Byun Baekhyun

Cherry Blossoms

Title: Byun Baekhyun

Rating: //

Length: drabble

Summary: Byun Baekhyun was Chanyeol's first and last love of his life.

Note: I don't know what I wrote this.. I had this urge to write smth and glorify Baekhyun and this crap is the result. Hope you'd still like it /sighs

 


 

Byun Baekhyun was beautiful. That kind of beauty that could furiously take your breath away, leaving you staring awfully. That kind of beauty that casted magic spells around, drawing every thing and every one into his desire. That kind of beauty that even in the early morning, when the sun would appear in the horizon, its rays skimming across every single thing on Earth, bringing them to their wake, it remained intact.

 

And Chanyeol had the remarkable privilege to witness, every morning, the awakening of this sleeping beauty.

 

Baekhyun let out soft moans, as the sunshine seeped through the thin curtains to rest on the bed's woollen thick blankets. Fidgeting a little, his dainty fingers peeked out of the blanket to raise it up to his nose. His eyes slowly fluttered, bright eyes that, after a mere second, searched for Chanyeol's. Every little gesture was graceful, delicate, attentivelike he was made of glass.

 

Chanyeol gently ran his rough fingers through Baekhyun's soft hair, as their eyes relied on each others' gaze, warm and fond. He smiled sweetly, "Good morning, baby."

 

"You know there's nothing good in mornings." Baekhyun grinned sluggishly.

 

With a quite hurt expression, Chanyeol sat up, "And me? Am I not the good in morning?"

 

"That," the other guy brought up a hand to lazily caress Chanyeol's back, "Is discussable, my dear."

 

"Then letting you do everything you want to me every night should be something to be discussed too, sweetheart."

 

Baekhyun chuckled, "Just stop waking me up early, got that?"

 

"Well, I'm sorry if your boyfriend here loves mornings and waking up early!" Chanyeol huffed.

 

Laughing louder, Baekhyun pushed aside the blankets and crawled between Chanyeol's legs. He pressed his back against his lover's bare torso, and Chanyeol had to inch back until his skin felt the cold surface of the headboard. Baekhyun draped the blanket over them and leaned back, content. He intertwined his smooth fingers with Chanyeol's calloused ones. Looking up, his eyes seemed sparkling to Chanyeol, "I hate mornings. Mostly when people greet me with a good morning and a wide smile on their faces. But you know you're the only exception."

 

A smile once again blossomed Chanyeol's face. He pressed a tender kiss on Baekhyun's forehead. "Being cheesy right now?"

 

"Oh, stop ruining the moment, will you?" Baekhyun slapped his thigh, grinning.

 

 

★★★

 

 

Byun Baekhyun was sophisticated. He came from a rich upper-class family and during his early age, he was thought that manners made the man. He studied in the finest schools and got to travel around the world. However, one day, he left his huge inheritance in exchange of freedom he had always wanted. Nonetheless, his refined way of doing, speaking, thinking, remained.

 

He was that kind of young man that thought typewriters were way better than those ty software applications used to write. That kind of man who thought mixtapes were still fashionable in 21st century. That kind of man who thought chivalry wasn't dead.

 

He adored writing, which he pursued and pushed him to move from city to city in search for inspiration. He found it in a small city thanks to a young ambitious boy named Chanyeol, who was still studying by the time they got together. So, when his boyfriend was at university, Baekhyun would spend his time on a table at the corner of his favourite café, busy scribbling down random and disconnected ideas, or simply enjoying the mellow atmosphere of the place, in company of a piece of strawberry cake and hot cappuccino. Sometimes, Chanyeol would join him in until the time his afternoon classes were due to start.

 

They passed their time together talking about vary topics, about how their days had gone so far; but that day, their conversation ran dry. Chanyeol had found more interest in admiring his lover across the table, the book in his hand longly forgotten.

