(Drabble) She's the Personification of His Obsessions

Still Waters Run Deep (A Compilation of Short Stories/Drabbles)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Joonmyeon…”

 

Suho snapped out of his trance as he heard his birth name from a familiar female voice. Even if the room wasn’t lit, of course, he’d know who had just called him–he wouldn’t mistaken that soft and velvety voice for anyone else.

 

“Joonmyeon are you here?” The girl, whose voice became louder, asked for the second time.

 

Groaning, Suho answered. “I’m here.” He managed to answer as he placed a bottle of beer beside the dirty, old sofa. “Turn the lights on Joohyun, I’m here, in the sofa.” The grunt that he held finally escaped, making him sound even angrier.

But rather than scurrying off, the girl did flicker the lights on and Suho’s eyes were stricken at the sudden light in an instant.

 

“Good Lord, Joonmyeon! What has he done to you!” She demanded, not giving Suho the chance to get away. She gripped firmly on his shoulders. She glared on the red cuts and fresh wounds all over him. But as soon as her gaze landed on his upper right ribcage, she trembled. An ugly, large, purple bruise was visible there.

“You put up a fight.” Her eyes went back on him, shaking at the thought of him fighting. He knew she already saw him a couple of times on a gang fight but the hazy orbs that directly stared onto him meant that she was more concerned now. And probably guiltier too.

“Don’t worry darling, I made sure that he won’t be leaving the hospital for one whole year. That bastard never deserved you in the first place.” He fumed, feeling even more furious than ever.

 

He remembered the crestfallen look she had, a while ago, after she found out her boyfriend–now former boyfriend–making out with a random tramp in a night club. Blazing fire of rage consumed him and the last thing he knew, the other members of his gang were holding him back, afraid that he might actually kill the .

But the girl ignored the issue about her ex-boyfriend and just glowered at him. “I told you not to engage yourself to those, Joonmyeon.” She drawled. “You promised me you weren’t going back to that.”

 

Suho heaved a sigh in exasperation. He grew up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter