The Fate of Monsters

The Fate of Monsters

314 experiments; that is how many monsters have come through those large steel doors at the front of the building. 6 experiments; that is how many are still alive. Only 6 remained in the large government facility, 5 males and 1 female.

Case file #236; T.O.P; half Vampire. Current days kept in facility: 121.

Case file #237; Taeyang; Night Crawler. Current days kept in facility: 121.

Case file #238; G-Dragon; Hell Boy. Current days kept in facility: 121.

Case file #239; Daesung; Demon. Current days kept in facility: 121.

Case file #240; Seungri; Grim. Current days kept in facility: 121.

The five males had been brought in together and had put up a big fight about being separated. They fought whenever they could to try to get out, to protect each other, to survive. The security had even gone so far as to put them on separate floors of the facility to keep the fighting under control. There were some nights where the heartbreaking cries from the maknae of the group, Seungri, could be heard throughout the facility.

Case file #1; no name; half Kumiho. Days kept in facility: 5478.

The female was the first experiment to be brought here against her will almost 15 years previous, when she was a child. She had fought in the beginning to get out, but gave up after her second year. She cried quietly in her cell every night.

“Case file #1 to be brought for testing. Let's go.” the guard growled, grabbing the long chain that was connected to bulky cuffs on her wrists.

Lowering her head, the nameless female followed behind the guard without a word. Her waist length fiery red hair swung with her steps and her golden eyes watched the floor. She wore black skinny pants, military boots, a sleeveless black turtleneck, and unattached black sleeves that went from her elbows to her wrists. She was inhumanely gorgeous, and it hadn't gone unnoticed. The only guards assigned to her were ones that wouldn't fall to her beauty and, if she tried, seduction.

From down the hallway, another guard was speaking to one of the other experiments. “Case file #238 to be brought for a check up. Let's go.”

The one named G-Dragon stepped out of his cell, cuffs and a collar attached to a chain in the guard's hand. G-Dragon had messy bright red hair with one side sticking up like a horn, red eyes, a lip piercing, black skinny jeans with a rip in the knee, military boots, a black leather vest that hung off his figure, and black gloves. His eyes met hers and they both stopped in their tracks to stare. Though the female knew that there were five male experiments and she knew their case file numbers and their names, she had never met nor seen them. This was their first meeting.

The guard holding her chain scoffed. “C'mon, get a move on, case file #1. You have tests that need to be done. Get moving or else I'll use force.”

G-Dragon was looking at her with sad, pleading eyes. He wanted to get out of here, and he needed her help in order to do so. Nodding in understanding, she quickly kicked the guard holding her in the side of the head, and his head collided with a sickening crack against the wall. The other guard had accidentally dropped the chain and was about to call for help. The young guard looked up and his eyes met her now glowing yellow ones; she smirked.

“You don't want to do that, do you? Get these restraints off of us and I'll give you something special. Hmm, how does that sound?” she approached the guard seductively, eyes holding his. “I'm sure I can offer you something way more fun than escorting this experiment to his check up.”

Eyes wide and roaming her body, the guard his lips and quickly brought out the keys to free them. He took the cuffs and collar off of G-Dragon quickly, then hurried over to the nameless female to take her cuffs off; as soon as he did she kicked him and knocked him out. She grabbed the keys and threw them at G-Dragon.

“So you're the first experiment? What's your name? I'm G-Dragon.” G-Dragon introduced himself.

“I don't have a name. And I know who you are. I know everyone who has come through those doors.” she answered, turning to lead him quickly down a hallway. “Seungri is a floor down.”

“Then I'll call you Miya.” G-Dragon grinned, following after her.

She glanced back at him. “My name is lost child?”

He shook his head. “No, it's nothing but beauty.” He cupped his hands to his mouth. “Seungri, we're coming! Hang in there, Dongsaeng!”

Miya glared at G-Dragon. “You're alerting the security guards.”

G-Dragon smirked at her. “Maybe I want to. Maybe I want them to know that I'm getting out of here, and I'm taking my friends with me. Maybe I want them to know that they won't have any more experiments. Maybe I want them to know that they don't have any control.”

He grabbed her hand and kept running down a hallway and down a flight of stairs. They managed to make it to Seungri's cell without any security catching them. G-Dragon speedily unlocked the door for Seungri, who burst out as soon as it was opened and hugged the older man. A muscular security guard rounded the corner near where Miya stood and froze when he saw her; she approached him calmly, eyes glowing, and placed her hands on either side of his face, then snapped his neck and grabbed his set of keys.

“Who's she, Hyung?” Seungri asked worriedly.

Miya bowed. “Case file #1 at your service. I'm helping you get out of here alive with your friends. Now go down a level and get Daesung; I'll go get the other two from the upper floors. Don't get caught, don't die, don't wait for me to meet up with you. As soon as you get him, get out of here.”

“But won't you need someone to accompany you, Miya?” G-Dragon questioned. “I mean, what happens if you get cornered by the guards?”

Ignoring the questions, she ran off to get T.O.P and Taeyang from the other wing of the building. Miya knew she would not need any help. There were only seven guards assigned to her, which meant she could control any of the other guards to do as she pleased. She ran up two flights of stairs and came face-to-face with two guards, who both pointed their guns at her before tensing at her glowing eyes. Smiling, Miya grabbed the gun out of one guard's hands, then shot both of them in the head. The gun was placed in the waistband of her pants. Quietly, she made her way to the occupied cell and unlocked it, revealing a shocked man.

“I'm case file #1. I'm here to help get you and your friends get out of here, Taeyang. Hurry up.” Miya stated curtly, only sparing him a glance.

A guard rounded the corner at the end of the hallway. “Freeze!”

Taeyang grabbed her wrist and started running back toward the staircase; Miya pointed up urgently. Nodding, Taeyang pulled her up to the next floor. Miya handed Taeyang the keys and she kept an eye out for guards. They reached an occupied cell and Taeyang unlocked it quickly to reveal T.O.P.

“Taeyang! How did you get out?” T.O.P asked in surprise and grinned.

The guard that they had seen on the floor below came up the stairs with two other guards, guns drawn. Miya's eyes started to glow yellow and she calmly walked toward them. The three stopped and stared at her dazedly. She approached the first guard and smiled innocently before plunging her right hand into his chest and yanking out his heart, then threw it to the ground. The other two eyed her body up and down like nothing had happened to their comrade. Taeyang and T.O.P were watching her in shock.

“Aim your guns at each other.” Miya commanded the other two in a sweet voice. They obeyed, blinded by their clouded thoughts. “Shoot.”

They both pulled the trigger and shot each other in the head. Sighing, she turned to the other two and waved for them to follow her. The three descended the stairs until they reached the first floor. Standing just inside the door of the facility, hiding from the search lights of the courtyard, were G-Dragon, Seungri, and Daesung. The three looked up at the sound of footsteps and grinned at the sight of T.O.P and Taeyang. G-Dragon gave her a thumbs up. The corners of twitched up. The other four all looked at her warily.

“Did you run into any trouble, Miya?” G-Dragon asked.

Miya shook her head. “Nothing I couldn't handle.” She bowed her head. “I am case file #1. I am half kumiho. Please see me as a comrade and not an enemy.”

There was the sound of many guards running toward them and they all became silent, tensing. Panicking, Seungri started running in the other direction, and the other five followed. What looked like twelve guards rounded the corner and saw them, and they pulled their guns out to shoot. Miya spun around and her eyes started glowing. The amount of people she had to try to control made her body tremble, making it so she was unable to move at all. Two of the guards were immune to her power and raced forward to attack her. Miya wanted to flinch or scream, but she could do nothing at all. When they got a few feet away, Seungri and Daesung jumped in front of her and quickly killed them.

Miya finally gained her voice, and she commanded the rest of the guards. “The last living guard will get a special surprise from me. We can have some fun.”

Without hesitation, they all each other and started shooting. The strain on Miya's power eased with each guard that was killed until only one remained. Satisfied, Miya walked over to the eager man, staggering a little. When she stood in front of him she smiled before plunging her hand into his chest and ripping out his heart. The organ dropped onto the ground with the corpse. Having never used her power on that many people for that length of time, Miya collapsed onto her knees while the room spun around her. G-Dragon ran up to her and picked her up with a sense of urgency, hearing more guards coming closer, and the five men raced down the long hallway and into an abandoned corridor. Daesung found a door that led outside. They opened it and ran out into the cold air.

“We're gonna get out of here and be free again.” Taeyang murmured comfortingly to Daesung and Seungri.

T.O.P nodded. “We're all getting out of here.”

Seungri let out a breath. “Good.”

Daesung gasped. “Get down!”

