Sad Movies

Cherry Blossoms

Title: Sad Movies

Rating: //

Length: drabble

Summary: Sad movies make Baekhyun cry.

Note: Inspired from a 1960's song \o/

 


 

"So, are you going to stay at home?" 

"Apparently yes, since you can't come."

"I'm really sorry, babe. I promise to make it up to you next time. Love you." Chanyeol hung up immediately, not letting Baekhyun to utter his goodbyes and i love you's.

A new comedy film was out at the cinemas in town that week, and since Baekhyun loved comedy films, he wouldn't miss the chance to watch it, deciding to invite Chanyeol too, who he thought either him wouldn't miss it. But he thought wrong.

He called his boyfriend to tell about the film and suggest to go somewhere else after seeing it, but Chanyeol was already busy. A sudden meeting was inserted into his already hectic schedule, and even if he wanted to spend time with Baekhyun, he needed to take down the offer. Obviously, Baekhyun said it was okay. Even if it's been weeks since he hadn't seen Chanyeol, Baekhyun understood him. He always did. After all, he couldn't blame Chanyeol, since he was an important man in the business society. 

Scrolling down the page of the film's web page, the positive feedbacks caught Baekhyun's attention. After reading a few, he convinced himself to go watch it, although his boyfriend wouldn't be with him. He could go alone. The new film seemed really interesting, he couldn't miss the chance.

When the clock struck at 8.30, he was already dressed up and ready to go. He arrived five minutes before the rolling of the trailers, enough time for him to grab a bag of popcorn and a drink.

The theater wasn't full either. People were scattered mostly on the left and right row of seats, but Baekhyun preferred sitting on the center. It became a habit after Chanyeol once stated that he could see better sitting on the center seats. So they always sat there from that day on.

The film was about to start when a couple walked in the theater and settled just a few rows in front of him. Baekhyun's hand full of popcorn suddenly froze inside the bag, as his heartbeat did the same.

Despite the darkness, his eyes could perfectly see his boyfriend Chanyeol, who he could recognize everywhere, with his notable height and his huge ears, together with his best friend, Kyungsoo. 

Baekhyun remained fully static and did nothing as his boyfriend's secret relationship unraveled in front of him. The movie went on, but Baekhyun's attention was way far from the film. When a romantic scene came in, Chanyeol leaned in and pecked Kyungsoo's lips, wrapping an arm around him. That was when Baekhyun broke down and felt dying. Tears that threatened to fall from the moment he first saw them streamed down his rosy cheeks. He tried to muffle his cries by covering his face, but he failed and caught the attention of some curious viewers. 

He ran out as fast he could out from that building, aiming towards home. The cold breeze of the winter night blew against him, and to his hurry, he bumped into people on his way, ignoring the angry looks on their faces.

Out of breath, he reached the door of his apartment, panting. He leaned against the door frame, squinting his eyes as he tried to stop the tears from continuously falling down. Baekhyun felt being stabbed by million daggers. He felt pain mixed with anger, jealousy. He felt so stupid, and so heartbroken. 

He was about to unlock the door when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around only to find his roommate, Luhan, wearing a preoccupied look on his face, "Baek, what happened? Are you alright?". He shuffled both of his hands on Baekhyun's cheeks, fingers caressing his skin, "Is it because of Chanyeol? Of course, it's because of Chanyeol."

Baekhyun leaned to his touch, and merely shook his head, "No.. It's just that,", he offered a small smile to the other male, "Sad movies make me cry."