Kissed So Gently

Kissed So Gently

  Kyungsoo tightens his scarf around his neck, pulling it up over his chin and burrowing into it. It’s been an hour waiting in the airport, and he still isn’t warmed yet. He’s sitting on a bench on the far wall, watching as Minseok and Luhan float off to the café counter to order them drinks. He asked for a white mocha latte with caramel, to warm his hands and his insides and hopefully relax him enough to sleep on the plane ride home.

  Zitao’s laughter falls in the direction he knows Yifan is by the way his voice carries over the rest of the members. Directly across from him, Yixing is asleep, head lolling to the side, onto Joonmyun’s shoulder because he’s always been the cuddly leader type, especially to Yixing.

  He turns his shoulders a little bit to focus on Chanyeol next to him, playing a game on his phone that he’s never seen but probably doesn’t care about. Kyungsoo leans forward, peering at it, and tugs on his hands. Chanyeol glances at him from the corner of his eyes, but goes back to his game, moving his hand out of his and ignoring him. Kyungsoo tugs on him again, and this time Chanyeol glares at him, flinging off his hand, and Kyungsoo pouts. He doesn’t like to be ignored, especially when he’s cold.

  He does it again, this time effectively pulling Chanyeol’s focus from his game and onto himself, even if he’s angry and flinging his hand off. Kyungsoo pouts, and after a few seconds, Chanyeol’s mouth betrays his and curves up into a smile. Kyungsoo smiles back, gummy and wide. “What is it?” Chanyeol asks, raising his hand up to card through his hair.

  “I’m cold,” Kyungsoo tells him, leaning into his touch.

  “I lost my game because you’re cold?” Chanyeol questions, rolling his eyes. “What do you want me to do about it? Luhan and Minseok hyung will be back with your drink in a little bit.” He pulls his hand away and goes back to his phone. Kyungsoo makes a sound in the back of his throat, and Chanyeol glances back up at him, confused.

  “Pay attention to me,” he whines, bottom lip jutting out. “Pay attention to me, we haven’t had any down time all week. I miss you.”

  Chanyeol chuckles, leaning back against the wall, rolling his head around to look at him. “On the plane, okay? We’ll cuddle. Too many people around right now-”

  “Fanservice,” Kyungsoo tells him, nodding. “My hands are cold.” He adds, holding his palm up, and Chanyeol takes it with a roll of his eyes.

  “You’re twelve.”

  “Am not.”

  “Twelve.”

  Chanyeol goes back to his game with one hand, and Luhan leans into his vision, smiling. “One mocha latte with carmel!” He pushes the cup into his other hand, and it warms instantly. “Hey,” he leans close to his ear. “Joonmyun says careful with the fanservice today. Manager hyung’s not in a good mood.”

  Their hands release, Chanyoel going back to his game, and Kyungsoo cradles his paper cup in both hands, using it to warm him. The first sip scalds his tongue, and Chanyeol laughs. “You better be soothing it when we get back,” he says out of the corner of his mouth, and Chanyeol blushes. There’s a click of a camera somewhere and giggling, the photos capturing Chanyeol’s blush.

  “Hey, guys!” Sehun bounces in front of them, rocking back and forth on his feet. “Get your stuff ready. We’re about to board.”

  Kyungsoo weakly pushes himself up from the bench before purposely falling backwards, landing on Chanyeol’s lap. He grins up at him, eyes shining, before dancing out of his grasp, pulling his bag over his shoulder and sticking his tongue out over his shoulder.

  Chanyeol’s always been his seat partner on planes, much to Jongin’s distaste, even though he knows they’re dating. Jongin usually ends up with Sehun or Luhan. More often, though, Luhan ends up with Minseok, and Jongin will force himself into the seat next to Joonmyun.

  His latte is drained quickly, ignoring the burn on his tongue, because Chanyeol slips a piece of ice from his coke into his mouth to on. He smiles at him through the ice, and Chanyeol rolls his eyes again.

  Halfway through the flight, he feels his eyes drooping, his head becoming heavy. He feels Chanyeol’s warm palms on the side of his head, guiding it down to land on his shoulder, and he falls asleep.

 

  It’s dark when he wakes up, and he recognizes the soft under his body and the warmth around him as his dorm room. Chanyeol is pulling the blanket over his shoulders when he opens his eyes, and he smiles down at him. “Morning, sunshine.”

  “I slept the whole flight?” Kyungsoo questions, tugging on the hem of Chanyeol’s shirt.

  “You woke up at one point pointing at your mouth like you wanted a kiss,” Chanyeol tells him, lowering himself on top of him until he’s holding himself up on his elbows. “But, yeah, the whole flight until here.”

  Kyungsoo hums, looping arms around his neck. “Will you pay attention to me now?” he asks, batting his eyelashes at him, pouting. “We haven’t had any time together all week. I feel neglected. You always hang onto Baekhyunie.”

  Lips meld over his, pressing gently against his. “You have all my attention,” Chanyeol assures him, leaning onto his side, holding himself up with one elbow, so he can cradle the side of Kyungsoo’s face. “All of it,” he hums, easily into his mouth with a practiced ease.

  “Good,” Kyungsoo says into his mouth, lips parting, mouth tingling as Chanyeol over the roof of his mouth, where he knows Kyungsoo is sensitive. “I should always have it, don’t you think? Don’t ignore me for stupid games, Channie.”

  “Don’t tell me what to do,” Chanyeol murmurs, “I’ll pay attention to you when I want to.”

  Kyungsoo whacks him on the head with a closed fist, and Chanyeol bites down on his bottom lip. “Don’t ignore me.”

  “Never,” Chanyeol agrees, muttering under his breath, “I couldn’t if I tried.”

  “You .”

  “I don’t have to right now, actually, thanks though.”

  Kyungsoo pushes him away with a groan, Chanyeol landing on his back. “You ruined the moment, moron,” he deadpans, crossing his arms.

  With a yelp, Kyungsoo is rolled on top of Chanyeol, landing on his chest with a huff. “I can always remake the mood.”

  “Nope, it’s ruined for good now,” Kyungsoo tells him, but he’s playing with the dips in his collar bones. “I’m pretty sure you’ll never be able to recreate it. Seems pretty impossible.”

  “Are you doubting my romantic-ness?”

  Kyungsoo surges forwards, lips melting against Chanyeol’s warm ones with an urgency, a desperation, that has Chanyeol’s mind reeling. Chanyeol holds onto Kyungsoo’s shoulders, bringing them closer. He barely registers the tell-tale hitch in his breath as the kiss breaks apart. Kyungsoo buries his head into his shoulder, breathing deeply. “Don’t ignore me,” he mutters into his shirt, forcing his forehead against Chanyeol’s neck. “Please don’t.”

  “Soo?” Chanyeol asks, rubbing circles on his back. “What’s wrong?”

  “I just don’t like being ignore by you,” he replies simply, breathing him in. “Tired. Let’s sleep.”

  “Kyungsoo, if something’s wrong-”

  “Shhh,” Kyungsoo kisses his neck. “I’m tired. We’ve had no time together. Let’s enjoy this. Tomorrow you can recreate the mood.” He’d wiggle his eyebrows, but there’s no point if Chanyeol can’t see it.

  There’s no easy comeback for that, so Chanyeol wills his eyes closed, drawing patterns on Kyungsoo’s back until they both fall asleep, the stress from the week finally rolling off their shoulders.