They all ducked for cover just as guards started firing their guns at them. Seungri looked terrified, reminding Miya of an innocent child. She shakily pushed herself out of G-Dragon's arms and petted Seungri's hair comfortingly. A whimper escaped Seungri's lips.

“I'll hold their attention, but you'll have to kill them or do something. Got it?” Miya asked the five men and they nodded.

She quickly got to her feet and stared at the large group of guards with her glowing yellow eyes. They all stopped shooting and stared back. Taking that as their cue, the other five rushed forward to quickly get rid of the guards. The strain from using her power made her eyes turn red, and she clenched her teeth in pain. The five men were killing the guards as fast as they could, knowing that it was a strain on Miya. They got down to only six when the guards were able to move again and raised their guns. Five pairs of eyes turned to look at Miya.

Miya struggled weakly against the bulky cuffs on her wrists, with a metal mouth mask holding her jaw shut and a blindfold covering her eyes. Three men stood over her kneeling form, one of them holding the chain attached to her cuffs.

“Miya!” G-Dragon shouted.

One of the guards near her kicked her hard in the side. “Stop squirming, you monster!”

She stopped moving and lowered her head in defeat. Enraged, the five fought with a new strength. Daesung, T.O.P, and Seungri attacked the six they were originally against; Taeyang and G-Dragon attacked the three holding Miya. All of the guards were quickly killed before the five stepped toward Miya without a word. She flinched in fear.

Taeyang spoke softly to her. “You're okay now, Miya. We're getting out of here.”

They removed the cuffs and blindfold, but were unable to remove the mask. She weakly looked up at them, face pale, and got to her feet. G-Dragon wrapped an arm around her waist to help her stand properly. Her eyes showed how tired she was. The mask was digging into her skin, causing blood to drip onto the ground below them. The five males looked at her with worry. She pushed G-Dragon away from her and pointed to the exit that was behind them. They glanced at it, then back to her. She pointed again just as a tranquilizer dart embedded itself into the hollow of , followed one in the crook of her elbow and the side of her neck. The powerful drug immediately took effect and she collapsed, unconscious.

“Run!” G-Dragon ordered, picking Miya up and tossing her over his shoulder.

They raced to the exit, going so fast that they were a blur to the guards. Seungri was the first to get to the door and he slammed it open with his body. The door broke off its hinges. The five escaped quickly and ran into the dry desert, looking for somewhere to hide. There was a city in the distance with a forest behind it. Without a word, the five agreed to move in that direction. Their senses kicked into overdrive as they sped through the desert. They skirted around the city and made their way into the forest behind it. Miya started to wake up.

“We should stop to rest and get that mask off of Miya.” T.O.P suggested, coming to a halt at the mouth of a cave.

The other four copied T.O.P and they entered the cave for cover. G-Dragon carefully set Miya down. Miya blinked slowly and viewed her surroundings through half-lidded eyes, body otherwise limp and unresponsive. Daesung delicately pulled the darts out of her skin while G-Dragon inspected the mask closely and the other three secured the entrance of the cave.

G-Dragon brought Miya's head to rest in his lap while he worked on the mask. “You'll be okay. We escaped from that hell hole. You're safe now.”

She looked up at him and scanned his face while he concentrated on freeing her. The two heard a loud click, then the mask fell away from Miya's face. A look of triumph came to G-Dragon's eyes as he made eye contact with her.

Miya blinked up at him, speaking in a whisper. “Why are you doing this?”

Smiling, G-Dragon replied. “It wouldn't have been fair to leave you there while we escaped, or to leave that mask on you. You're free now, Miya.”

“I don't know what to do. I've been caged most of my life.” Miya confessed.

“Stay by my side. I'll help you. I'll make sure you're safe.” G-Dragon urged.

“I'll just be a burden to you.” Miya sighed.

G-Dragon frowned. “You will never be a burden to me. Okay, Miya? You helped us get out of there, and we're all grateful. And now that I've met you, I don't ever want to leave you. So please stay with me.”

Miya started to slowly move her hand, trying to lift it, though she was weak. Noticing, he grabbed her hand and brought it up to his cheek, making her smile. “I promise I won't leave you. I'll stay by your side forever, G-Dragon.”

Relieved, he leaned down and pressed his lips to hers briefly. When they separated, he picked her up and carried her to the wall of the cave, where he sat and leaned against it and placed her in his lap so they could rest together. They would rest now so they could continue running from that government facility in the morning, day after day for years to come.