 

Bringing his cup to his awaiting lips, Baekhyun sipped a little, as a slim finger unconsciously caressed the rim afterwards. His attention was surely distracted by the traffic outside the window. Chanyeol's gazed at the locks over his long eyelashes, then at that twinkle that never left his curious eyes, down on the light blush of red on his cheeks, on his pinkish lips. Sliding farther down, he took in Baekhyun's cream-coloured turtle-neck, that hugged his petit frame marvellously. It was like looking to a god—he was too mesmerizing. Too unreal. Too perfect.

 

His eyes suddenly fell on his journal and he noticed Baekhyun had written on a new page. Chanyeol's face lit up, "Are you working on something new? Or have you finally decided to continue that story I liked?"

 

"Something new," Baekhyun replied, beaming at Chanyeol while putting back his cup on the table, "Just listing down the ideas I've got today."

 

"Can I read them?"

 

"Not this time, Mister."

 

"Why not?" Chanyeol pouted.

 

Baekhyun winked, "In the future, maybe. Just wait."

 

Chanyeol didn't pushed beyond. He respected Baekhyun's privacy. Furthermore, he was used to waiting.

 

Turning his frown upside down, Chanyeol calmly stood up and offered a hand to the smaller one, "Come on, let me take you home."

 

"Home? Why?" Baekhyun asked, reluctantly taking his lover's hand and grabbing his jacket with the other.

 

Chanyeol helped him stand up, before leading the way towards the door, "It's about to rain and I bet you forgot to bring your umbrella, dummy."

 

Seeing him bite down his lower lip and chew on it, he knew Baekhyun was guilty. It was a habit that always gave him away, along with his habit of always forgetting to take an umbrella whenever it seemed to rain.

 

Laughter bubbled up Chanyeol's throat, "See?"

 

"Well, it's not my fault. They said it'll be just cloudy today.." Baekhyun mumbled, hooking his arm around Chanyeol's as the latter opened the umbrella and held it over them.

 

Raindrops ticked loudly on every surface they landed on. The petrichor had slowly waken up and little by little, it clung on the breezy air. The last traces of the sun insistently lingered in the sky, before hopelessly vanishing behind the thick grey clouds.

 

Baekhyun grasped on Chanyeol's coat tighter, shivering. Chanyeol had noticed it, so he immediately wrapped an arm around him, pulling him closer. With a satisfied sigh, Baekhyun embraced the taller man, to feel his warmth, his protection, his affection, even more.

 

"Now that winter is coming, will you prepare those hot baths again with lit candles and rose petals for me?" Baekhyun glanced up, his cherry lips parted.

 

Chanyeol smiled cheekily, "You're being a spoiled brat now, Mr. Byun!"

 

"It's not my fault if you keep on spoiling me, Mr. Park!" The other laughed lightly.

 

That melodious sound reminded Chanyeol how he had always liked spoiling the smaller male, one of the proofs of how deeply trapped he was in Baekhyun's pit of love.

 

 

★★★

 

 

Byun Baekhyun was dead.

 

Death slithered in unexpected, silent yet ruthless, which caught Chanyeol off guard, like a man lost in the middle of sea in storm—unprepared and miserable as he tried to stay afloat, stay calm, stay alive.

 

The pain was powerful enough to render him dull and numb. He felt lonely, despairing, crestfallen, with bottled up tears and grief-stricken emotions stirring inside him. He felt empty, yet his agony and desperation fed him well. Nothing made sense without Baekhyun by his side.

 

"It's absurd," Kyungsoo, one of Baekhyun's closest friends, visited Chanyeol one day, "How a meaningful and humble person like Baekhyun died of a nonsense death. I still don’t want to believe it..” He said, blowing out the smoke of his cigarette. “It’s not possible..”

 

It was not, indeed.

 

Chanyeol had found Baekhyun's journal under his pillow, a month after his death.

 

His handwriting was tiny, it was nearly illegible for him. But some parts were easy to understand, for example the last pages, where Baekhyun had seemed to be writing a new story. He had already started it—plain, short and vague—it was about a young boy who was alone in the rain, roaming the streets, in search for something, until he met a person who gave him not only what he was searching for, but even more.

 

Laughing bitterly, Chanyeol knew a same story, in which a young boy kept on protecting a little guy from the rain, then there was no one to protect anymore.

 

He really missed that little guy.