Chapter 2

Courting My Wife?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“That child is a mistake.” Nichkhun’s voice keeps on repeating in Yuri’s mind. She is now driving back to her office after rushing towards her car and get out of the shooting set quickly. This is because she does not want to be in an awkward situation with Yoona nor Nichkhun. Within 20 minutes, she gets 7 missed calls from Yoona and a few text messages. Now Yuri needs to clear her mind by doing work, hoping it will help her to forget about the incident earlier on.  But it seems like Nichkhun’s words keep on replaying in her mind like a broken record. Sitting upright in her seat, Yuri tries focus on her paperwork and a few important documents. While reading the document, Yuri’s vision started to get blurry as her tears flowing non-stop down her smooth cheek.

“Yuri-ah, why don’t you go back now? It’s rather late already, dear,” said Changmin playfully, Yuri childhood friend that suddenly barged into her office. Yuri is actually crying silently while staring at the paper she is holding on.  “Are you alright, Yuri? What’s going on?” asked Changmin. Immediately, she wiped away her tears and force to smile at Changmin, “I’m alright. Nothing is important, Changmin-ah. Why are you here? Usually you’re home early?” But her voice cracks, even though she is trying to sound cheerful to Changmin. Seeing this, makes Changmin to feel hurt inside, to see his bright Yuri shedding tears. “Yuri-ah, I’m going to a special place, but I don’t have anyone to go with, so will you be a good friend and accompany me now?” He smiled at Yuri.  “Like right now? I’m not wearing a appropriate attire for any kind of occasion. I’m in my office attire, Changmin-ah,” Yuri replied. “Who mention about occasion? So, stand up now, or we’ll be late. Hurry up Yuri-ah.” He rushed Yuri to get her things before walking out of the Yuri’s office room. “I’ll make you smile again and forget whatever pain you feel for a little while Yuri,” Changmin promised himself that late evening.

Yuri is not at home when Nichkhun arrived at their apartment. She is nowhere to be found, he tried to call her but he cannot get through. Afraid of anything bad that might happened to her, Nichkhun finally decides to call their parent, but Yuri is not with them. Now, he could not stop thinking of all the bad things that could happen to her and their unborn baby. Guilt started to flood into his conscious mind, as he hurt Yuri’s feeling today just to win Yoona back. He is fighting a losing battle. Yoona has stated very clearly, that she will not be with him. It’s over between them for good. He must be not in his right mind when he did all that, how can he forgot the fact that Yoona’s husband is his own cousin Taecyeon. How can he backstabbed his cousin and tried to mess up his marriage?

 This is the first time Yuri acted this way in 5 months of their marriage. She didn’t even flinched even when he shouted at her in their first month of marriage. “I really wish that I didn’t say anything that can hurt Yuri. Nichkhun, you’re so stupid, how come you keep on hurting Yuri’s feeling? You are responsible if there anything happen to Yuri,” he said to himself. The idea of Yuri is leaving him, started to bother him. “It can be happening, Yuri will not leave me? Will she?” Despite being sure of Yuri will not leaving his side, his inner thought somehow shaken his confident when he realized that he did not treat Yuri right all the time during their 5 months marriage.

Nichkhun remembered the harsh treatment he gave to Yuri in the first three weeks of their marriage. On their first day staying all alone in Yuri’s apartment, Nichkhun basically treated Yuri coldly. That night, Nichkhun told Yuri, “I don’t want to see your face all day! I feel sick you know! So, don’t expect me to be at home every night, Yuri.” Yes, and he really keep his words when in he kept on going back home the next morning after drinking the whole night at the club. There was one time when Yuri is actually preparing breakfast for two of them before she went to work, he told Yuri that he didn’t want to have breakfast with her since it will only make him lose his appetite.  Since then, Yuri never woke him up for breakfast in the morning but only leave his breakfast on the table where most of the time he will leave it untouched. But still Yuri is persistence in playing her roles being a good wife that Nickhun eventually succumb to her wilfulness and started to eat at home.

Staying alone at home, waiting for Yuri, makes Nichkhun realize that waiting can be very torturing. If Yuri is having a day off from work, she will wait for Nichkhun to come back from his clubbing activity in a drunken state and help him to his room, or basically it actually a reading room but Nichkhun refused to sleep in the only bedroom with Yuri, so he eventually crashed in the reading room. Unable to stay still, Nichkhun stand up at go into their room, he take a good look around the room. Their bedroom is in a very neat condition, despite Yuri is busy with her work, she is still able to keep their house clean and provided that she always prepare the clothes for Nichkhun every morning before she went out of the house. Oddly, regardless of his detestation towards Yuri presence in his life, he is kind of used to the treatment g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter