The Pearl

Finding Neverland

Minhee woke up cold and alone in the room. She looked around. Luhan was gone. She was sure he had been with her last night. A loud commotion sounded on the upper deck. Minhee stood up to listen better. A shout that undoubtedly belonged to Luhan is what drove her to rip the unlocked door open and sprint to the upper deck.

The image of Leo jumping overboard was imprinted on her mind as she turned with the corners of the hallway and climbed the last stairs to the deck.

Luhan was surrounded by a bunch of creepy smiling pirates. They were pressuring him to a plank that was laid out over the water, stepping closer and closer as Luhan backed up. Luhan was sweating and wide-eyed as he tried to get a hold on the railing, a barrel, anything. His fingers clawed over anything he could touch desperately.

He wasn't just scared... Luhan was terrified. His small frame was shaking. The pirates laughed at him, waving their swords as if they were toys only inches from Luhan's face.

Minhee rushed forward and shouted, grabbing the nearest pirate by the back of his shirt, trying to pull him away. They were so close together, Minhee couldn't get through.

"Back off!!!!" she shouted, yanking as hard as she could.

Luhan wasn't even hearing her. His eyes darted back and forth from the tips of the swords to the ominous dark water below. Below, shadows moved in the water as if waiting to grab him and pull him under. And the swords glinted, the sun the metal as, waiting to get a taste of his blood.

The pirate Minhee had grabbed onto turned around and pulled her off of him easily. He wrung her wrists away from her painfully and brought his face in close to hers.

"You want to play with me, girl?!" he smiled evilly. His breath smelled like bad fish. Minhee spat in his face and kicked him in the groin. His face contorted in pain. He looked at Minhee with a menacing glare. She screamed as he twisted her arms more.

"Stop!!" Jihyun shouted, rushing forward.

Another pirate turned around and pointed at her with his sword.

"Stay out of this," he growled, moving closer to her. Jihyun swallowed, taking a glimpse of Luhan as he got a cut along his arm.

"Stop it," Jihyun said strictly.

The pirate laughed, "Stop kidding me." He used his sword and cut open the top of her shirt.

Jihyun gasped, and grabbed at her shirt, bundling it up under her fingers. The fresh cut on her chest seeped blood into the cloth.

BANG!!

The crack of gunfire shut everyone up. Their eyes immediately went to a grumpy Baekhyun standing in his doorway with a messy bedhead hairdo. He lowered his rifel to his side, daring anyone to move. He looked like he had just woken up.

Baekhyun was glaring at the ground where a pirate laid, groaning in pain as his calf bled from a bullet wound. His sword, fresh with Jihyun's blood, laid beside him. The others looked at him too, shocked that he had dared to hurt her.

"What are you doing to my prisoners?" Baekhyun asked gruffly. He didn't even look at Minhee. He just turned around and returned to his room, slamming the door shut.

That was enough for everyone though. They retreated, some kicking at Minhee as she passed, but they stopped. Someone shoved at Luhan too.

Splash!!

Minhee's eyes flew upward. A few others looked back, shocked, but even more looked at Baekhyun's door, expecting him to come out shooting. Minhee lunged at the plank, but was dragged backwards by another pirate.

"Somebody help him!!" She screamed, "He can't swim!!"

"Help!!" Luhan sputtered, panicking in the cold water. He waved his arms and kicked wildly. He was going to die. Luhan felt himself sink lower and lower, even though he tried to move upward. He was being dragged into the water.

The pirates just moved away, dragging Minhee with them. Minhee tried to break away, but she couldn't. She felt so helpless.

It was loud as they argued over the pirate on the floor and Jihyun being hurt. Many were angry at Baekhyun, others argued that Jihyun was one of them.

Wriggling and fighting, she finally managed to break away, but the pirate who had been holding her no longer care. He was close to getting in a fist fight with a fellow crewman.

She rushed over to the edge and leaned over. Luhan was gone. There was no trace of him.

"No!!" she gasped. She looked around frantically until her eyes landed on something. It was a familiar head of black scruffy hair.

Leo!!

Her eyes stung with relief. Leo paddled the small canoe toward the ship, gesturing for her to swim toward him quickly. Luhan was already sitting beside him. He looked shaken, and he was soaked. But he was alive.

Minhee glanced behind her. Many of the pirates were focused on other things, but some of them were looking at her. There was still a lot of distance between the her and the ship. She could probably swim out before they caught her.

Still... they had guns. Before Minhee could make up her mind, the decision was made for her.

Baekhyun stepped out on deck and strode over toward her. She tried not to look back at Leo. She hoped he had turned around.  She walked toward Baekhyun too, hoping he would stop when he reached her.

Unfortunately, he looked past her and scowled. He pointed and opened his mouth to speak.

"No!" Minhee exclaimed. She covered his mouth with her hand before he could say anything. "Don't hurt them. Aren't I enough?"

She had hoped his kind side wasn't just a figment of her imagination.

