Chapter 2

Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 is up!!!!!!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The strong beam of sunlight, warm to the touch, awaken the sleeping man. Groaning as he stretched his strained muscles, he realized the beautiful creature beside him, clinging onto him, as if her life depended on him. He used to wake up to such sight, protecting her, providing her the warmth and love to face the world.

But that was 6 years ago, 6 long years of loneliness. This man, who used to love women, actually though he would die of loneliness. He read an article on how loneliness is more dangerous than addictions and sleep deprivation, that woke him up.

With the help of his family members and friends, he started seeing women again. He started facing reality again. He started enjoying the life he lived. But one thing still clung onto him, the very thing that made him feel the loneliness he felt, made him feel lost and useless. The women he so deeply loved broke him, pained him, stained him. He knew he would never be whole without her but he braved on, facing the reality that life no matter how hard, how torturous, still goes on. But the pain still strangles him every waking day, how could he forget the pain?? How could he forget the love he once shared??

How could he forget

 

 

her??

 

It was a stormy afternoon, the rain battered walking pedestrians, as if recreating a war zone with flying bullets. Seated under the protection of his vehicle, he relaxed his stuffy body, taking a long sip from the coffee placed at the cup holders in his car. The warmth of the coffee, hot and soothing, traveled down his throat, melting away the coldness straining him. Placing the cup of coffee back to the cup holder, a soft sigh escaped his lips. Leaning back on the car seat, his tears flowed.

The flowing rain, dashing like white rapids, blinding his vision of the outside world. With a swipe of his hand, the wipers came to life, wiping way the blurry water. Seated on his seat, he practiced that one thing he loved to do the most- observation. A couple of people walking across the street, cars passing by every now and then. An elderly lady struggled to cross the road under this torturous rain, the heavy bags of groceries did little to reduce the hardship. By instincts, he got out of the car, ran to the old lady and assisted her with the task at hand. The rain wetting his outfit, sticking it to his skin like glue to paper.

The elderly lady thanked him before they parted ways. Walking back to his car, he smiled to himself like an idiot, catching the attention of a few by-passers walking by. He looked up and froze.

The person he so dreaded to see was standing a few feet in front of him. The woman under the yellow umbrella, wearing her favorite coat was waiting for the green light a few feet ahead of him.

 He thought that he was okay.

He thought that he could brave though this.

He thought that he was pass this, and that they were just beautiful past stories, ineffective against him.

He thought he was right this time.

He thought

Wrong

 

Turning away, he took long, sharp breaths. Mustering enough courage to drive him forward, to do something he never thought of doing.  Turning back, he took uneasy steps. His movement s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter