Chapter IX

You First Believed

 

 

"Jung Yong Hwa" she hugged him tight, burying her face on the crook of his neck, finding comfort, peace and security in him.

"I'll wait for that day when you can tell me all the things you're hiding from everyone, I'll wait for the day that you'll trust me with all your heart, I'll wait for you Seo Joo Hyun, no matter how long, I'll wait"

"Don't" she held him tight "Don't wait for me. I don't want to involve you in this mess Yong. Just remember this" she let go of him and kissed him deeply, hugging him tight as if he'll disappear anytime soon. She stopped and cupped his cheeks "You are precious  to me, I-I"

"I love you" he said, stopping her "I love you Seo Joo Hyun" 

 

 

 

She stared at him wide-eyed, as if what he said is a different language. "Yo-yong" 

"You don't need to answer me back, for now." he smiled at her, reaching for her hands, interlacing it with his. "Knowing that I can hold you like this" he lifts their entwined hands "and that I'm special for you is enough, for now." 

"But-" he pecked her lips once before grinning childishly 

"No buts. I love you and I'll wait for you." he smiled his first genuine smile for weeks already

"Jung Yong Hwa" She held his hand tighter while staring straight through his eyes "I-I can't"

"I told you I'll wait patiently"

"You don't understand"

"Then make me understand"

"P-Please. I'm not prepared for this."

"Who is?"

"I'm serious. Listen to me" she cupped his face, making him focus on every word she says "T-This is impossible. I told you this, not because I want to have a relationship with you but because I-" he didn't wait for her to finish and silenced her with his lips molding hers. "Jung" she broke the kiss but he helf her nape and pulled her forward, deepening the kiss.

They were panting when they ended it, staring at each other's eyes. "Please, please listen to me first"

"I don't want to listen to you anymore!"

"You don't understand!"

"I don't want to understand!"

"Then leave" his eyes widen

"Leave? That easy? You asked me that as if you were just telling me to sleep early? Are you just playing with me?"

"Yes" her answer came into a painful whisper, gaze focused on the floor

"Look at me and tell that straight in my face" he commanded but she just shook her head stubbornly

"If I really matter to you, you'll let go of me"

"What's the use of liking you if I'm going to let go of you?"

"You have Nana"

"WE BOTH FCKING KNOW NANA MEANS NOTHING TO ME!"

"But you can go out with her comfortably."

"You're not stupid Seo Joo Hyun, you know why I did it."

"I don't want to know. I may know it deep inside but I don't want to think about it. Please, let me live in silence. Don't bother me anymore. You've done enough"

"Why is it easy for you to kick me out of your life as if I never existed?"

"I never planned to meet you, most especially to make you stay beside me. That's where I got it wrong, that was my mistake. I let you stay beside me, when I supposed to kick you out as soon as we finished talking."

It was silence that answered her, she bravely lift her eyes to look if he's still there but regretted it as soon as their eyes clashed. It was pain, and anger that was visible in the depths of his eyes.

"You see? I'm the Golden Mistress, I don't settle for less. I can't let go of him because he have the power and money. I-"

"Stop." She flinched when she heard his cold voice, she looked up and saw him glaring at her "You don't need to degrade yourself more just to make me go away. You've said enough." And with that, he turned around and started walking away from her. She stood there rigidly, looking at his fading silhouette, wishing he could turn around for one last time. But he didn't, he didn't even looked at her.

 

=====================================

A month after...

 

 

After saving her art gallery successfully, she hurriedly booked a ticket straight to Seoul. He was summoning her, telling her to get there as soon as possible.

 

When he arrived at the mansion, she walked straight to his office, not minding that she's still holding her luggage.

"What is it?" she asked, looking at him blankly.

"How's your relationship with him? Did he ask you to be his girlfriend now?"

"No." she saw how his eyes widen with shock

"How did that happen?"

"You have someone following me, am I right?"

"Of course you are!" he chuckled evilly "My my, that's a sweet scene on the bus, you really looked like a couple."

"What do you want?"

"I think you've done enough with your job unknowingly. Jung's empire is going down fast." She stopped herself from reacting furiously and stayed calm, looking at him blankly 

"And you're point?"

"I want you to crush him more. They were preparing for a bigger project right now, which is located in Busan. Luckily, I'm one of the bidder, it was a good project that's why I want to get it. They were still finding a good interior designer, so it's your chance ah no, it must be destiny that they haven't hired any interior designer yet. Tell me all their plans, don't leave even a bit of information!"

"Why do you hate him that much?"

"Because he looks fun to play with"

"Just that?"

"And he wants to get you"

"No. He got bored with me"

"Are you trying to lie to me?"

"I'm telling the truth. He got bored and left me. He told me not to meet him again."

Instead of answering, he just laughed out loud, shaking his head as if saying he knows something that she doesn't. 

"I'll make sure you'll be accepted as their Interior Designer again. Don't worry. You see I have some spy there, so that's not a problem anymore."

"If you have a spy there already, then why do still need my help?"

"Because I want it to be painful."

"You're evil"

"Glad you noticed it." That and he turn around already, dismissing her. "Get some rest and report to Jung Yong Hwa tomorrow. Don't you miss each other? I bet you'll hug and kiss like there's no tomorrow again" he laughed out loud, as if what he said is a humurous joke. "You can go now to your room."

"I'll go home straight to my place Mr. Jang" she said icily, clenching her jaw tightly

"Ahrasseo, if that's what you want."

She her heels and walked straight to door, not wanting to spend another minute in this filthy place. She was about to step out of the mansion when someone grabbed her arms harshly, making her spun. Her eyes widen as she saw who grabbed her. 

"Hello hello Golden Mistress!" he grinned evilly, the gleam in his eyes making her shiver. 

"Jang Geun Suk" his name feels like poison

"Ola Golden Mistress, why are you here? Had fun with Old Jang?" He winked at her and his lips lustfully, eyeing the luggage she's holding. "Mind going straight to my pad? I feel lonely these past few days."

She chose to remain silent and was about to turn around again when he grabbed both her arms, squeezing it. She bit her inner cheek to stop from crying in pain and tried to look at him steadily with her cold empty eyes. 

"Let's go and fck till morning" he whispered hoarsely as he leaned forward to kiss her but she stepped back, glaring at him "You're still a loyal mistress are you? I told you, leave Old Jung and I can provide you with your needs too."

She just scoffed at him and bit back the urge to scream profanities at him until his ears bleed, she turn her back on her and continue walking out of the insane place . 

"If you need another one to fill you, I'm just a call away!" She heard him shouting crazily, she just ignored it and threw her luggage at the compartment. She hastily went inside her car, scared that he'll still follow her there.

She stepped on the accelerator, making the tires squeak, making it drift, leaving tire marks in front of the hell place they called house. 

 

 

=====================================================================

"Have you found the right Interior Designer?" Yonghwa asked without looking at his secretary

"Not yet Sir."

"WHY?! IS THAT HARD TO DO?!" There it goes again. Bipolar Yonghwa strikes again. It was a good ole Monday morning for goodness sake! And the first thing his boss did was to shout at the employees he sees, even to him. 

"What's wrong with the description? Is it that hard to find a perfect Designer?"

"S-sir there's no such thing as perfect Designer"

"There is," He was staring at him, his face screams the name of the girl who can't be named. 

"Should we c-"

"No. I highly doubt she'll come back here."

"But let's be honest hyung! She's the one we need! The reason why we got this invitation to bid on that big project was because he saw her work at Mr. Kwon's hotel. The one we did a month ago with her. 

"We can still find someone who's gooder than her."

"Hyung!" Jungshin screamed frustratedly

"Are you screaming at me?"

"I just want you to get my point Mr, Jung!" 

"And what is that?"

"That we need her. She's the one we need to r-"

"E-excuse me Mr. Jung" one of the employee peeked at the door

"WHAT?" the man flinched hearing him screamed

"M-Ms. Seo Joo Hyun is outside. S-she needs to talk to-"

"Let her in" Yonghwa said without thinking twice

"B-But s-she's looking for Mr. L-lee"

"IS HE THE BOSS HERE?! LET HER IN" 

"N-ne!" the guy hastily closed the door, they heard him speaking outside and with just a few seconds, someone knocked on the door. 

His heart beating fast, feet turned cold, and he was sweating bullets. 

"Come in." he managed to stay calm outside and his gaze boring at the door, waiting for her to step in. 

"Annyeong Haseyo" She bowed politely, as if it was the first time they met

He scoffed and rolled his eyes annoyingly

"What are you doing here?"

"I heard you're looking for a Professional Interior Designer"

"I am. And so?"

"I'm applying for the position"

"We're looking for a PROFESSIONAL one. Not those who g-"

"You're accepted! Welcome back Seo Joo Hyun-ssi!" He glared at his secretary who was now shaking her hands as if they were re-united friends

"AND WHO ARE YOU TO S-"

"I'll orient you the things we need to do right now for the biggest project we'll ever handle"

"YAH LEE JUNG SHIN!!"

"and then we'll have a meeting for.." He was fuming mad but Jungshin ignored him and assisted Seohyun out of his office, still talking to her, not minding to talk to him first. 

"YOU'RE FIRED LEE JUNG SHIN!!"

 

"107!!! 93 to go Boss!" Jungshin said as he closed the door hastily, avoiding the pen holder Yonghwa threw.