Baekhyun reluctantly turned away.

"Looking for something?!"

Their eyes flew up. Taemin floated above them on his back as he played with the pearl, tossing the pearl up and catching it.

In the blink of an eye, Baekhyun pulled out his gun and shot at him a couple times.

Minhee screamed, but by the time the smoke cleared, Taemin was gone.

She looked around frantically for a body.

"Missed me!!" Taemin said cheerfully, flying around them. He was flying faster than he usually did. Minhee wondered just how fast he was capable of going; he had managed to dodge all those bullets.

"Damned son of Grendel," Baekhyun cursed. Baekhyun's black coattail flapped in the wind. The point of his gun followed Taemin. Then he took another shot, but Taemin halted so suddenly, the bullet whizzed right in front of him.

Taemin stuck his tongue out at Baekhyun, showing off the pearl again.

"Captain, let's make a trade," Taemin smiled. He stopped flying and his hairless chin as if he were deep in thought.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, "Go on."

He kept his gun trained on him.

Taemin flew lower, knowing the captain wasn't cowardly enough to shoot him like this.

He pointed to Minhee without sparing her a glance.

"Give me my girl back," He started. He watched Baekhyun's reactions carefully.

Minhee flinched at his possessive 'my.'

Baekhyun only motioned for him to continue.

"And apologize to my boys," Taemin added sternly, "then I'll give you my rock back."

He likes to claim everything as his, Minhee observed, rolling her eyes.

"My pearl," Baekhyun corrected with a growl. Baekhyun glowered at him.

Taemin shrugged with a smile and did a lazy back flip on the air.

He looked Baekhyun in the eyes, "So...?"

"I'm not apologizing," Baekhyun said firmly, "since you took my pearl first. And you can have your girl. Give me the pearl."

Taemin shook his head, frowning. He raised his eyebrows curiously.

"Then the deal's off," He shrugged.

Baekhyun fired at him. Taemin barely had time to move before the bullet grazed his back. He grimaced, the playfulness gone from his face. The pirates around them cheered wildly.

Ignoring them, Baekhyun put his arm around Minhee, pulled her close, and then pressed the warm point of the gun to her temple.

Minhee gasped, her heart racing. Baekhyun's hold was strong. She was scared. Terrified. It no longer felt like a dream.

"Give me," Baekhyun said, "My Pearl." The coldness in his voice sent shivers down Minhee's spine.

Taemin looked from Minhee to Baekhyun. He smiled, surprising them both.

"Don't you two look cute?" Taemin asked.
Minhee pleaded at him with her eyes. Taemin was a jerk, but at least he wasn't as bad as Baekhyun.

Taemin sighed, "Why don't we..."

Suddenly, he narrowed his eyes, took aim, and threw the pearl as hard as he could toward Baekhyun.

With one hand holding Minhee and the other on his gun, Baekhyun could barely think before the pearl crashed into his skull then dropped to the floor, rolling away.

He screamed as a splitting pain erupted in his head and let go of Minhee. He tried to clear his head as he saw Taemin swoop toward the pearl just as it was stopped by a barrel.

Baekhyun shot at him and heard a loud crack as the bullet met it's target. He smiled, but when he looked up, he was met with Taemin's astonished face. The pearl was dust at his feet, and wine poured from the hole in the bottom of the barrel.

Taemin ran forward and reached for Minhee. He needed to leave before Baekhyun went on a rampage. Baekhyun's gun was out of bulelts. Baekhyun reached for another gun as Taemin rushed forward. At the last second, Baekhyun abandoned his gun and instead, grabbed Minhee's arm, pulling her to him.

"You can't take her," Baekhyun stammered. He glanced sideways at Minhee's flustered state.

Taemin's eyes bore into him as he said, "You shot the pearl. Give me my girl back."

He grabbed Minhee, but Baekhyun wouldn't let go. Minhee was so confused. Baekhyun was planning to keep her hostage on his ship. Taemin kept claiming her as his. She didn't know what to do, but both of their holds were hurting her. Baekhyun's face was sweaty, making his black hair stick to his face as he panted. Taemin returned a look just as cold. His eyes were narrowed and fierce.

"Let go," Minhee protested, trying to pull away.

"No," both boys said simutanously. There was a strong tension in the air. Even those noisy pirates were holding their breaths as these boys had a stare-off.

"Oppa," Jihyun said, trying to step in. Minhee's face was grim as she tried to break free. They were clenching her as hard as they could. "Taemin-ssi, let go of her please."

Taemin frowned, looking at the girl who had always secretly supported him. Why is she going against me now of all times??

Taemin let go suddenly, and then flew quickly to Jihyun, snatched her away and flew off.

~~~~~(^-^)~~~~~

A/N: This chapter isn't proofreeded... I'm too lazy right now. and tired. So forgive my mistakes and the rushedness.

Thank you guys for reading!!! I don't know how well this story is getting received.. not that well, but I really like writing it, so I'm going to continue for now. Thanks~