Prologue - Separated.

It's Complicated:(

Hi readers!!

I would just like to inform you earlier that the first few chapters of the story doesn't involve any Si Won/SuJu members yet. Nicole falls in love with Matt in America first before she has to move to Korea with her dad. Right? (I don't know if I even told you that.)

So, enjoy:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

My parents and I patiently waited outside the court. Waiting for the courts’ decision. I look at Mom. How could she actually be unfaithful to the man whom she had sworn to live her whole life with? Right, lust. Lust is always the destruction of marriage. Dad was wearing black glasses, but he can't hide the fact that he is crying.

He never expected Mom to be unfaithful to him. Obviously. Mom always takes care and shows her love fully to her husband, my father. When Mom and a man were caught in the hotel room, dad almost died of heart attack.

By the way, you may not know who I am. I am Kyun Nicole. I live in California, America. I am actually half-Korean half-American. Yeah, my Dad is a Korean while my Mom is part Korean part American.

Then, Mom’s and Dad’s attorneys called my parents into the court. I sat outside until I was called in by Dad’s lawyer.

“Miss Kwon, please enter the courtroom,” he said. I stood up and walked slowly into the courtroom. As I opened the door, everyone was looking at me.

I sat down and the judge asked me one question that made me think hard.

“Which parent do you want to stay with?”

I looked at Dad, then Mom. They have separated, I screamed in my head. Hot tears ran down my cheeks to know that after all the counseling, everything was useless.

If I stay with my Mom, I am sure she will bring home that boyfriend of hers. If I stay with my Dad, it will be an awkward situation as my Dad and I are not really that close.

Finally, after deciding, I softly said, “I think I would like to stay with my Mom.”

Mom had a triumph look on her face.

“Very well, if that’s the case –” the judge said.

“I would like to stay with my dad when I want to get married,” I cut the judge off.

He looked at me with a weird expression. “Very well, your wish is granted. You will stay with your mother until you are getting married, which is to be decided by your father. The father should make a reasonable request about marrying Miss Kwon Yuri off so that both parties come to an agreement.”

Mum and Dad nodded. Then, we were dismissed.

Mum pulled my hand and said, “Don’t even think of getting married, Yuri.”

I looked at her in disbelief. What?

Outside the court, a man was already waiting for Mum and me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, what do you think of it? :)