.”Nae, he just parked the car outside. He’ll be here any minute.”

 

My heart started to pick up its pace. Why was I soooo nervous? I blew out a breath and closed my eyes shut. “Go on and take a seat child..”Auntie told Jungkook. He bowed his head. “Thank you aunt Seojin..”He took the seat beside Yoong.

 

“So Jungkook, how long have you been staying in Korea?”My mom suddenly asked, taking a bite of her garlic bread. Jungkook smiled at her then glanced at me. I raised a brow. “It’s been seven years. My mom had a divorce with my dad and we were instantly shipped to Korea.”He shrugged, as the waiter placed a plate and utensils on his table with a glass of water. He mumbled a thank you as the waiter left.

 

Dad cleared his throat and my mom suddenly looked down. “O-oh.. I’m so sorry to hear that..”She mumbled.

 

Jungkook shook his head. “It’s okay Mrs. Song! It’s no big deal.. My mom’s okay now and he still sends us money but me and my mom work too so we don’t just sit around and wait for him. He has a new family in L.A. At least, they’re on good terms.”He smiled. He’s so comfortable talking about these things. Why don’t I remember a single thing about this kid?

 

My mom reached out to Jungkook, pretending to pat his back. “Your mother is lucky to have a child like you! You’re such a nice kid. But aren’t you too young to work?”

 

“I work part time at aunt Seojin’s café! I go straight to work after school. Jin-hyung is nice and auntie too!”He rubbed the back of his head again and laughed awkwardly. Auntie Seojin nodded,”Having Jungkook here is such a big help! He’s like a son to me! Seeing that my eldest is overseas and my youngest is a bit of a grown man too! Having Jungkook is like having a baby.It's like having a third child!”Auntie explained with a wicked grin on her face, making us laugh.

 

Jungkook blushed and looked down. “Auntie! I-I’m not a baby! Though I’m glad I could help!”My mom raised her hand and talked. “I’ll say! When I was teaching at this Korean school at L.A, Jungkook was the kid that would always cry! He would follow back to our house because he wants his mommy!”She added, making Jungkook blush madly.”M-Mrs. Song! T-that was before! I’m quite different now!”He defended himself.

 

I laughed, remembering the one time that mom brought Jungkook home with her.”He cried when he first saw me.”I said, speaking up for the first time, making all of them turn their heads to me. Yoonshik was eating silently while listening to my next statement. “H-he thought I was an angel because I was wearing a pretty white dress. He said did he die and was I going to take him away from his mommy and daddy?”

 

That made the whole table burst into laughter. I smiled at myself, looking at an utterly embarrassed Jeon Jungkook. “Right! Right! He was so confused that I had to explain the whole situation for about an hour!” My dad guffawed making the rest of our table laugh including Yoonshik.

 

The bell to the front door rang and we turned our heads to the front door. My breath hitched. It’s him.      

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello peeps :3 I'm sorry for this short filler update! I promise that on the weekends I'll be able to update a long chapter 3 <3 College life is harrrrrddd.... *whines* I love you guys! Stay awesome! Please continue on supporting my story ;A;

사랑해!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

BYE YEEEOM~

 

 

-D.L