Lonely Single

Need to Know

It hurt.

Watching Hyuk being in love with Ravi hurt. Watching them cuddle together on the couch in the dorm hurt. Seeing them sneaking kisses when they thought no one was looking hurt. Knowing that someday they would go farther than just kissing hurt. Most of all, it hurt to see how much love was in Hyuk’s eyes when he looked at the rapper.

Leo watched as Ravi wrapped his arms around Hyuk’s waist, leaning in to place kisses along the maknae’s neck. Hyuk laughed about how it tickled before turning around to face Ravi, quickly kissing his lips before pulling back. Ravi smiled brightly before pulling Hyuk against him and recapturing his lips.

It hurt so damn much.

“Hey,” N smiled sadly, sitting down beside him, “how are you?”

“Better than yesterday,” Leo shrugged, not completely lying. He did feel a little better than he had the day before. But then yesterday he’d caught Ravi on top of Hyuk as the pair made out, the younger loudly just as Leo opened the door. Nothing like that had happened today, so his heart didn’t hurt as much.

“Things will get better,” N said, patting his shoulder, “I promise.” N left then to playfully scold Ravi and Hyuk for too much PDA.

Leo just sighed and wondered if it was true. Would he really get over this? Would the hurt ever go away? Watching as Hyuk gave Ravi one last kiss before one of their managers ushered him out of the room, Leo wasn’t sure.

“Leo,” their manager called, “let’s get going.”

“Huh?” he blinked in confusion.

“We can drop you off on the way,” the manager shrugged, “so let’s get going.”

“Right,” Leo nodded before following. He’d forgotten about his individual schedule for that day, too caught up in his own thoughts.

--

“Hyung?” Leo looked over to see Hyuk staring at him.

“Yes, Hyuk?” he asked, silently wondering how long it had been since he last talked to Hyuk without a camera being on them. Leo wasn’t much for words in the first place, but he’d been avoiding talking to Hyuk for fear that his feelings would be revealed. If Hyuk knew how he felt, things would be awkward.

“I miss talking to you,” the younger frowned, “why have you been avoiding me lately?”

“Sorry,” Leo looked down, ashamed to see the hurt look on Hyuk’s face. He just didn’t want to risk admitting his feelings and making things weird between himself and the maknae. If he did mess up their friendship, he didn’t think he’d be able to forgive himself.

“We have a free day tomorrow,” Hyuk said, smiling slightly to show that he’d accepted the elder’s apology, “do you want to hang out?”

“Aren’t you planning to do something with Ravi?” Leo asked. he could have kicked himself for saying that, but it had to be said. Ravi probably wanted to spend the day with Hyuk and wouldn’t be too pleased if he was with Leo instead.

“I asked him already,” Hyuk replied, “he said it was ok. So?”

“Sure,” Leo smiled slightly. A day with Hyuk did sound great. And maybe it would even help him get over his feelings for the younger.

“Leo,” their manager called, coming to a stop in front of a large building, “we’re here. Have fun and work hard.”

“Bye, hyung,” Hyuk smiled as Leo got out of the car.

“Bye, Hyuk,” Leo smiled back before bowing to their manager, “I’ll see you back at the dorm later tonight.”

--

The day with Hyuk had been fun. For a while, Leo was able to forget his heartbreak and just have fun with the boy he loved. It almost felt like they were out on a date and that made Leo smile. But all good things come to an end and the day ended when they entered the dorm.

“Hey,” Ravi smiled, quickly getting off the couch so that he could embrace Hyuk, “how was your day out?”

“Great,” Hyuk said before launching into a play by play of what he’d done that day with Leo.

“I’m happy you enjoyed yourself,” Ravi smiled, kissing Hyuk quickly, “are you hungry?”

“No,” Hyuk replied, “we ate before we got home. Has everyone else already had a shower?”

“Yeah,” Ravi said before gently pushing Hyuk in the direction of the bathroom, “go get washed up, you smell like sweat and car exhaust.”

“But you still love me,” Hyuk laughed before heading into his room for a change of clothes.

“Yeah,” Ravi laughed, “I love you, yeobo.”

“I love you, too,” Hyuk smiled before retreating into the bathroom.

This left Leo and Ravi alone in the living room. Ken and Hongbin were already sleeping having crashed not long ago after their videogame marathon drew to a close. N was in the kitchen cleaning up and pretending that he wasn’t keeping an eye on the two Hyuk-loving men in the other room.

“So how was today for you?” Ravi asked as Leo moved over to the couch.

“Good,” Leo nodded in response, “Hyuk had fun, that’s what matters.”

“Yah,” Ravi nodded, looking in the direction of the bathroom.

“I love him,” Leo admitted, patting the stop beside him to indicate that he wanted Ravi to sit down beside him, “and I probably will for a long time.”

“I know,” Ravi nodded, “he’s hard not to love.”

“I’m not going to do anything to mess up your relationship,” Leo said.

“I know,” Ravi replied. Leo wasn’t the type to pull something like that no matter how much he loved Hyuk.

“But if you hurt him,” Leo gave Ravi his most terrifying glare, “I’ll be the first one to step in and take him from you.”

“I believe you,” Ravi nodded. He was one hundred percent sure that if he did ever hurt Hyuk and mess up their relationship, Leo wouldn’t waste any time in swooping in to steal Hyuk from him.

“Ravi?” both turned to find Hyuk exiting the bathroom, “come to bed? I’m sleepy.” Hyuk didn’t need to pull the cute act to convince the rapper, but he did it anyway.

“Sure,” Ravi smiled, following Hyuk into their bedroom.

“You did good,” N said, coming over to sit beside Leo, “I’m proud of you.”

“Yeah,” Leo nodded.

For now, Hyuk was happy so Leo would just smile and be happy for him. If Hyuk ever fell out of love with Ravi, Leo would be there for him. If Ravi hurt him, Leo would be there. And if Ravi and Hyuk were still together ten or even twenty years from now, Leo would still be right there to smile and support the maknae who’d stolen his heart.

A/N: it’s so sweet but mostly it’s sad and I’m so sorry fictional Leo.