Chapter 2

How To Tame A Player

Jesse POV

After closing the door, I instantly pulled out my phone and called my dad. He and I are going to have a long chat. He needs to understand that I do not enjoy surprises.

*ringing*

Finally after what seemed like forever, my dad decides to finally pick up the phone, "Hello? Jesse, what a suprise you almost never call me son. How are things going? You doing well in school? Are you eating w-"

"Whoa, whoa dad! Hold it with the questions, I should be the one asking them not you since I called you not the other way around. Plus, what do you mean -I've never called you-, I called last weekend."

"Well actually son, I would appreciate it if you were to call me every other day so your mother and I wouldn't have to worry about you as much as we do. While I'm at it, I should also mention that you haven't come home to visit us at all since summer. I know you have more breaks young man than just a winter and a summer one. Where were you during Thanksgiving break do you know how many people asked about your where-abouts. Your sister misses you, I miss you, your mother misses you and I'm pretty sure even the fish miss y-

"Ok ok, I get it. I will call more often and try my hardest to come home more, alright? But that's besides the point, the reason I called was to ask you why you didn't tell me beforehand that I was expecting a guest today? Maybe like a, I don't know, a short brunette. She looks to be in her mid-early 20s and oh that's right....she is a tutor."

"..........."

"C'mon dad, you can chip in anytime."

"...ahh"

"Any day now."

"Right, about that. You see I was going to tell you son, but then I thought it would have been more amusing if left her sudden appearance as a surprise. I mean you love surprises, right? Especially when they have something to do with pretty women."

"Look dad, as much as I do agree with your logic because c'mon everyone likes being surprised by pretty women. However, you know I hate surprises and you should have known that by now. I mean how many years have I been alive for you to not know what triggers me.

"Right......haha.....sorry about that, I totally slipped my mind. Alright well, next time I promise no more surises. I will be sure to tell you everything things beforehand in fine detail. Cool?"

"Fine, but that doesn't mean I'm going to accept this situation. First of all, why are you hiring a tutor a.k.a. babysitter. I am freaking 17 turning 18 in 4 months senior in high school. I can take care of myself, I mean I've already been doing so for the past 3 years. "

"I know, I know son. You are turning 18 and you feel like you can do everything yourself, but you are still our little boy and we want the best for you. Tiffany is your tutor, not your babysitter. She is there to help you with your academics and maybe even your social life. I mean it's been years and you still haven't brought a girl home to us. Maybe staying with another woman would help you out with that because your mother and I are not getting any younger and we would really appreciate it if we could get some grandchildren sooner or late. But not too much later though bec-"

"OK! Enough with your rambling. I get it you want grandchildren, but you better not be expecting any anytime soon. I not even 20 yet and I don't to even think about getting married till way later. I want to focus on my studies right now...so stop bringing up the topic of me getting married so often. This is why I don't call you as often as I should"

"Fine fine, I'll tone it down with the grandchildren talk. However do not want you to use your studies as an excuse. I know your grades have been going down the toilet. You even fell tremendously in rank after the last ranking test. How are you going to ever be valedictorian at this rate."

"Trust me dad, I was never going to be valedictorian."

"Shut it, I'm not done. This was what prompt your mother to hire a tutor in the first place and as you know she is a very demanding woman, so there was no way of saying no to what she wants."

"Yeah I know, that's why I always call you when I call home."

"Smart choice, but never let your mother hear those words. I'll never hear the end of it."

"So how'd you guys find out. Did Yubin-noona tell you?"

"No, we got a call directly from the school."

"Of course."

"Jessi you know we only want the best for you. Remember when you asked us to let you move to Seoul so you could study in Korea as an international student? You promised you would be top of your class and that you would keep in contact every day. You kept neither of those promises -_-."

"....Sorry."

"This is why we did what we did, so if you don't like it then you have to become ranked first for the rest of the year or at least in the top 5."

"Of course dad, I will try-no I will make sure I become one of the top 5 and about the calls. I don't think I can keep in contact every day but, I'll make sure to call more often and not only when I need something."

"Well...then this was a nice chat. Bye Jessi and make sure you get lots of sleep. I heard you were dosing off a lot during class."

"Yeah dad I will, bye dad. And oh, tell Krystal and mom that I love them and I miss them lots."

"It would be better of you called and told them yourself, but I'll pass along the message. Bye, see you winter break."

"Yeah see ya."

*hangs up*

Flopping down onto my bed and letting out frustrated groans was the only thing left to do right now. I am so screwed right now, my freedom has just gone straight down the toilet. How am I going to do anything without what's-her-name reporting back to my mother 24/7. Plus now when I go home next break, I'm going to get an earful from my lovely mother. My life has just officially ended. This is middle school all over again. I am going to have to study all day and find ways to sneak out all night. Great just great and just when I thought I had finally escaped that lif-

*knock knock*

"Hey Jessi, it's me Tiffany. Dinners ready so come out and eat."

Well, I guess living with her does have a plus side, I finally have a personal cook. No more trans-fat filled fast food and lousy-almost-good convenience store food, hopefully her cooking taste better that mess.

As I walked out of my room the sent of heaven hits me straight and the face and wow, was I already impressed. 

"Wow Tiffany, everything smells great and this food looks divine",I flashed her one of my oh-so charming smiles at her as I pulled out a chair to sit. 

"Why thank you Jesse, how kind of you. I hope you like it, I worked hard making this," she said giving me one of the most captivating eyesmiles ever. It was almost, maybe even cuter then my cutie Eunji's.

"Your welcome, and I must say I feel honored to be able to eat the food you have made. By the way, I called my dad and cleared up the whole tutor situation and what not. So sorry I accused you of being a burglar, but in my defense, it was my dad's fault for my informing me of your coming."

"Oh no that's no biggie, it's fine. Everyone makes mistakes, its cool. I don't hold grudges. Go ahead and enjoy the meal. After you finish, I want a full feedback of everything I've made, in full detail if you can please."

"Yeah sure, I can't wait to eat this. Just from the looks of it, I can already tell it'll taste great and everything smells delicious too. So my compliments to the chief on the appearance of the meal. Alright, I'm going to stop my blabbering now, let's dig in!"