Chapter 2

It's Complicated:(

Hi. Hope you didn't wait long:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I hate my Mum. I hate my life. My school, my friends, everyone! They made fun of me when I told them my parents were separated.

“Your Mum is so lustful, Nicole! She’s an old bum and still looking for her inner needs! Hah! Such a cougar mother!” those words haunt me when I went home one day. I am not popular in college as I am one of those nerdy ones. I study; `cause I know depending on parents for my survival is a fool’s job.

And they were right. When I opened the door, my Mum and her man were having on the sofa. I grunted and went straight up to my room.

I threw my bag on the bed and lay down beside it. What could I do? Tell Mum to stop her doings? I might get slapped. Like I don’t know her. I wondered why I chose Mum over Dad.

Thinking of Dad makes me sad. He has gone back to Korea, and I don’t know what happened to him. Mum wouldn’t allow me to keep in touch with him. It shows how Mum literally changed. Just because of the guy.

I ‘hmph’ and got up to change. Then, I went down to the living room, to see Mum and that man (who I don’t even know his name) making out again. AGAIN.

“Don’t you guys ever have enough?!” I screamed at them before running out of the house.

I ran and ran that I bumped into somebody. I looked up to see a handsome guy smiling at me. He was carrying a big full box and my bumping caused him to drop most of the items in there.

“Sorry!” I bent down to pick up the items. He squatted down too to help me.

“It’s okay. What’s your name?”

“Nicole,” I said with a smile. I usually never say my last name. I feel like some weird freak that has a different surname from the Americans.

It’s not that I am not proud being an American-Korean; it is just that most of my college friends find it funny. Kyun. It just sounds so wrong.

“Hello, you there?” the guy waved his hand in front of my face.

I looked up at him, blushing.

“I'm Matt. Matt Lanter,” he introduced himself and held out his hand.

I shook it. “Nicole.”

“You told me earlier.” He smiled as he shook my hand.

“Just reminding.” I blushed. Oh my freaking god. He is so handsome.

“So you live here?” he asked when I stood up from my squatting position.

“Yeah, a few blocks away. You?”

“I just moved here.” He stood up and smiled that smile again.

“Oh really? Alone?” I raised my eyebrows and look around, avoiding from staring at him smiling which obviously will make me blush.

“Yeah, I'm legal enough to stay alone. I'm 27, by the way.”

“That’s old,” I muttered to myself.

“Sorry?”

I shook my head.

So we chatted about ourselves and friends as I help him to move his things into the house. At least it helps me to take my mind off about Mum who probably is doing ‘it’ again on the sofa. No, on the floor now, I bet.

He told me he was from Ohio and he moved to California a few years back to act. I nodded, trying to stop myself from blushing when he smiled at me.

Soon, it was nighttime. It feels like talking to him is never enough.

“Can I visit you tomorrow?”

“Well, I won't be at home,” he looked at me, whose smile was already fading away, before continuing, “Unless you want to accompany me to the stores nearby to buy some paint and help me paint.”

I smiled again. He pinched my cheek and I bade him goodbye. And I am out of his door.

As I walked down the path, I couldn’t stop thinking about Matt. Everything about him is very…indescribable. Then I heard Mum’s cries when I was about to open the door. I sighed and calmly stepped it and quickly walk back up to my room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all for now. Please comment:)

ShashaCrescentian